Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What is the fastest way to PL? I've never done it, but eventually I'll prob want to play something else. Just jump in an adventure mode with someone and have them do the highest level rift they can do efficiently?
That's how I was PLed. Just skirt the edges of a fight so you don't die. Was very quick going from level 60-70.

For a level 1-70, I've been told you just make a T6 game. Experience is so nuts, the very first zombie you kill nets you like 2 levels. It's super quick.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
What is the fastest way to PL? I've never done it, but eventually I'll prob want to play something else. Just jump in an adventure mode with someone and have them do the highest level rift they can do efficiently?
Safest and fastest way: make a T6 game with your level, get a WD buddy to go to town demolishing shit till level 70 is accomplished. Do it in adventure mode so you can get bounty XP and stuff, takes no time.

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
For Wizards with Tal set. I recommendWizard - Game Guide - Diablo IIIas a build. Has yet to let me down, I can lay damage in multiple spots, hits all the major damage types, and the added perk is that meteors use the AD stacks. I can solo T3 easy and I have no where near perfect gear. And just swapping one or two things would allow your survivability to go through the roof when needed without sacrificing to much DPS. The only low point is that it seems to lower your set drop rate through some hidden modifier. Fucking Blizzard.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
They really need to do a pass over on all the pre 1.4(I think?)legendary items, or add some new ones that can compete with the likes of magefist, cindercoat, etc., but for other elemental types. If you're a crusader, WD, Barb, or DH, you're pretty much forced into fire because of those items.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Naw, lightning barb > fire if you have tfury/shard of hate. I can't believe shard hasn't been nerfed yet though honestly. I just leveled my barb to 70 last night and using just leftover junk in my stash and some yellow crafting he solos T3 with ease. I don't even run any damage skills besides whirlwind, just spam it all day with stomp/shout/charge to fill fury if I ever get low and let shard of hate clear the map for me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The issue with cindercoat isn't the +fire, which is nice but to be honest not really unique and a bunch of other elements also get the same skill % from other slots, the issue is the ressource cost reduction which is a unique property only to fire and generally what makes the difference. That said, I don't think you're forced into fire as a crusader or WD because the fire stuff is simply not that great to make full use of the cindercoat.

WD explosive dogs has shit for aoe radius and a wonky hitbox/path(it spawns behind you and on the sides, so it's terrible to use in closed space or when you're surrounded by shit mobs) and that's really the only good fire spender, most bats rune are pretty shit compared to vampire bats or poison bats and locust is a one time cast, so it's kinda eh, whatever. Cold build or physical build(for pets) is a lot stronger for WD even with cindercoat.

As for Crusader, the only 2 fire spenders are blessed shield and hammer, and neither are particularily impressive, plus you lose a lot of damage from your cooldowns which are almost exclusively holy and physical(falling sword has a fire rune, the better rune, but it's one of the weaker cooldowns since it's 30secs with a 10secs ground dot for the same damage as condemn x2 and it also costs wrath to use). Blessed Shield Fire with the bouncing shield is pretty good though so I guess you could still build around that and make it work, but it's not massively ahead of running a holy shattered blessed shield or fires of heaven with the 3beam weapon.

For melees lightning builds with SoH also tend to be better until they fix SoH.

Still it's a big issue that the stat doesn't exist for other elements, or that some elements get fucked on element % mods. Excluding weapons since they tend to depend on class and shit, fire has 2 with cindercoat+magefist, frost has 1 with frostburn(one more if you're a wizard with the orb), lightning has 1 with thundergod vigor(but as a monk you can replace andarius with eye of the storm and get 10% more as well as a set bonus giving 15%), poison has one with poison waders and that's it. The only physical % is a 1H weapon, the only arcane bonus is a wizard weapon, holy has a shield but that's pretty much crusader only. Poison and physical are especially lacking, with frost, lightning and holy having several weapons each to compensate for the lack of armor slots(but since fire also has weapons, it's still ahead).

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
As for Crusader, the only 2 fire spenders are blessed shield and hammer, and neither are particularily impressive, plus you lose a lot of damage from your cooldowns which are almost exclusively holy and physical(falling sword has a fire rune, the better rune, but it's one of the weaker cooldowns since it's 30secs with a 10secs ground dot for the same damage as condemn x2 and it also costs wrath to use). Blessed Shield Fire with the bouncing shield is pretty good though so I guess you could still build around that and make it work, but it's not massively ahead of running a holy shattered blessed shield or fires of heaven with the 3beam weapon.
I have been running what you describe, mostly because of all the fire stuff that feel from the sky for me. The fire shield + Jekanborg (shield hits 6 targets) does decent enough for me. Along with +60ish% fire damage, +30% shield damage, and a Cindercoat it definitely feels meaty on T2/3. Condemn+vacuum to draw 'em in, pop law of valor/critical then phalanx and bombardment, finish up if anything is still standing with shields. Clears out stuff in a hurry. Spam shields if I manage to move fast enough to get to another blue/yellow pack before everything comes off CD, which usually isn't the case, or rely on the MAximus demon fire chains to kill stuff. Works real well for me, I just didn't feel the same oomph with the 3-beam weapon but I definitely have more +fire than +holy, and a Cindercoat that gives me plenty of shields before I run out of wrath, which is why I've stuck with +fire instead of +physical; the shields are always flying out in a constant stream of flaming Captain America death.

It mostly only works because of Maximus though; take away my bro and the Chains of Death and I go to slightly below mediocre.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the tips on captain america build, here's what is working for me right now:accordion - Community - Diablo III

Just trying to replace the asheara's with cain's for attack speed and craft a good helm of rule (huge pain in the ass). Loving the build so far, just fucking shredding T2.
Been enjoying this build a lot too. The shattered throw rune is everything I had hoped electrocute to be coming from chain lightning in D2. How it working for you as a 1H build? I'm trying out the build that stacks nephalem glory for movespeed. Anyone know how much damage exactly a 3 stack adds?

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Been enjoying this build a lot too. The shattered throw rune is everything I had hoped electrocute to be coming from chain lightning in D2. How it working for you as a 1H build? I'm trying out the build that stacks nephalem glory for movespeed. Anyone know how much damage exactly a 3 stack adds?
Just did T3 with nutron and wrecked shit, get like 8-9mil crits on champs and 4-6 on normal mobs.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Is the clan full and who to msg for an invite?

Decided to start up a HC character because SC was getting slightly boring. Is Crusader class recommended for HC?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
How about getting Thunderfury at lv68? FML.
Hell at least you got one. I've been farming t1 rifts for a TF drop and doing bounties hoping to get a magefist with blood shards for my fire monk build. One time I got a total of 5 legs in about 40 mins and not a single noticeable upgrade. Yeah Rngesus hates me.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
So I finally get ring of royal grandeur from the bounty bag after clearing act 1 so many times. On my wizard, it's...... a strength version. What the hell... it would have been a great ring too if I could have rerolled the LoH into crit chance, but instead had to roll the strength into int. Still glad to finally have gotten it, but ugh, gonna have to keep farming act 1 bounties to try to get another!

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Lol please.....

9 rifts, 2 legendaries. 1 is IK fucking 2 hander, the other scourge. I'm a witch doctor. Thanks.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In terms of what the buff adds, I ran a few crude tests to check it out. On level 1 nephalem, you do about 25%weapon damage per hit as a 100%proc(it shows a 2nd number popup and can crit individually). On level 2, you sometimes create a chain that does 25% weapon damage to 3-4targets or so. On level 3, you sometimes proc an explosion that does another 25% and stack with the other one, seems to be single target though. Proc rate seems to be about 50% on chain and 75% on explosion, but I don't know if it's proc coefficient based or what, I used Justice with the single target rune to test. It also provides 10% bonus movement speed obviously, so that alone is worth it imo, but the proc is nice free damage. I didn't test a lot of stuff, like wether or not it's affected by holy(annoying to test), wether it's a static value or actual weapon damage and so on.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is the clan full and who to msg for an invite?

Decided to start up a HC character because SC was getting slightly boring. Is Crusader class recommended for HC?
Depends on what you mean recommended? With a proper weapon it can be a lot of fun. 70 crusader now (running t2 pretty easily) for a couple weeks in hardcore and its definitely not the most efficient route until u get something like a BoP or build specific weapon. Just play what you think is fun is my recommendation for hardcore. The softies think they have the grind bad, but hardcore grinding is even worse. Have to find items that meet damage and toughness requirements or your game ends.Senaiel - Community - Diablo IIIis my profile. Been trying to roll a nice hollowed shield or a new aughilds helm with either a socket/crit/str/vit combo so i can get rid of AR on the helm. Want to add holy to my aughilds bracer as well and shoot for no vit on bracer. Other than that i need a BoP with str. Also have a HC guild if you would like to join at hoggfight#1915 since the rerolled guild is mostly softcore.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
The issue with cindercoat isn't the +fire, which is nice but to be honest not really unique and a bunch of other elements also get the same skill % from other slots, the issue is the ressource cost reduction which is a unique property only to fire and generally what makes the difference. That said, I don't think you're forced into fire as a crusader or WD because the fire stuff is simply not that great to make full use of the cindercoat.

WD explosive dogs has shit for aoe radius and a wonky hitbox/path(it spawns behind you and on the sides, so it's terrible to use in closed space or when you're surrounded by shit mobs) and that's really the only good fire spender, most bats rune are pretty shit compared to vampire bats or poison bats and locust is a one time cast, so it's kinda eh, whatever. Cold build or physical build(for pets) is a lot stronger for WD even with cindercoat.

For melees lightning builds with SoH also tend to be better until they fix SoH.

Still it's a big issue that the stat doesn't exist for other elements, or that some elements get fucked on element % mods. Excluding weapons since they tend to depend on class and shit, fire has 2 with cindercoat+magefist, frost has 1 with frostburn(one more if you're a wizard with the orb), lightning has 1 with thundergod vigor(but as a monk you can replace andarius with eye of the storm and get 10% more as well as a set bonus giving 15%), poison has one with poison waders and that's it. The only physical % is a 1H weapon, the only arcane bonus is a wizard weapon, holy has a shield but that's pretty much crusader only. Poison and physical are especially lacking, with frost, lightning and holy having several weapons each to compensate for the lack of armor slots(but since fire also has weapons, it's still ahead).
Well I just got my cindercoat so there will probably be a nerf that is retroactive now.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Here I am Nidhogg#1588 hit me up in game if you want to rift. I can clear T2 and T3 with no problem. Anything higher and my glass cannon life total gets slagged away too easily. FO isn't dead with Hexing Pants - i clear shit so fast its funny. Just need a 2 missile Mirrorball, game has thrown me 4 of them with 1 missile ;{

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I got the Ray of Frost piercing source tonight. The INT roll is on the low end but it did roll with crit, APOC, and 10% bonus ray of frost damage. I was surprised at how good ray of frost is. Is there a consensus on the best rune? Black ice seems very good for elite clearing and trash, but rift guardians aren't too bothered by it.

My gear
is all over the place right now. I got both the wand and source from the Chantado's set, and while I like the healing power of the shield, I felt very gimped not using my thunderfury.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I just cannot fucking find weapons. I've upgraded pretty much every other slot three times since getting the weapons I'm using now and I simply am not finding any of the ones I need. TF, SoH, Odyn, it's like they've been banished from my goddamn games. I've probably found 15 legendary swords this week, including four Azurewraths, but nothing usable. The rest ofmy gearis so much better than my motherfucking weapons.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Opposite problem here, I've sharded half a dozen Thunderfury now and can't find a Cindercoat to save my life.