Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Gonna put my tin foil hat on, but we also got a ton of legendaries to drop including set pieces on T5. The loot seems to be really improved in T5 compared to T1. The ease of doing higher torments where it actually warrants it came a lot from the synergy we ran combined with our gear and specs. We coordinated popping all of our abilities at 75% on any champions or bosses which usually melted even rift bosses in about 3-4 seconds on T5.

It is a slow progression upwards which takes A LOT more than just getting 1 or 2 legendaries. It takes a lot of time and gear specializing in a build or element combined with those special legendaries (and in our case a lot of debuffing / buffing) to make T5 farmable. Again farming = not stopping, clearing T6 = lol who gives a fuck.
I know even on our T4 runs yesterday we were all getting much more drops in general. I know I sure was!

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
My fresh level 70 wizard had around 265k DPS, even with sparkflint and force weapon. How in the shit did you have 800k? Hell, even most wizards that have been 70 for weeks don't have 800k sheet DPS. Either you're grossly exaggerating, or you're lucky as hell.
When I refer to sheet dps I thought that does not include buffs, so no, I said 800k with buffs.
Markl - Community - Diablo III
I got the weapon, which is pretty decent, awhile back farming on the dh, its a black weapon too so my dps would be even higher if it rolled damage in the ~10 attempts I tried. Other than that, a shitty legacy witching hour, a legacy amulet (but its not like its too hard to find ~600 main stat, crit, and cd amulet), and the rest are rares besides the pants that dropped shortly after I dinged 70. The rings are rerolled dex rings so not slightly optimal there either. Honestly, I was at ~670k buffed in lvl 66 rares immediately when I hit 70, and then did one set of normal caches(about an hour playtime) to upgrade to lvl 70 rares and 800k dps.

While I got my profile up there any dh's know of anything I can do besides pray to the rng gods that the correct set pieces drop for me? The only class set piece I've gotten in RoS is a natalya's helm and of course I can't drop the pride's fall so I basically have zero set pieces. Its why I'm interested in playing the wiz know knowing I have to get marauders shoulders + pants + boots for upgrades now and I've gotten zero marauder pieces in the ~40 hours I've put into the game since RoS.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Other than bragging that you're doing T6 there's absolutely no reason to bother with it. I used to solo T4 and T5 until I realized how utterly pointless it was. I still firmly believe that nothing can compete with the split T1 farming that I was talking about yesterday--and all you need to do that is the best dps gear you can find, because you don't need toughness in T1. I don't care how much gear someone has, they aren't killing as many elite packs and rift guardians on T6 as someone split-farming T1 is going to kill--even taking the 15% per level bonus into account. That doesn't help you with the shard side of the farming at all anyway.

Sure, they might fix that eventually, but I think it's also just as likely that they will tone down T5 and T6 like they did Inferno.
You didn't address Kirun's response about the group find buff being proximity related.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My fresh level 70 wizard had around 265k DPS, even with sparkflint and force weapon. How in the shit did you have 800k? Hell, even most wizards that have been 70 for weeks don't have 800k sheet DPS. Either you're grossly exaggerating, or you're lucky as hell.
If I spec my wizard for pure damage, like Unwavering Will instead of some defensive and ignore toughness for the most part, I have (or had) over 1M sheet DPS. I lost some of it when I switched out some gear for elemental % but who cares about sheet DPS.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
If I spec my wizard for pure damage, like Unwavering Will instead of some defensive and ignore toughness for the most part, I have (or had) over 1M sheet DPS. I lost some of it when I switched out some gear for elemental % but who cares about sheet DPS.
My feelings exactly... I'd rather maintain being under 1mil sheet DPS and keep my 6mil unbuffed toughness than be a million sheet DPS and be at/around 3mil toughness (seems to be the typical toughness for 1mil+ sheet people).

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah when I pushed DPS up over 1mil I went from like 5mil toughness to around 3mil. Basically 250k DPS cost me 2mil+ toughness. It just isn't worth it to me.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well, of course sheet DPS doesn't matter much. You can also inflate it by doing certain things. I just have a hard time believing that somebody is able to get 800k DPS, even buffed, immediately upon hitting 70. That takes some serious drop luck.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You didn't address Kirun's response about the group find buff being proximity related.
Someone else did; it simply doesn't matter, group buff or no. It's all about clearing elite packs and rift guardians as fast as possible and then moving on to the next one. And unlike the things people were talking about to just cheese their way to a pile of blood shards, this is still killing L70 mobs on T1 so that you can get class sets.

And Krassus, I got a ton of legendaries including set pieces yesterday too, doing nothing but T1 splits with 2-3 in the group. The usual RNG streakiness applies the same as everywhere else. I got 5 legendaries on one map at one point, then as we were wrapping it up for the night I went about 5 rifts with no legendaries at all. And that filthy whore Kadala has eaten about 3500 shards now and has only given me two terrible hand xbows.

P.S. If anyone tries the split T1 thing on their own be aware that you MUST open the large zone map (TAB) before you move on to the next area. You will miss legendaries that dropped from other people's kills if you forget, because the normal mini-map only shows a star in very close proximity.

Crone

So when you say splits... you basically go different directions in the Rift, to speed things up, and therefore, getting to the Rift Guardian faster?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tab map will show the star for legendaries, waypoint/act maps will not. You only get loot from other people when they open a chest or destroy an object, you will not get any from enemies killed far away or on another map since you have to be in the vicinity.

This is why t6 chest runs are efficient to run in a group because one person can click and bash for everyone who just teleport in, hit tab and teleport out.

Vorph

So when you say splits... you basically go different directions in the Rift, to speed things up, and therefore, getting to the Rift Guardian faster?
Yep. You just need each person to have enough dps to still 1-2 shot everything in spite of the hp boost from extra players in the game to make it efficient.

you will not get any from enemies killed far away or on another map since you have to be in the vicinity
It's only the rift boss that doesn't drop for people out of range. Legendary drops have been working fine from normal kills for us. I am certain of this because I see rares with death's breaths next to them all over the place if I actually walk the zone, and those are obviously elite kills and not clickables/destructables.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is an indicator on your portrait Mal which shows if you are elegible for loot. If you have the loot symbol on your portrait (you are physically in the same zone) = elegible for loot to drop from anything in zone. If you do not have the treasure chest that means you will only get destructable item or chest loot. I always tab anyway out of habit in case some white dropped something or a box being broken did.

We are going for xp, gold, and loot at T5 because were are running low. If I was only going for loot that split farming for act 1 sounds like it would be way faster for shards etc.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Just think of it this way: For every upgrade you get, your next upgrade is going to take exponentially longer. Each level of torment is going to take many times longer to gear up for than the last.

And over buffing rifts just makes bounties tedious and dumb and something you want to get over with as fast as possible. The system should reward you for playing the game at a reasonably challenging difficulty level for a reasonable stretch of time. Not resetting every 20s, not speed running normals to collect rift shards, etc.

A simple band-aid would be more rift shards on higher difficulties. Normalize where it is now to T1, then nerf lower difficulties / buff higher.

Beef

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm going on vacation this week, any way I can have it noted so I don't get the boot?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I had a wand of Woh in the bank for a long time, since when it dropped I didn't like explosive blast so didn't even try it. Seeing the recent posts, I took it out and adjusted my spec some to try it out. The dps is definitely insane using conflagrate and chain explosive, and the mirrorball I had to go with it is only a +1 version. Gonna start spending all my shards on sources to try to get a +2 mirrorball now.

Vorph

A simple band-aid would be more rift shards on higher difficulties. Normalize where it is now to T1, then nerf lower difficulties / buff higher.
Yeah, it's stupid that I get the same shards--often less because the range is 40-60--for doing T1 and T3 rifts. Same xp too, usually. Only the gold actually goes up consistently.

They also need to fix the retardation with bounties. Doing bounties on normal should never be a viable plan for anyone capable of doing them higher. Why some asshat thought it would be a good idea for all caches to be the same regardless of their source is beyond me.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah, it's stupid that I get the same shards--often less because the range is 40-60--for doing T1 and T3 rifts. Same xp too, usually. Only the gold actually goes up consistently.

They also need to fix the retardation with bounties. Doing bounties on normal should never be a viable plan for anyone capable of doing them higher. Why some asshat thought it would be a good idea for all caches to be the same regardless of their source is beyond me.
Yeah this is a gigantic flaw that i never understood how it got passed through. bounty bag rewards should be substantially higher for each difficulty you increase the game by, otherwise its entirely pointless.