Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I think what stops D3 from being as fun as it could be is the still shitty loot. You basically aim for legendary/set and fuck the rest. IMO Yellow (and maybe to a lesser degree blue) gear still needs to be interesting / have cool effects with legendary/set being even more over the top. Would help people from saying "fuck it" after Kadala/game still refuses to drop anything useful.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Finally got Lut Socks last night to complete my leapquake !! Sure is a nice change of pace to leap like a madman, was a tired of being a ranged barb playing like a hunter behind my ancients.
I just finished my last piece the other day and decided on this Ice quake build:

Trevac - Community - Diablo III

Less damage than fire and instead of taking Ignore Pain + Cassius Belt went with Ancients + 50% damage reduction. Really helps with surviving on T5/T6 and I still get to use my Ancients still!

I can do T5 no prob solo (haven't run on T6 yet) still looking for a better IK Helm and maybe a better Sunkeeper.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I think what stops D3 from being as fun as it could be is the still shitty loot. You basically aim for legendary/set and fuck the rest. IMO Yellow (and maybe to a lesser degree blue) gear still needs to be interesting / have cool effects with legendary/set being even more over the top. Would help people from saying "fuck it" after Kadala/game still refuses to drop anything useful.
I've actually been playing it on the PS3 lately. It has the best of both worlds: smart loot but the old stat system. This means you can actually find upgrades at a reasonable pace, unlike actual classic D3, but you're not pigeonholed into that universal suit of set/legendary items that everyone wears like you are on live. I think the change to 4 primary and 2 secondary stats really fucked the game's itemization up because this, together with the ability to reroll a stat on an item, made it so that you always want (and easily get) the exact stats that you need on an item.

Loot 1.5 gives you items with the right main stat for your class and increased legendary drop rates, but it has the old stat system and most of the old legendaries/sets. Not that this is perfect, but I really find that the RoS loot system made the game boring because you're just farming for your class set and SOJ+RRoG plus whatever other pre-determined items are needed for your build. On live, you play for a week and then you're already at the point where the only progress comes in the form of better rolled versions of the items you already have.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure if removing the movement speed debuff on WW is going to fix the problem with that ability.

Shame they nerfed the recharge rate on dashing strike, was looking forward to under 2 second charges. Which, still might be possible, but not nearly as easily.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm curious how up to date they'll keep the console versions via patches etc after initial release.
I'd hope they'll update them as PC patches are released but i won't keep my hopes up there lol
frown.png

I probably shouldn't even bother buying it on the PS4, it'll be dead on release

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
new crusader set_sl said:
2 Piece Bonus - +500 Strength.
4 Piece Bonus - Increases Shield Bash Damage by 100%. Increases Sweep Attack Damage by 100%.
6 Piece Bonus - Every use of Shield Bash or Sweep Attack that hits an enemy grants 20% increased Attack Speed for 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.
Will you use these abilities now?!?! Please??

I mean, looks like a good set from an item power standpoint. But damn is that boring, annoying(3s buffs suck), and hamfisted.

axeman_sl

shitlord
It's never going to come close to challenging Akkhan's, a set that allows you permanent uptime of Akarat's Champion. Blizzard should have learned from the perma-WotB debacle that any build that can keep its overpowered, long-cooldown buff up perpetually is going to completely outshine any other build.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wrath problems aside, which golden flense and piro marella would help, the set effectively increases the dps of those abilities by 4x(yeah yeah, the attack speed part won't be exactly a 2x increase). That's in the realm of a permanent firestarter build.

That's ignoring the mechanics of the abilities themselves. Chances are that shield bash and sweep attack still suck, regardless of how fast or how much damage they put out.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Yeah, one of the issues is actually that neither of those skills have very good fire runes. Also, one is melee while the other is kind of clunky to use. Compared to the crusader spells and the shotgun capabilities of the holy shotgun build, it doesn't really compare. Overshadowing all this, however, is the fact that permanent Akarat's Champion is just so insanely good that the Akkhan's set will frankly need to be nerfed before anything else can realistically be designed to challenge it.

Argarth

On the verandah
Yeah, one of the issues is actually that neither of those skills have very good fire runes. Also, one is melee while the other is kind of clunky to use. Compared to the crusader spells and the shotgun capabilities of the holy shotgun build, it doesn't really compare. Overshadowing all this, however, is the fact thatpermanent Akarat's Champion is just so insanely goodthat the Akkhan's set will frankly need to be nerfed before anything else can realistically be designed to challenge it.
It's so insanely good, that a Crusader without it running feels decidedly average, and they've obviously balanced the Crusader's power in the toughest content around it.

Blizzard basically said "Welcome to level 70, the entirety of your time will now be spent reducing the cool down of ONE skill to zero. No need to thank us!"

Lazy, and frankly it's pretty much nuked my desire to continue grinding.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I need to Kadala a perfect FoTF to get my Akkarat to zero. 10% damage, high end roll, +str, 10% cooldown reduc. I'll socket it after the patch.

That's the dream kids.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
New Crusader set in action... This guy just needs a Fleece and it would be even more stupidly good! I was hesitant about its damage and viability, but it seems this build literally has the highest damage of any build across all characters. I foresee some major nerf crying if it goes live with this current iteration...