Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They're going to be hotfixing something with caches it said on their notes for upcoming hotfixes, but not sure what that entails to, other than imperial gems(which probably won't drop anymore once they fix it, so if you have caches you probably want to open them soonish). It might also mean they generate loot based on which class got them instead of which class opens them, or it could just be an imperial gem fix. I think they mentionned gold too but not sure caches even drop gold anyway. Rest shouldn't be affected.

Golgotha_sl

shitlord
The cache supposedly drops loot based on your CURRENT difficulty level, meaning farm caches on Torment 1 (or whatever), then make a Torment 6 game to open them. Just easier (and way more fun) to do a bunch at once.
Nope, not the case. The items inside are basically "rolled" as soon as you get it. Switching difficulties doesnt change its content.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Na you can't, also doesn't seem to be able to trade guaranteed legendaries from bosses, friend got a leg potion on a char he doesn't plan on using so he tried to give it to me but wasn't shareable even though I killed the boss while he was sitting with his face in the ground. Cache stuff would be too easy to "sell" and shit if you could trade with anyone though, just farm enough that you can guaranteed a fair amount of legendaries then sell, join game and give everything, so makes sense you can't trade them with the current system.
You can trade guaranteed legs, you jus can't trade potions at all, period. Had a tanky potion drop from a chest and it was account bound with no ability to trade.
You can't shard them either.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can trade guaranteed legs, you jus can't trade potions at all, period. Had a tanky potion drop from a chest and it was account bound with no ability to trade.
You can't shard them either.
Ah I see. Was the LoH one anyway so pretty shitty.

Nope, not the case. The items inside are basically "rolled" as soon as you get it. Switching difficulties doesnt change its content.
Definitely not the case, the items are rolled upon opening. I farmed like 20caches on my DH and opened them on my crusader and it was full of flails, crusader shields and all of it were str items. Also normal caches dropping imperial gems if you open them in torment.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hadn't played D3 since a few weeks after initial launch. Picked up the xpac and got my wizard to 70 last night. Is there a link or write up to some generally accepted best practices for gemming your gear? I'm not sure what I should be using, is it %life to helm, crit damage to weapon and then resist all to everything else?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crit damage to weapon is the obvious choice.

I've been putting diamonds in legs/chest. I don't have a helm with a socket.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, you want emerald in weapon. Helm can depend on build and/or what you want out of it, if you have a couple of skills on cooldowns diamond in head is the way to go, amy if you want the life, ruby if you want the xp, and I've even seen some people still use a topaz for mf although I'm not sure how mf even works anymore. The rest you usually want your main stat, topaz in your case, for more dps, but since the expansion just launched people are pretty squishy, diamonds are usually the way to go, but once you get into the really high tier gems I wonder if amys would be better for tougness for you since wizards get so much innate resist all with their int.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
RA scales linear from my understanding so I think it would be better to keep high RA instead of stacking life. I've re-done my items to remove Life% and VIT in favor of other forms of toughness. LOH, Life after Kill and all that shit doesn't scale with your HP pool so if you have a lower HP pool where each tick of HP is tougher you can regenerate it faster and fight longer.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Opinions are changing quickly but the general consensus a few days ago was main stat was not worth it and resist all was king. That might change over time which is why I am not bothering socketing any Royal gems right now...

plus I am still using a legacy Tal Rasha's because I can't find a fucking chest upgrade.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why do people horde caches? I don't see any reason for it with the system they currently have yet.. people do for some reason.
Streamers do it to show off all the loot at once i guess? but your average joe.. why? lol
Popping them 1 by 1 is such a bore, I want to make it GD rain and see lasers all over the place.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Can someone test this out for me.? I'm at work but a coworker told me if you open a cache in t6 difficulty you can get a higher grade cut gem opposed to opening it in t1. So you can farm t1 bounties and open them in t6 difficulty to get the higher level gems. Can anyone confirm this? If this is true then it's definitely not intended. Sorry if this was already posted.
5 posts up, short answer. No.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Interesting, i always wondered why people were doing that. That's pretty silly that it was overlooked to begin with lol

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I love opening a bunch of caches at once. The most I've ever opened was 10 though... would hate to open a lot and then get kicked offline.