Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you just want a bit more for normal play, helm gem, shoulders, belt (vigilance unique), and maybe gloves are some slots you can get CDR without losing too much dps. If you want maxed out CDR for tanking high end rifts in groups, you pretty much need it in every slot, even at the cost of prime dps stats.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Aogo is awesome. Lord of Bells achieve woooooooooooooooooooooooo. Yeah the cow level rift is that rare.

edit: moving on up

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Aogo is awesome. Lord of Bells achieve woooooooooooooooooooooooo. Yeah the cow level rift is that rare.

edit: moving on up
I had ZERO idea it was any sort of rare... I even did the event without even thinking of inviting others. Glad you hopped in!

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So what's the hot shit barb build nowadays? They're so fun compared to crusaders. Feel kinda gimp though, no problems staying alive in group t4/t5 but can't really solo kill higher than t2 efficiently.

Rustyballs - Community - Diablo III
Barbs are amazing at clearing packs. Hopefully you're not hardcore or else I'm sorry.

2H Raekors CDR build is top tier currently. Leoric helm, Vile Ward shoulders, Pride of Cassius belt, Strongarm Bracers, Furnace, RoRG, Unity. Your choice of Neck but probably one of the immunity necks, either fire or lightning.

Otherwise you could go Leapquake/IK build which is pretty specific gear as well, but doesn't hold a candle to the furious charge build.

Smite gem is a must for any build because of the lack of single target damage.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Barb: Hardcore (I don't mean do this in HC here) tank build with act 2 shield + helm of resonance got 3 of us through greater rift 40.

Farming to go higher with it.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Barb: Hardcore tank build with act 2 shield + helm of resonance got 3 of us through greater rift 40.

Farming to go higher with it.
I suppose if you really want to go tank/support you could. Just anytime you'd play solo you'd have to change builds. I'd never recommend it in softcore though.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm testing away at 1 DH using valley of death and 1 DH using grim reaper for clearing.

Seems to work together really well. As far as I can tell the aoe mark from valley of death isn't messing up the grim reaper damage dispersal/share and the shared damage passed out from grim is benefitted by valley %.

Original mob is taking 20% more from being marked grim target and then (APPEARS TO HAVE) the extra 15% for being in the area of the valley. Then I can see numbers flying all around when the grim marked target gets hit. Adding a stacked calamity shot (if I ever get one?) will be crazy. Community has confirmed the calamity will stack, including marks from other calamities in group. Just hard to be 100% sure with the numbers flying what in the hell is going on with the grim/valley so far in my testing. The improved greater clear speed is a strong indication this works to be hella boss.

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So what's the basic Demon Hunter M6 spec? I've got 5pc (with RoRG) and a Rucksack, but not much else for notable gear.
Sentry - spitfire, multishot - arsenal, cluster arrow - maelstrom, elemental arrow - frost arrow, companion, either vault or smokescreen (probably vault).

Mandatory passives are culling the weak and ballistics, the other two it depends on your gear and objectives. I think steady aim and custom engineering are pretty well accepted.

Gems are probably: Enforcer, Bane of Trapped, and Bane of the Powerful. Not 100% sure on BotP being the best, but I like it.

Go for cold over fire % on gear, but they are close.

Your sentries have breakpoints at the following attack speeds (taken from your character sheet).

Stack IAS to reach the breakpoints, if you can't reach the next breakpoint the excess is largely waste
If you have taskers and theo take that into consideration (add an additional 46% for a 46% rolled pair of taskers)

Going from breakpoint 6 to 7 is suppose to be a ~20% increase in damage I hear, I don't know about the rest. Getting 4.154 is pretty hard without sacrificing a lot, pretty sure it is unobtainable without well rolled Taskers, even with a hand crossbow. If you have taskers I'd shoot for 2.84 and an Etrayu (or craft bow until you get a good one). Without taskers, I think 2.16 is what you are shooting for...might be worth using a two hand crossbow if well rolled in that instance.

There is also a lightning build with helltrapper and meticulous bolts, but that is more for fishing high level grifts.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, you can only hit 2.16 w/o t&t and w/ a 2-hand bow, I suppose that makes 1.742 possible w/ a 2-hand xbow. This requires paragon into attack speed, attack speed on belt and gloves, and attack speed on 2/3 jewelry slots unless you have some attack speed bracers or helm(but there are so many better options you could use in the 6th armor slot until you get t&t, like nat's boots+ring, garwulf cloak, or leoric's crown).

For gems, people have been swapping from bane of the powerful to zei's because as you get into higher grifts botp loses potency as its not always up. I just recently swapped, but I find zei's to be at least on par w/ bane of the powerful and more powerful when set up correctly. I also like how upgrading the zei's gem makes it more powerful whereas botp you're only getting a 1s duration increase.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Sentry - spitfire, multishot - arsenal, cluster arrow - maelstrom, elemental arrow - frost arrow, companion, either vault or smokescreen (probably vault).

Mandatory passives are culling the weak and ballistics, the other two it depends on your gear and objectives. I think steady aim and custom engineering are pretty well accepted.

Gems are probably: Enforcer, Bane of Trapped, and Bane of the Powerful. Not 100% sure on BotP being the best, but I like it.

Go for cold over fire % on gear, but they are close.

Your sentries have breakpoints at the following attack speeds (taken from your character sheet).

Stack IAS to reach the breakpoints, if you can't reach the next breakpoint the excess is largely waste
If you have taskers and theo take that into consideration (add an additional 46% for a 46% rolled pair of taskers)

Going from breakpoint 6 to 7 is suppose to be a ~20% increase in damage I hear, I don't know about the rest. Getting 4.154 is pretty hard without sacrificing a lot, pretty sure it is unobtainable without well rolled Taskers, even with a hand crossbow. If you have taskers I'd shoot for 2.84 and an Etrayu (or craft bow until you get a good one). Without taskers, I think 2.16 is what you are shooting for...might be worth using a two hand crossbow if well rolled in that instance.

There is also a lightning build with helltrapper and meticulous bolts, but that is more for fishing high level grifts.
I recommend some version of Marked for Death instead of multishot when grouping. Maybe when not grouping. The haste gem can help with ias issues. I think Zei is better than bane of the powerful, at least for higher grifts.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
blew 400 shards rolling, two legendaries! realize after I was gambling boots when I meant to grab gloves.

Fuck.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah Bane of the powerful has lost out a bit since 2.1.1.

I've been using Toxin, Trapped and Enforcer but I've had some surprising success switching out Enforcer for Pain Enhancer.

There's some pretty good theorycrafting on the dot/pbae gems that put toxin and pain enhancer way out ahead at higher ranks:

The Legendary Gems are horribly imbalanced. - Diablo III General Discussion - Diablo III General Forums - Forums - Diablo Fans
I can't put my finger on it but it feels like the math in the OP is wrong.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I dunno if he updated the OP post 2.1.1 but Toxin is DEFINITELY vastly improved this patch.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
That math isturrible. Especially the parts about Lightning Wreath (which does not hit all targets around you all the time) and Bane of the Trapped (which is a flat multiplier to all of your damage and is probably one of the best gems overall). He has basically conflated weapon damage, percent damage, and percent weapon damage all in to one category, and ignored what can crit. This is the antithesis of theorycrafting.

Also, mentioning proc coefficients and then writing "15% attack speed is like a really bad version of 15% increased damage." is ridiculous. Monks, Demon Hunters, and Phalanx Crusaders come to mind immediately.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That link is horrible. Am I supposed to be impressed that pain enhancer and toxin add hundreds of weapon% when I'm already doing tens of thousands of weapon%?

Also, pretty sure toxin only changed this last patch for pet classes.

khorum, did you even read beyond the first post of that thread?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
He doesn't seem to understand how some gems only add to damage, while other gems multiply all damage.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah Toxin was only changed in 2.1.1, prior to that pets/turrets wouldn't apply the dot. I had been using it with my calamity build and on my WD so I had been waiting for that change.

Pain enhancer is definitely great on petdoc and even <gr33 on m6 too. Trapped and Toxin are my main m6 gems now while I play around with PE or Enforcer for the 3rd slot.

I only really use Zeis on wiz fb6 or on dartdoc for WD.

EDIT: my max solo is only gr38 so ymmv anyway but I've used toxin-trapped-PE in gr41 groups.