Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
How does twice the ponies solve the problems I mentioned? Unless the shield does something weird with how the ponies spawn.
I just recently got the shield and a pretty poorly rolled Furnace and put this build together. By default the Stampede goes in a 3x2 formation ("second cast" spawns a row behind the first) and the survivability alone from having elite packs hopping up and back helplessly instead of standing there beating your face in enough for me to keep building along this path over Condemn. There seem to be some weird behavior with Stampede if you turn while targeting and they can sometimes fan out. Granted this doesn't "solve the problems" you mentioned but squirrely packs are going to suck for a Crusader anyway, if you don't use another skill to lock them down ie. Judgment, Provoke, Shield Glare or are just blanketing the screen with AOE a la Fist Fissure / Tempest.

Condemn is definitely more fun, especially with rank 25+ smite and lightning wreath gems (Holy Hamster Ball), but with none of the +%dmg gems socketed yet Stampede is already leaps ahead for killing Rift Guardians, and the survivability from stun / knockback is a nice bonus. However, Waller absolutely shuts it down; you need a few feet on either side of your character for all 3 or 6 horses to spawn and walls block them.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
2pc bonus ensures daibos are always better. And a mediocre Flying Dragon is still the best. That buff has an incredible uptime and it essentially acts as a dps multiplier.
I'm using a heavily RNG'd version of SWK (missing the 3rd piece for ultimate pet spam and bis items for most slots) and even that took me from taking forever in T2 rifts to melting T6 down pretty easily and grift lvl 26. The flying dragon is a must. It makes the biggest difference over any other item in the build.

Tenzen - Community - Diablo III

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Khal Drogo was a horse lord no? Pretty bad ass dude.
Also killed by a simple infection! Also, worst casting choice in Game of Thrones.

I'm using a heavily RNG'd version of SWK (missing the 3rd piece for ultimate pet spam and bis items for most slots) and even that took me from taking forever in T2 rifts to melting T6 down pretty easily and grift lvl 26. The flying dragon is a must. It makes the biggest difference over any other item in the build.

Tenzen - Community - Diablo III
You're doing T6 without clones? lol, the boost in power from that alone is nuts.

Barellron, I can definitely understand why people run the pony build. I'm not sure how much I want to sacrifice a fun build to push for higher grifts. Running around zapping elite packs is way too fun.

Talinos_sl

shitlord
What are you guys having the most fun playing/farming on?

I decked out a SWK monk the first week of seasons and then rolled an m6 DH and full geared after about 10 hours of playtime.

Monk is significantly stronger with a better soj and shit, but honestly tired of the playstyle and haven't found a single unity so any high level grifting is off the table.

DH is alright, but the cooldown between turret drops is pretty annoying and seems sub optimal for quick rifting. Mobility isn't that amazing and having to avoid every projectile is getting old.

Crusader seems to be the next best thing and super effective at farming with whatever that horse build is. Not really looking forward to having to farm str gear seeing as I have so much dex shit between my characters, but I want a solid rifter with good mobility.

Thoughts?

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
having any class with the set you want gets ya to t6, but you need bis rolls on the set and all your other gear as well as upgraded gems to get into high grifts, so any class you`ll have to put in the time or gonna be stuck at t6 and grift 30ish probably. So just play what you like but any class will take time to get into high grifts if that is what you care about.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I just recently got the shield and a pretty poorly rolled Furnace and put this build together. By default the Stampede goes in a 3x2 formation ("second cast" spawns a row behind the first) and the survivability alone from having elite packs hopping up and back helplessly instead of standing there beating your face in enough for me to keep building along this path over Condemn. There seem to be some weird behavior with Stampede if you turn while targeting and they can sometimes fan out. Granted this doesn't "solve the problems" you mentioned but squirrely packs are going to suck for a Crusader anyway, if you don't use another skill to lock them down ie. Judgment, Provoke, Shield Glare or are just blanketing the screen with AOE a la Fist Fissure / Tempest.

Condemn is definitely more fun, especially with rank 25+ smite and lightning wreath gems (Holy Hamster Ball), but with none of the +%dmg gems socketed yet Stampede is already leaps ahead for killing Rift Guardians, and the survivability from stun / knockback is a nice bonus. However, Waller absolutely shuts it down; you need a few feet on either side of your character for all 3 or 6 horses to spawn and walls block them.
Another thing I noticed with Pony build is when you're casting and if a mob comes behind or from the side close to you they will get sucked up in the stampede. That's pretty cool.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
rolled an m6 DH and full geared after about 10 hours of playtime.

Thoughts?
Fuck you.

Yeah, go crusader. Horse is main reason I'm going condemn build over swk build, even though the playstyles are similar(targetless pbae spam). The only advantages the monk might have is better battlefield mobility when Epiphany is up and better healing.

khorum

Murder Apologist
What are you guys having the most fun playing/farming on?

I decked out a SWK monk the first week of seasons and then rolled an m6 DH and full geared after about 10 hours of playtime.

Monk is significantly stronger with a better soj and shit, but honestly tired of the playstyle and haven't found a single unity so any high level grifting is off the table.

DH is alright, but the cooldown between turret drops is pretty annoying and seems sub optimal for quick rifting. Mobility isn't that amazing and having to avoid every projectile is getting old.

Crusader seems to be the next best thing and super effective at farming with whatever that horse build is. Not really looking forward to having to farm str gear seeing as I have so much dex shit between my characters, but I want a solid rifter with good mobility.

Thoughts?
CDR is actually very important for m6 exactly for the downtime issue. You want at least 22.5% cdr which you can get via 10% in paras and 12.5% with a diamond but ideally you want to be closer to 35% for 3s sentries.

For higher grifts where custom engineering becomes pretty key to taking out rgs and high hp elites, you definitely want 35-40 and it's a fair argument to lose out on some dps to be able to get 5 sentries up fast.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got two mid level Maximus and a Winter's Flurry today. Still no gift, potion, unity, SoJ, furnace or sun keeper

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah gift drops are streaky. Theyre apparently on the same table as the leg potions so the drop rate is supposed to be similar. Problem is I've gotten eight leg potions since 2.1 and only two gifts. Folks are suggesting a higher drop rate overall in seasons but I think blue may have debunked that.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
gotten 1 gift and like 3 potions.
frown.png

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Yeah gift drops are streaky. Theyre apparently on the same table as the leg potions so the drop rate is supposed to be similar. Problem is I've gotten eight leg potions since 2.1 and only two gifts. Folks are suggesting a higher drop rate overall in seasons but I think blue may have debunked that.
Gotten 5 gifts and 3 potions.