Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Xevy

Log Wizard
Sometimes I really wish the official forums weren't 60% casual, 30% kiddies, and 10% poopsockers.

I need more poopsockers to workshop some l33t endgame shit, but everyone is too stupid/ignorant of game mechanics to contribute. Le sad.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Yeah DHs are in a very good spot. Granted it's mostly one build that relies on at least one specific legendary(cluster arrow fire build with a cindercoat) but the class can farm T1 fine with other builds and with other items, just it's the most efficient build by quite a lot due to fire being both the most common element affix and cindercoat fixing the main issue with cluster.
I am not using a fire build and my DH comfortably solos T3 rifts. I can take T4 without usually dying more than once but it starts to slow down.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I am not using a fire build and my DH comfortably solos T3 rifts. I can take T4 without usually dying more than once but it starts to slow down.
I meant on higher end but yeah there's more than one build that's viable, cluster is just objectively better than every other build. You can decide to not play cluster and that's fine but if you have the items it's always going to be worse. Poison chakram has poor projectile speed and size, impale has extremely small width, strafe doesn't do enough damage so it's only good for farming lower torment than what you'd farm with a standard build, FoK requires the belt and has fairly poor range, frost arrow doesn't do very good damage(but can be free so there's some stuff to work with), rapid fire doesn't do enough aoe unless using the grenade rune but then it has an annoying delay due to travel time and requires to stand still. Out of all the options I think only multishot is a pretty good alternative but it still doesn't compare. All these are viable, and maybe even some builder centric builds like buriza+the quiver with a hungering arrow build or buriza+bola quiver for a bola build but none of them is better than cluster, or as good.

Part of the issue is Cluster is more or less 28hatred with cindercoat, and a 990%dmg ability for 28hatred(counting one grenade hit per target, can hit more than that and in extremely rare cases less) is simply unbeatable regardless, on top of fire having 15%more damage than other elements(or 30% in the case of physical).

It's just not very well balanced. But point stands, DH is very viable currently, they move very quickly(can keep up with any other classes with tactical advantage regardless of gear differences), have good burst and good sustain, decent aoe and good utility(marked for death and wolf howl).

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So, question about magic find. A fellow at work stated that in a party, MF is combined for all party members then divided by the number of party members coupled with the 10% MF buff per member. Is that legit? I haven't found anything in blue notes to confirm it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Magic find doesn't exist anymore. Or at least, it means so little it might as well not exist.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
MF was always averaged between group members yeah, and only 10% affects legendaries. So having one guy wear MF gear isn't gonna help shit, you'd need everyone to sport a bunch of MF and even then unless you're using legacy items the value you get is fairly shitty.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh I'm sorry, are you a golden child too? When does the point of hand holding end, and the self sufficient point start? And about that Buriza, it was the best one possible. Was. I hadn't seen one better, and everyone in chat was drooling over it. Then we realized he wiped the dmg for the socket. If I were to do the same thing to a best in slot item, I'd hope that people ripped me a new one. Stupidity is not something we should hold their hand on. Expose it, correct it, then there's no problem. But if you just want to keep all the special players protected, maybe this isn't the clan for them or you. This is the age of the internet, the information is out there, go seek it.

The way in which Teck was complaining about loot is the problem. He wanted everyone to know, multiple times, that he hasn't gotten any new legendaries for over a week, not that he wasn't getting any, just that he wasn't getting the ones he wanted. He obviously didn't like the way I stated my response, just like the way I didn't like his comment about the loot he's not getting. Should I of saved my words, let him continue running his mouth, and came here to the forums to bitch? No, I don't need someone else to speak for me. If what I said to Teck was that obscene, then there should be other people booted for how they've responded to the same comments. In my opinion, some of the things Spindal has said are 10x worse than what I've said. But I don't find them wrong, I find them hilarious.
Professional help is out there, go seek it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
They individualized MF in patch 1.0.4, I don't see why they would add that shitty, shitty functionality back into the game. So it's entirely based on what you have now. Prior to that patch it was averaged between your group, which was probably one of the dumbest things they had at launch lol

Finding a Garwulf last night made T1 so much easier now that i'm rarely the actual target of anything. Plus having 2 extra pets doing 150% weapon damage for a total of 450% is actually really nice, so i can just sit back and cluster bitches to death.

--

Who is an officer i can bug tonight to get an invite? so i can join the RR Bros~

Tenks

They individualized MF in patch 1.0.4, I don't see why they would add that shitty, shitty functionality back into the game. So it's entirely based on what you have now. Prior to that patch it was averaged between your group, which was probably one of the dumbest things they had at launch lol

Finding a Garwulf last night made T1 so much easier now that i'm rarely the actual target of anything. Plus having 2 extra pets doing 150% weapon damage for a total of 450% is actually really nice, so i can just sit back and cluster bitches to death.

--

Who is an officer i can bug tonight to get an invite? so i can join the RR Bros~
I think anyone can invite. I'm not going to do it though.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you want an invite add me Falstaff#1295 and I will try to get to you when I log on if the clan is not full.

I haven't been on since Friday or Saturday so I may not even be in anymore...

Dis

Confirmed Male
So the RNG keeps being a cruel mistress to me. No Ring of Royal Granduer, and another TF dropped for my regular groupmate (it has nice rolls on it too). I was happy for him because his barb just recently got a SoH, so couple with the TF he was just facerolling T2 rifts, and I was pretty much just trying to keep up with him impersonating a treasure goblin. Also, my RL friend who got the TF shortly after dinging 70, yea he got his 2nd TF last night. I did however get a perfect NagelRing, and a perfect Leoric's Signet. Fucking rings dropping like crazy for me, I have sharded countless of them, all except the one ring I want. Meanwhile, I am approaching 300!

Tenks

Anyone know if the blokes from Call of the Ancients are affected by fire damage and such from items?
I'd assume as long as you have the appropriate rune in place. I know when I was farming Manglemaw T6 with my 100%+ Fire my Ancients were hitting for a pretty respectable amount. In the 1.2M range per crit.