Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks. Yeah I was immediately going to ask you how all this works. Diamond skin, ice armor, etc.

Doesn't look like you are going for cooldown reduction to maximize archon. What is the theory on your build, what is the Ta'ls doing for you as it doesn't look like you are going for the meteors.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Thanks. Yeah I was immediately going to ask you how all this works. Diamond skin, ice armor, etc.

Doesn't look like you are going for cooldown reduction to maximize archon. What is the theory on your build, what is the Ta'ls doing for you as it doesn't look like you are going for the meteors.
I have the 4pc Tal bonus, so don't know what you mean by not going for meteors? The only meteor that will not proc (depending if I use Frost Nova or not) is ice.

I am at a little over 50% cdr. Not worth sacrificing stats to go higher in my opinion right now. But I have considered crafting Born's set just to see now that you no longer need the legendary mats.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
The meteors are pretty insignificant for higher level torments imo. Reason for wearing Tals is for the resistance and the elemental dmg bonuses which is easy to get with chest + helm/source/amulet + RoRG.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
The meteors are pretty insignificant for higher level torments imo. Reason for wearing Tals is for the resistance and the elemental dmg bonuses which is easy to get with chest + helm/source/amulet + RoRG.
The 2 AP/sec also helps quite a bit for channeling spells (AT/Disintegrate)

The meteors are also still powerful enough to kill basic trash even in t6 most of the time.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For Monks, what's the general consensus for best weapons? I have a Dex SoH, TF, Odyn Son, WKL, Fulminator... Just not sure what to use with SoH. My first thought is SoH + TF or WKL. Not sure though.
frown.png

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider

The meteors are also still powerful enough to kill basic trash even in t6 most of the time.
Thanks. So you are able to get away without using any ap builders and the ap spenders work because of the different ap on crit bonuses?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there still the mod to lower the cost of AT? I remember way back when a friend did the no builder with some item that had that and APOC.

Neki

Molten Core Raider

Yeah but I think it is not worth sacrificing the extra piece of gear slot needed to get the meteors. You need 3 pieces with RoRG to get the bonus. Assuming you have the chest (which is the best chest for wiz imo), you need two more slots. A well rolled source is a good second option. For the third option: Helm? That means you will be wearing Aughilds bracers which means giving up Strongarm bracers and the extra damage it gives with Blackhole. (this could be the choice if you don't use Blackhole but this spell is so good for CC and Event Horizon is amazing for T6). Choosing belt means giving up Harringtons/String of Ears/Witching hour. Last possible option is a well rolled amulet which is viable but would mean be giving up a element immune amulet (very useful for T6) or a moonlight ward if you are Arcane build.

The trade off is not worth it in my opinion (note: this only applies to T5/6. For lower torments, go nuts as you should be destroying everything even with a suboptimal build)

Lenwen

Silver Squire
For Monks, what's the general consensus for best weapons? I have a Dex SoH, TF, Odyn Son, WKL, Fulminator... Just not sure what to use with SoH. My first thought is SoH + TF or WKL. Not sure though.
frown.png
If you are a lightning build, use Odyn Son and the SoH. The proc on the OS scales with your elemental dmg and stats, so it can get pretty beefy.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Thanks. So you are able to get away without using any ap builders and the ap spenders work because of the different ap on crit bonuses?
Having a basic 3APoC with the AP regen of set (and Astral Presence if needed) with the resource reduction paragon can go quite far in terms of how long you can channel. Another reason I prefer AT over Disintegrate is due to the lowered AP cost

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Yeah but I think it is not worth sacrificing the extra piece of gear slot needed to get the meteors. You need 3 pieces with RoRG to get the bonus. Assuming you have the chest (which is the best chest for wiz imo), you need two more slots. A well rolled source is a good second option. For the third option: Helm? That means you will be wearing Aughilds bracers which means giving up Strongarm bracers and the extra damage it gives with Blackhole. (this could be the choice if you don't use Blackhole but this spell is so good for CC and Event Horizon is amazing for T6). Choosing belt means giving up Harringtons/String of Ears/Witching hour. Last possible option is a well rolled amulet which is viable but would mean be giving up a element immune amulet (very useful for T6) or a moonlight ward if you are Arcane build.

The trade off is not worth it in my opinion (note: this only applies to T5/6. For lower torments, go nuts as you should be destroying everything even with a suboptimal build)
Very valid point, may be worth getting rid of 4pc and going with either strongarm bracers or even arcane Andy helm.

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have the 4pc Tal bonus, so don't know what you mean by not going for meteors? The only meteor that will not proc (depending if I use Frost Nova or not) is ice.

I am at a little over 50% cdr. Not worth sacrificing stats to go higher in my opinion right now. But I have considered crafting Born's set just to see now that you no longer need the legendary mats.
Had the same problem with my wizard not getting my ice proc from 4 piece, but if you give your templar a cold based elemental damage weapon he can proc your ice meteor for you, im sure you know about this but just a heads up for other young wizards out there that your merc can proc tal bonuses.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Had the same problem with my wizard not getting my ice proc from 4 piece, but if you give your templar a cold based elemental damage weapon he can proc your ice meteor for you, im sure you know about this but just a heads up for other young wizards out there that your merc can proc tal bonuses.
I typically run with Frost Nova - Cold Snap as it adds incredible survivability, which will add the ice meteor proc.

Lenwen

Silver Squire

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
So I guess rend got a ninja buff? some nerds on the forums were talking about it.

Brobarian - Community - Diablo III

Gonna have to do some solo rifts to see just how effective it is (was doing rifts with a wizard friend). I have perma bros up for my fury gen and from the group play I was doing I was rarely out of fury

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
So I have had some RNG luck this week: two Rimehearts dropped for me and it took only around 800 shards to gamble some Frostburns. Stayed up to around 3am modifying the shatter/EP build (to account for not having any CDR to speak of) and it's pretty damn fun making T6 stuff dissappear.

For those who don't know what the build is, you use Frosties to turn 'chilled' mobs into 'frozen' mobs and Rimeheart has 10% chance to instagib frozen mobs. Spam exploding palm and any other dot with a decent proc coefficient /rinserepeat.