Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Recal needs to run with my group tonight, you have the exact opposite of pieces I have for quake / IK's.
Yea I'm down. Recalcitrant#1959. My limiting factor is generally rift shards, since I abhor doing bounties until they patch to make higher difficulty more worthwhile. Today I've been running a buddy who switched from monk to wizard through t3's since he has a ton of shards after farming rings. I found my IK belt which was the last piece for a full set a couple days ago, so I'm done with that outside of minor upgrades. I had left the clan because I wasn't going to be playing as much- but immediately after doing so I found a pretty solid harrington's which sped up my clear time and made playing a bit more enjoyable for the moment.

I think the last 3 class set pieces I need are raekor's gloves (which I don't care about) and the MoE shoulders/pants. Got trolled with green shoulders/pants last night, ended up with another pair of invoker's shoulders and my third pair of raekor's pants.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Now that the initial desire worn off I think the clan has quite a bit of room if I am not mistaken. If you are playing you might as well rejoin.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'm not advocating this, but would it really be game breaking if you could exchange say 500 forgotten souls for any one targeted item you want? It may not even roll good stats. I fail to see how people would "run out of content" when you're dangling that carrot a mile away, but at least people would say ok, great, I got 5 crappy legendaries tonight I made progress on getting my next piece of gear.
I think it would be bad, yea. Personally I would dislike such a change.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Some people are fucking masochistic here it seems. How many hours do you guys feel is needed to gear up a character? I really don't feel like it is unreasonable to think with 100-200 hours of game time you should be decked out in an ARPG. Diablo 3 isn't deep enough for a years worth of play in it's current format.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Smart loot + Gold Auction House would have been the better way to go.

Or Smart loot + clan trading - Gold Auction House. Either way, smart loot was a step in the right direction; eliminating trading AND the gold auction house at the same time was a poor design decision in my opinion. RMAH I could care less about.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Some people are fucking masochistic here it seems. How many hours do you guys feel is needed to gear up a character? I really don't feel like it is unreasonable to think with 100-200 hours of game time you should be decked out in an ARPG. Diablo 3 isn't deep enough for a years worth of play in it's current format.
1000 hours, never saw a calamity.

Being able to kill the +harderer*6 monsters is very satisfying but also no calamity there.

Would trade 100 forgotten souls per guaranteed random legendary 1h crossbow. At least I'd only hafta bang out like 1000 or so souls.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is the Odyn Son bugged? I've used around 30 forgotten souls and it's well over 1m now to re-roll and I've yet to get a socket. Also, 8 rifts today, I found 1 2H leg, 2 follower legs and 1 plan....rng is no friend of mine (today, anyway).

penalty_sl

shitlord
Just as it was said a few posts ago, the people who are lucky with loot are usually the dickheads who don't want anything to change.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is the Odyn Son bugged? I've used around 30 forgotten souls and it's well over 1m now to re-roll and I've yet to get a socket. Also, 8 rifts today, I found 1 2H leg, 2 follower legs and 1 plan....rng is no friend of mine (today, anyway).
Potentially. I know some are spawning with only 3 primary affixes. Might want to double check that '?' to make sure the game thinks you can get a socket.

Meko

Yea, it shows that it can roll a socket but nothing so far. At this point, I almost want to salvage it out of spite.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've socketed an Odyn Son recently (3 days ago?) but it was only a level 68 item if that matters.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
If you hit the enchant button and just escape/escape/log out, then relog back in the gold price doesn't go up. Does not work in act5 for some reason, but it still works in the others. Blizzard doesn't seem to care since it's been widely known for weeks.

Or so I hear. Not that I would use it myself, of course. Especially not to enchant -elite damage on my chest which took like 30 rolls.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Is anyone else worried about dumping 300+ hours into a character before ladders get introduced? I'm not even sure if its worth playing until the ladder system launches at this point.

Back in d2 when a new ladder launched my non-ladder characters and gear were never used again. If thats going to be the case with d3 I'd rather play a different game till they release the ladder. I'm kind of upset this expansion was even launched without having ladders in place and a sense of competition, but thats a whole other can of worms.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is anyone else worried about dumping 300+ hours into a character before ladders get introduced? I'm not even sure if its worth playing until the ladder system launches at this point.

Back in d2 when a new ladder launched my non-ladder characters and gear were never used again. If thats going to be the case with d3 I'd rather play a different game till they release the ladder. I'm kind of upset this expansion was even launched without having ladders in place and a sense of competition, but thats a whole other can of worms.
Not worried but its a big part of why I dont care as much as everyone else. I know its going to be a graveyard just like other games so Im mainly figuring out what class I want to ladder with what build.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There should be some sort of official thresh hold of XXX amount of hours in RoS played to be able to whine about drops. Watching these "I'VE PLAYED LIKE 100 HOURS AND GOTTEN 3 SET PIECES" people piss me off.

A: You probably had shit gear and played in sub-torment 20+% of that. New sets don't drop in non-torment.
B: You probably moved up to T1 and played that for 60% of the time. Shit drop-rate.
C: You then made it to the land of T3+ in group play for the other 20% or less and started to see set items.

Doi.

I've got 200+ hours in RoS and I play in T3+ with a group of at least 2 other people, often one of the same class, and I've gotten all of my set items for monk except innas helm/pants and raiment of the storms pants. I've also gotten probably 4+ set pieces for other classes including crusader/DH/Barb/Wizard. All on my monk.

Bottom line:

Play with people that can boost your torment rate and your rate of farming. You'll see loot and when you get to the point where 95% is shit you can complain, but for me that 5% is the only thing that keeps me playing besides helping other people get gear. I've gotten 3 Odyn Son's and 0 with a main stat roll. But that's one of the sole reasons why I keep going.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord

The only draw to ladder for me in D2 was the economy reset and being able to build niche characters to farm certain things and trade my way up. This game has neither economy nor niche builds (blizzard sorc for meph, zealot on ubers, singer for baal finding) so I don't see myself being interested in ladder at all. If they just try to incentivize it with higher-powered gear/making tiered rifts ladder-only, I'll simply stop playing. Hundreds of hours on my barb in RoS so far, and there's no way I'd play another 500+ just in the hopes of getting EQ set in a ladder that'll just reset again anyway.

With patch 2.0.5 being so slow to be implemented, I'm not too worried about ladders being on the horizon even if they are in the first major content patch.

Tenks

I've rolled a socket onto my lvl70 Odyn