Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
doing a wizard now, even with junk gear from my bank that I turned from dex to int, im at 900k sheet dps and with goldwrap its silly wich isn't even rolled int.

im using the spec the wiz's with firebirds are, should I stray away from that till I get it? or is that the bread and butter spec with or without the set.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It would just be a shitty fire-stacked blizzard build with barely any cc unless u had the fb set. The old woh and cold builds might actually still be useful until u have the fb6 bonus. Once you have it t6 farming is trivial tho.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
I disagree that the gear quality is similar. Full akkhan is about the same jump in power as sunwuko is for monks. By speed, I mean crusader has the crucial ability to skip 80% of the trash. There's nothing in the monk's arsenal that allows them to do that. They can skip a bit by dashing past them, but you're still stuck fighting a decent amount of trash. Most of the trash my crusader kills is just accidental mobs that were hanging around the elites.

Go to the 10 minute mark here to see what I mean:

Blade of Propheccy 2.1 (RIFTS @ T6) - YouTube

What's the time for your monks T6 clears?
hmm with the sunwuuku monk between 5 and 7 minutes, depending on the density of the mob and the map. Also my gear on the seasonal char is far from being optimal. Lightning monk never timed, but i think it may go faster due to having the lightning gem (same of the video), which speed up clearing by quite a margin. That video yeah is impressive, but its also one of the map with high density mobs, and i dont know his gear quality, but i suppose its quite nice (i wouldnt call my gear nice, i was lucky to get certain pieces, but most are not even close to be optimal), but his dps on the boss is quite low.

And while what u say is true (about the ability to skip trash/speed etc), keep in mind tho once u doing greater rift past 30 well u can do t6 eyes closed really. to me it doesnt feel any different than doing t1 when i do t6 on chars that have reached higher greater rift tiers. My point was, i dont think monks are inherently way worse/slower than crusader. In fact lightning monk with jawbreaker/thousand storm set and correct leg gem, may be even faster for speed farming (basically dashing is always up).. dunno tho.

Tho i wouldnt mind try out that BoP combo, pity i never had one to drop while i was focuing on the crusader.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Someone critique my crusader build, I have no idea what I'm doing. I want to start farming torment 1, but don't think I'm quite there yet.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
doing a wizard now, even with junk gear from my bank that I turned from dex to int, im at 900k sheet dps and with goldwrap its silly wich isn't even rolled int.

im using the spec the wiz's with firebirds are, should I stray away from that till I get it? or is that the bread and butter spec with or without the set.
Yes, you really should. The optimal spec for 6 piece firebird is meh without it. I'd play around and spec based on the gear you have. If you have a mirrorball, use MM. The only thing is pre 2.1 most Wizards did the Archon thng, and it's somewhat ass now, even with Vyrs.

I personally found that Illusionist + Teleport + Mirror Image makes life easy, regardless of elemental spec or gear. If you have Unity, I'd start using it immediately as it makes life so much easier as a squishy Wizard.

Without 6 piece, I like Black Hole, Meteor, and Slow Time in that order. Black Hole really speeds up clears, especially solo. If grouping I tend to use Meteor more. Hydra is not that great in earlier Rifts, I've found. Nor is Blizzard. Just my experiences.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
In fairness, I timed my own monk's T6 clears versus my crusader's T4 clears(I expect once I get that damned Akkhan chest piece, I'll be able to do T6 in the same time). 7.5 minutes for my monk, 6.5 for my crusader. So, maybe the time difference wasn't as great as I thought. I still think elites almost exclusively is more exciting and probably better loot wise, so maybe it was just *perceived* as faster on my crusader.

Jawbreaker might equal swiftmount for quick bounties, and you could use it in T6 clears once you got a high enough gear level. Not sure about lightning or cold in higher grifts. Monks have other (major)problems that contributed to picking crusader. But, I'll admit I've never tried farming with jawbreaker.

Relative to his clear speed his single target might have been bad, but I don't think condemn's single target is as bad as people make it out to be. I have no idea why he switched to Furnace for the boss fight. BoP doubles the majority of his damage(condemn) while also providing many more miri and wreath procs(condemn has a very high proc chance). I doubt the elite damage affix on the Furnace made up for that. Also, fuck that boss. He might have been able to eat the slams, but all the repositioning required will kill anyone's dps.

Twilering

Trakanon Raider

Blizzard without firebirds is pretty bad imo. Try out arcane torrent. It is amazing versus elites. I like the lightning rune the best although the last arcane rune is pretty good too. The lightning stun passive proc also happens quite a bit with this skill which helps give you a few more seconds to channel arcane torrent to max damage.

At low gear levels it is a good idea to save amulets/bracers of all element types so that you can gear and skill switch depending on what items drop for you. For example, I got a really good lightning amulet to drop early on and a Grand Vizier(meteor lightning 2h legendary) and was able to to do T2 on Hardcore Seasonal with a lightning meteor build.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Blizzard without firebirds is pretty bad imo. Try out arcane torrent. It is amazing versus elites. I like the lightning rune the best although the last arcane rune is pretty good too. The lightning stun passive proc also happens quite a bit with this skill which helps give you a few more seconds to channel arcane torrent to max damage.

At low gear levels it is a good idea to save amulets/bracers of all element types so that you can gear and skill switch depending on what items drop for you. For example, I got a really good lightning amulet to drop early on and a Grand Vizier(meteor lightning 2h legendary) and was able to to do T2 on Hardcore Seasonal with a lightning meteor build.
I'm running a lighting build centered around arcane torrent. It's really strong damage for relatively meh gear.

Silhouette - Community - Diablo III

PS: Happy to hear any feedback on how I can make this more awesome. I can currently run t5 smoothly, for the most part (some mob types spike me really hard without time to react). GRift 24 is a brick wall for survivability for me though.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
If anyone needs PL for their HC/seasonal character feel free to message me here or in game (Mudcrush#1778). I can do it very fast, but you must be careful - no walking on my heels.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
In fairness, I timed my own monk's T6 clears versus my crusader's T4 clears(I expect once I get that damned Akkhan chest piece, I'll be able to do T6 in the same time). 7.5 minutes for my monk, 6.5 for my crusader. So, maybe the time difference wasn't as great as I thought. I still think elites almost exclusively is more exciting and probably better loot wise, so maybe it was just *perceived* as faster on my crusader.

Jawbreaker might equal swiftmount for quick bounties, and you could use it in T6 clears once you got a high enough gear level. Not sure about lightning or cold in higher grifts. Monks have other (major)problems that contributed to picking crusader. But, I'll admit I've never tried farming with jawbreaker.

Relative to his clear speed his single target might have been bad, but I don't think condemn's single target is as bad as people make it out to be. I have no idea why he switched to Furnace for the boss fight. BoP doubles the majority of his damage(condemn) while also providing many more miri and wreath procs(condemn has a very high proc chance). I doubt the elite damage affix on the Furnace made up for that. Also, fuck that boss. He might have been able to eat the slams, but all the repositioning required will kill anyone's dps.
You might want to look into using these for speed farming as well.
Warzechian Armguards - Game Guide - Diablo III

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Warzechian armguards are both amazing and must be pretty rare because I've only gotten one of them lvl 50 something while lvling a monk and I still use them on my dh when speed farming.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Anybody have a wizard fire build that doesnt revolve around having any firebird pieces? I ask this because i already have: cindercoat, magefist, fire andy helm and fire % bracers... but i have no idea what skills would be best in 2.1 lol (passives as well)
naw.

You think "The Vision on Rails" would allow something like multiple item setups being equal or optimal in different ways?

The exploding palm monk god I took forever piecing together got blown to smithereens when the "Vision on Rails" radar picked it up. RIP Chong Li.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I'm running a lighting build centered around arcane torrent. It's really strong damage for relatively meh gear.

Silhouette - Community - Diablo III

PS: Happy to hear any feedback on how I can make this more awesome. I can currently run t5 smoothly, for the most part (some mob types spike me really hard without time to react). GRift 24 is a brick wall for survivability for me though.
Do you think force weapon is better than mirror images? I just switched it out and it's pretty awesome when your illusions cast blackholes all over the place.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Do you think force weapon is better than mirror images? I just switched it out and it's pretty awesome when your illusions cast blackholes all over the place.
I totally didn't even think of that, i'm gonna have to add that to my repertoire. Black holes, black holes everywhere.
too bad they aren't like WD mimics and can toss an unlimited amount of hydras down~

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I rolled a seasonal crusader and I've managed not one but THREE Ramalamadingdongs in one play sitting (2 hours.) JFC!
Still getting carried through T6s till I can cobble together one of the "legit" specs for end game, either Lord Horsemander or what I'm hoping to try - Condem

Sendaar

Nom Nom Nom
Quickly losing interest in my Seasonal Crusader without anyone to group with. My old group isn't really playing. Could I get an invite to the clan? Sendaar#1126

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Honestly, I've never tried mirror images. Which rune would you use?
Just hit 70 with my wiz a couple days ago and only tried mirror last night so haven't experimented much. I ran the longer life one last night but was thinking today that as long as they get off the black hole the extra time isn't really needed so I'm gonna try some other runes out.