Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

axeman_sl

shitlord
Getting to the point now where I can barely upgrade the rest of my gear unless I find virtually impossible shit like quadfecta royal ring or one of those amulets with an elemental immunity, which will never happen; and still I haven't found any good weapons since I switched to barb a few days into the expansion. This is getting beyond stupid, I have 1m DPS and 12.5m toughness but my weapons are barely T1-worthy.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Is running a WW barb without Shard of Hate worthwhile? found a TF and Fulminator on the crusader and thinking about making the switch. Trying to read up on this on bnet/reddit but its mostly useless.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
mmmm

rrr_img_64715.jpg

How?

axeman_sl

shitlord
Is running a WW barb without Shard of Hate worthwhile? found a TF and Fulminator on the crusader and thinking about making the switch. Trying to read up on this on bnet/reddit but its mostly useless.
It's totally fine. I mean, it's not like it stands and falls with the SoH, it's just an overpowered weapon that makes everything better. WW barb is worthwhile with basically any decent pair of weapons. My weapons are lousy and I'm farming T1 so fast it's literally difficult to control my character. SoH isn't a build-enabler, it just lets you go up a couple of torment levels without losing farmspeed. If you already have a TF, you're more than fine. I'm usingthese pathetic weapons.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
[/Spoiler]

How?
I don't know what method he used, but if you want to powerlevel someone, best way is to clear torment 6 bounties, and invite the low level just before finishing the bounty. A torment 6 "clear level 2 of XXXX dungeon" bounty gives 65 million experience (slightly less per level you are under max). When I powerlevel a friend, a t6 bounty clear instantly gives them like 10 levels per turnin at the very low end, and even level 69 -> 70 is a single quest turnin so it's fast all the way through.

Doing said powerleveling requires a character that can clear t6 bounties of course...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
[/Spoiler]

How?
Don't think there's anything too complex, create game on T6, have high vit gear+leoric+hellfire+cain set+ruby helm, have someone really well geared kill everything, preferably a pet WD build, the pets will aggro everything so you don't risk dying and they will one shot every mob that doesn't die to a single tick of locust swarm first. It should slow down quite a lot once you hit the 60+ levels but dropping the torment level to 3 or 4 can still guaranteed fast clear speed if the 70 is geared and the xp is still crazy. Probably take as long to do 61-70 than to do 1-60 though. I'd say one hour each, so 2hours total.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone want to do war machines? I have a few to spawn. Need gluttony and evil. Add bho#1618

Separately, if anyone watns to trade PL for low levels let me know. 70 wiz.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So does MF still affect followers? I have some nagelrings i'm not using i should probably pop on my follower for a slight boost? heh

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You get 20% of their MF rounded up, but only 10% of your total MF applies to your legendary drop rate.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The "no more upgrades for a while" phase is happening way too early. I purposefully dropped my monk because OWE made upgrade starvation even worse. But now I'm already there with my crusader. I had some mats saved up so I rolled some of the generic sets because outside of weapon, shield, and maybe helm(andy's), none of the orange items are particularly interesting to my build(feel free to point some out, I'll admit I might have missed some). Sure, I want an SoJ, but one that rolls perfectly means I will take a hit to CDR, which is crucial to crusaders.

So I'm stuck rerolling imperfect set pieces. The chest and legs? Only upgrades because I brute forced it with better gems. Belt slot is meh because the skill bonus is a generator, so it can roll non perfect. And I got lucky with the boots. I've rolled and rerolled 40 Born's, Aughild's, Crimson, and Cain's and I get 1 piece that's ideal? Ugh. That's hours upon hours of farming and that needs to change. Getting 6 piece Akkan is going to be fun! Bet my first piece is going to be shoulders that rolls str/life%/resource/wrong skill, and a secondary resist so I can't even reroll a main stat into resist all. Thanks again OWE! Not even playing a monk and it fucked over making my pants ideal.

I'm fine with that. Getting 4 perfect primaries should take time. But they need to add something that makes it feel like you made progress for a couple hours of farming. My guess is that paragon and blood shards is supposed to be that but that doesn't cut it. Paragon isn't powerful enough for even a heavy weekend of level to feel substantial. And Kadala is still so fickle with the RNG that tossing 500 shards her way(you know, the max you can have) is nowhere near a guarantee to get anything worthwhile. Didn't gambling in D2 have a 5% chance for set pieces and uniques, separately? 500 blood shards on 1H weapons should get me something. Probably a soul, but I can use that. Souls are bottlenecks for most players until you get into heavy gold costs for rerolling.

Damn it, I'm one of the gripers now
frown.png
I came home excited today to play my crusader. I was farming with mudcrush and started falling asleep because I realized just how much work it would take to get upgrades from TRADESKILL sets, thus it wasn't holding my attention anymore. And those sets aren't even going to change the game. Just better stats. Still tossing shields, still starved for wrath. Need a foote or 4/6 piece akkan to solve that.

Silence_sl

shitlord
The "no more upgrades for a while" phase is happening way too early...So I'm stuck rerolling imperfect set pieces.
I've been there for a week or better on my Wiz. I finally found the wand portion of Chantodo set, but I'm not sure if it'll make a decent addition for a "tank" set of armor for my Wiz. I just need 9,000,000 legs to bust down into souls to fix some of this "tank" gear.

I'm not even sure if I'll roll a serious alt, given how quickly the upgrade wall hits.

Right now, there's too much stick, not enough carrot. They've been really good at tuning D3 up as of late, which is pretty much the only thing that keeps me playing.

Back to the grind.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
The "no more upgrades for a while" phase is happening way too early. I purposefully dropped my monk because OWE made upgrade starvation even worse. But now I'm already there with my crusader. I had some mats saved up so I rolled some of the generic sets because outside of weapon, shield, and maybe helm(andy's), none of the orange items are particularly interesting to my build(feel free to point some out, I'll admit I might have missed some). Sure, I want an SoJ, but one that rolls perfectly means I will take a hit to CDR, which is crucial to crusaders.

So I'm stuck rerolling imperfect set pieces. The chest and legs? Only upgrades because I brute forced it with better gems. Belt slot is meh because the skill bonus is a generator, so it can roll non perfect. And I got lucky with the boots. I've rolled and rerolled 40 Born's, Aughild's, Crimson, and Cain's and I get 1 piece that's ideal? Ugh. That's hours upon hours of farming and that needs to change. Getting 6 piece Akkan is going to be fun! Bet my first piece is going to be shoulders that rolls str/life%/resource/wrong skill, and a secondary resist so I can't even reroll a main stat into resist all. Thanks again OWE! Not even playing a monk and it fucked over making my pants ideal.

I'm fine with that. Getting 4 perfect primaries should take time. But they need to add something that makes it feel like you made progress for a couple hours of farming. My guess is that paragon and blood shards is supposed to be that but that doesn't cut it. Paragon isn't powerful enough for even a heavy weekend of level to feel substantial. And Kadala is still so fickle with the RNG that tossing 500 shards her way(you know, the max you can have) is nowhere near a guarantee to get anything worthwhile. Didn't gambling in D2 have a 5% chance for set pieces and uniques, separately? 500 blood shards on 1H weapons should get me something. Probably a soul, but I can use that. Souls are bottlenecks for most players until you get into heavy gold costs for rerolling.

Damn it, I'm one of the gripers now
frown.png
I came home excited today to play my crusader. I was farming with mudcrush and started falling asleep because I realized just how much work it would take to get upgrades from TRADESKILL sets, thus it wasn't holding my attention anymore. And those sets aren't even going to change the game. Just better stats. Still tossing shields, still starved for wrath. Need a foote or 4/6 piece akkan to solve that.
Yeah I hit this wall with crusader, hence the WD.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you don't have the flail, imo you shouldn't run blessed shield as your only source of damage. Drop zealous glare and provoke and get actual cooldowns you can use instead, like judgement resolved, law of valor, condemn and heaven's fury(you have the 3beam flail, might as well use it). Then blow up trash with them. Pop everything on elites. I don't know that how I played mine, I don't feel blessed shield even with the shield is good enough with the terrible wrath generation of the class and slotting skills that only increase wrath generation but only in multitargets setup(which are where your damage is highest anyway) seems meh.

Item wise though, the crafted shit is best until you replace with akkan, with a few slots where you could use stuff that's different. Bracers Reaper's Wraps, belt there's a few better ones(100%dmg on chests, the blinding one for control, witching hour/hellcat for damage etc) then you'd change the crimson set piece to boots(I think that's the other part?) and replace cains, you could use aughild's set if/when you find that, replace rings obviously with bounty one and SoJ, helm with holy andariel and so on. There's a lot of shit to upgrade to be honest but yeah a lot of drops aren't gonna be upgrade even in your non perfect slots.

I guess main itemization issue is there's still too many trash legendaries and too many trash stats, so even with smart loot, most of the loot you get is still trash. Granted that's kinda the point of the game but it can be annoying. I think my main problem with the design is there's a few build changing legendaries and a lot of higher stats rares that you would never use(unless they roll the good stats then you replace your rare with a 5% gooder stats increase). I wish there were more legendaries changing skills, even though not all of them have to be super good. For example the DH quiver that lets you drop 2 sentries is pretty shit for everything but ubers due to the cooldown on sentries anyway, but it's something that's unique and if you wanted to make a sentry build you'd go for that.

I think they need more of these, shit that's not necessarily super good but does at least something for a specific build. Every "main" skill should have a legendary changing it. I look at the DH legendaries and there's nothing that affects Rapid Fire, Impale, Chakram, Multishot or Cluster Arrow(cindercoat but that's fire specific, not skill specific, just tends to be more efficient on high cost skills). This is most of the hatred spenders of the class, aka the main skills you're going to use. You don't even have to be a genius to figure out affixes for these, Rapid Fire piercing %, Impale piercing %/multiple projectiles/bouncing/cost removal, Chakram larger size/multiple chakrams/shuriken cloud effect on every rune, Multishot ressource managemeent/aoe, Cluster cosmetics cause the skill is already too good.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I guess I should whine some more. I got a rift with 10 treasure goblins, all standing around in the same spot. Got Puzzle Ring, Fire Walkers, and Genzaniku from them. All sidegrades or worse, but good for farming easy stuff for farming souls.

Pics of the Addams Family (puzzle ring critter, translucent champ from axe, skeletons from amulet):

rrr_img_64742.jpg

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm starting to feel the effects of a no trading game right now. We play pretty much every day, over 6 to 8 hours at nights, and have yet to find ONE piece of the new sets. We play mostly in torment III and can clear that shit very very fast in rifts or anything else. It's just streaks of shitty legendaries or perfectly rolled legs for specs/classes combo we'll never use but can't do anything with but salvage really.
In an ideal world farming wouldn't seem so tedious because the shit you find could be put to good use in to be traded, right now 99 percent of what you find will be salvaged since you are only after a few select items at this level of gear.
Farming hours upon hours to find shit i could trade would feel like i'm accomplishing SOMETHING at least, right now piling up souls just doesn't do the trick.
But then there's bots and shit, of course, so we can't have nice things etc.

Also There hardly is any incentive to play in higher torments for content outside of rifts (and even in rifts i'd agree it makes very little difference), i know on the paper the numbers are there, but in game the drops feel exactly the same. RNG can and will fuck you in torment I or III, and it is so much faster to clear in lesser torments that the appeal of higher difficulties isn't there unless you're crazy about paragon XP.
This about sums it up. I've gone from torment 70ish pre-RoS to 230 now and I'm really feeling the slowing down of the game. 3 days of playing without finding a worthy upgrade for my character, when there's still so many uniques that I would equip no matter the stats (I play a pet doctor atm - need starmetal kukri, any piece zunimassa, tasker and theo etc) yet nothing dropping except shitty 2-handers it's just boring. I've gambled thousands of gloves and gotten maybe 40-50 unique ones, all mage fist, andrews and gladiator gauntlets. It comes to a point where I wonder why they made the attractive items so buttfuckingly hard to get, even badly rolled ones.