Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
The new items that will drop in torment are level 70 only so you aren't missing anything by playing on lower difficulties currently. Infact, I've seen people say that if you aren't interested in paragon leveling and want to get the most legendaries, put the game on normal and mass slaughter everything.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I'm sure this is just a coincidence, but if anyone still needs any of the dropped rare crafting plans (Archon Spaulders of X, Archon Gloves, Razorspikes, etc.) I've been farming Act 3 this morning and got 3 of them, all ones that I needed (I got many duplicates on console, not sure if that's part of this Loot 2.0) from Treasure Goblins in the side dungeons.
They added a system where you don't get plans you have already learned anymore from what I read. Still gets all the shitty plans first though, but if you have these then yeah you're gonna find ones you need. I got lucky and found the Sage's Plight set plans, sold instantly for 20millions on the AH which effectively doubled my gold, pretty happy about it(even though it's not that much money really). Wish I had bought gold when I last played though, it was about 2euros for 50millions, it's up to 4.50 atm so could have made some money.

Silence_sl

shitlord
The new items that will drop in torment are level 70 only so you aren't missing anything by playing on lower difficulties currently. Infact, I've seen people say that if you aren't interested in paragon leveling and want to get the most legendaries, put the game on normal and mass slaughter everything.
That's funny. I got bored with screwing around with T4, so I dropped to normal. I didn't even have to cast any spells. My Fire Walkers did the killing for me.

I found these almost right off the bat:

rrr_img_62217.jpg
rrr_img_62218.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah if you don't care about paragon xp, you might as well drop it down to farm items. I personally still need quite a few paragon levels, I want to get 101 before RoS so I can get 25%movespeed with paragon points and 12% boots only, I'm 70ish something which is pretty good, it goes up fast even in torment 1, feel it's faster than when I was farming prepatch with my wiz. Pools of Reflection and the community xp buff help a lot though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Eh. When gearing up, you will spec based on what items you find. At endgame, you will still find items that will make you try new builds. That's all that was really needed.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Stupid ass font but it does sum up a couple of problems with the loot.

Edit :For some reason I cant make the img bigger.
Socket problem fixed with rerolling.

The other gripes are cherry picking examples. D2 had tons of boring uniques. Not every orange or gold is going to wow you. They can't by the nature of the game design. Either you get more legendary drops and some of them will be disappointing, or you get less drops and they will be awesome. Either way, they can't just throw awesome loot at you all the time.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Oh man, a kridershot with 4 hatred and a socket. hnnnnnng
I'm pretty sure it can roll 2 sockets.

At any rate I mostly agree with that imgur thing. I've gotten a bunch of legendaries, but they've all been terrible. Things like hats without crit chance or socket, weapons without socket, rings without a single of the trifecta stats, etc. They just tossed a bunch of primary stat on items and said "good now right!?" while nerfing things like Life Steal, Attack Speed, Crit Chance, and Crit Damage. Making it less about those stats and more about Str/Int/Dex doesn't make itemization better.

There are good things, like only getting recipes you don't have. Apparently if you are wearing a set item you have an increased chance of getting that set, but being as I've never gotten a set item I would actually wear that is pretty meaningless to me.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Just stop dropping 2h legendary melee weapons already or just instantly give me a fiery brimstone.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I was pretty well geared pre patch, especially compared to most of y'all. In about a week and a half I've upgraded five items by crafting and three by drops. Loot 2.0 is working. DPS is about 16% higher now, eHP is around 50% higher (over 140k raw health!). Spend some time playing, and you can get good gear. That is all.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Reading the giant graphic, Blizzard probally want to hire some people from Magic The Gathering. They really go nuts trying to design good things there. They could even theme expansions like MTG and like have a frost cavern which drops the Ice loot etc, so you know where to farm to improve a certain playstyle.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think all Kridershots have sockets. It might be able to have 2 sockets, but I think they got rid of that.

Some items can still roll insane crit/crit damage. Kymbos Gold and Rakoff's Glass of Life. A friend of mine got a Rakoff's that's just unreal.

Apparently there's two tiers of legendaries. Common ones that drop a lot, and 'powerful' ones that drop much less frequently.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
At the very least, let's knock off the D2 nostalgia shit, yet again. I know you didn't post the graphic. But it doesn't help your argument to make false comparisons. You think the loot is shit? Your arguments should be able to stand on their own without making comparisons to another game.

*should* they be bland? No, of course not. But by comparison, they are going to be. If Blizzard was able to make every orange and green piece of loot knock your socks off, they'd have the game of the century. It's a near impossibility to design loot that varied, interesting, unique, and most importantly, useful. That deadmau5 amulet is interesting and unique, looks like fun loot. Not that useful though.