Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh, if anyone is curious, I tried that dh lightning stun build in a group setting and while I can perma-stun 1 elite or a small cluster of mobs reliably, elites with fast or teleporting tend to get all spread out so I can only lock one down at a time and the diminishing returns on rift bosses (and so I'd assume ubers) is so high it is impossible to stunlock them. Tested it on a butcher rift boss and while I wasn't getting the immune damage and seeing *stun* it was having no noticeable effect on him so I imagine subsequent stuns last .1s on them.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I started to feel like my Crusader was becoming a bit lackluster but after a few legendary drops and minor build tweaks it seems like caster Crusader is ridiculous. I was hoping a tanky thorns build would be viable but in comparison to a dps Crusader, dps wins hands down.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I farmed for the stupid legendary piece I need to craft a legendary bow plan I got for at least 6 hours this weekend and nothing. The worst part is, had I spent that time doing bounties/rifts I probably would have gotten a bigger dps/toughnesss boost than the bow will ever give me. I hit 70 Friday, upgraded most of my gear in an hour, and then didn't get a single upgrade for the rest of the weekend.
Crafting drops unless you are on higher torment levels seem horrible. Even on T4 the rates are abysmal, when I cranked it up to T6 they seemed to drop about 40% of the time. IMO I wouldn't waste time doing it. Everything I spent time camping to craft basically was a waste because of the totally random affixes. Wands were the same, they max damage at 2k so with a good % Damage roll you might get a "cute" one but nothing that compares to the 2590 dps ones dropping.

Also --

rrr_img_63818.jpg

Needless

Toe Sucker
I never have an issue with forgotten souls.. its the fucking stupid gem requirements that make rerolling legendaries a pain int he ass.. costing a million + per roll is pretty retarded lol

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How fast rerolling ramps up in gold cost needs to be toned down. They already lock you into rerolling 1 affix, so it's not like you can take a shitty drop and make it great. It's got to have n-1 affixes that you're willing to wear. So why does it cost me hours of farming to reroll a legendary? Been trying to get a socket on my Skycutter and after 5 rerolls, I'm probably better off waiting for it to drop with a socket than sinking more gold and souls into it.

What are other monks using for farming? Trying to decide between holy or fire based builds. Lightning is the obvious choice but holy shit do lightning spirit gens suck hard. I've been running what's in my sig, which is a FoF, CS, and stun bells. While it's pretty damn nice utility wise to stun lock elite packs, the damage on WoL is just so bad. If they hit the same amount of targets, FoF easily out DPSs WoL. Essentially, FoF is your kill skill and it's boring. Sucks sitting there beating on a fatty waiting for your stacking dots to ramp up. Want to weave in some spirit spenders? DPS hit!

I want to try CW-Mangle and LTK-VCK. It should go really well with Epiphany - Inner Fire. I just can't help feeling I'll miss the stun part on bells, especially in higher torment. Any monks have luck running that build?

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I dont get all the bitching with gem costs. I started the expac with 10m, and I get about 4-8m playing a day. I sink that into mystic rerolls and gems and stay around 10m incase I get that really lucky drop that requires something. Solo I get about 3-5m a day, but still thats more then enough to keep making new gems/rerolls. Are you guys just solo all the time or something? Get some friends and spam bounties. Dont do them together, do them at the same time. You can clear an act in about 10 minutes or less if you're smart about it. Thats about 600-700k right there depending on the torment level.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Crafting drops seem to drop fairly reasonably from Hard levels. I run certain spots for leg mat farming on Hard, with as much MF gear as I have. I just run through it, casting Orb which one shots pretty much everything, and only stop for legs, recipes or leg mat drops. I have quite a few now from doing just that. The hard mats to get are not hard because of the drop rate, but hard because they are in Act 5, which is more spread out which means hunting for the unique takes time.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I dont get all the bitching with gem costs. I started the expac with 10m, and I get about 4-8m playing a day. I sink that into mystic rerolls and gems and stay around 10m incase I get that really lucky drop that requires something. Solo I get about 3-5m a day, but still thats more then enough to keep making new gems/rerolls. Are you guys just solo all the time or something? Get some friends and spam bounties. Dont do them together, do them at the same time. You can clear an act in about 10 minutes or less if you're smart about it. Thats about 600-700k right there depending on the torment level.
I think the bitching is more about gems being required for mystic rerolls when the reroll cost itself is already fairly high. Overall I think gems are priced correctly since they should last forever except for being a required mat for mystic.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I'm guessing the strategy in Blizzard's thinking is that they go nuts with the crafting and gold costs will this expac just coming out so that the people with billions of gold will spend the majority of their wealth on it. When Blizzard sees that more or less the trillions of the gold that is floating in the economy now has been taken out by this system, they will later nerf the costs back down to more manageable levels.

/economics 101

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm guessing the strategy in Blizzard's thinking is that they go nuts with the crafting and gold costs will this expac just coming out so that the people with billions of gold will spend the majority of their wealth on it. When Blizzard sees that more or less the trillions of the gold that is floating in the economy now has been taken out by this system, they will later nerf the costs back down to more manageable levels.

/economics 101
Thanks Obama.

That reasoning is like the gub'ment. Lets enforce a system to tax the 1%, but in reality we'll just end up fucking over the 99%.
Yuuuuup

DMBTylerWSP_sl

shitlord
Did an hour of T6 Manglemaw just now with a party of 4 and got about 4 crappy legendaries (me alone, Drytyrm got a sexy new set piece), probably 15 leg crafting pieces, and about a level of XP at PL150. Overall not too shabby. Abuse it while it lasts.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Did an hour of T6 Manglemaw just now with a party of 4 and got about 4 crappy legendaries (me alone, Drytyrm got a sexy new set piece), probably 15 leg crafting pieces, and about a level of XP at PL150. Overall not too shabby. Abuse it while it lasts.
this has been the botters choice for a while, blizzards known for a bit.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I started to feel like my Crusader was becoming a bit lackluster but after a few legendary drops and minor build tweaks it seems like caster Crusader is ridiculous. I was hoping a tanky thorns build would be viable but in comparison to a dps Crusader, dps wins hands down.
are they still basically the slowest class in the game at 70?

only thing that would bother me, I played WD and that was considered slow.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think the bitching is more about gems being required for mystic rerolls when the reroll cost itself is already fairly high. Overall I think gems are priced correctly since they should last forever except for being a required mat for mystic.
1. Flawless imperial gems to reroll rings and amulets is fucking retarded.
2. Flawless royal gems to craft certain items makes every single one of those recipes utterly worthless to get as a drop.
3. The cost of unsocketing a gem... see #1.

Nadiar

Silver Knight of the Realm
I got one of these on my crusader with a socket. What a game changer. That 1 mill/second fire chain damage is just fricking crazy. Of course, the demon sometimes likes hugs or some shit and insists on running around to stand right next to you, but it is still a pretty significant DPS boost.
Chipz has a 70 one with a socket and a Magefist, it ticks for almost 2 million per second. Think that sword alone is why he's playing Crusader over DH.