Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mur

Trakanon Raider
What I don't get is how tf is there not a holy type class before a necro lol.

The lead on the project is a necro fanatic, he even admitted that's why the Necro is here at launch, instead of as part of an expansion.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The WOTLK login screen during the original F&F alpha could also do the same thing until I reported it. It would run at like 900 FPS and melt your GPU lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The WOTLK login screen during the original F&F alpha could also do the same thing until I reported it. It would run at like 900 FPS and melt your GPU lol.
Did they send you a medal?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looking forward to Necromancer tomorrow. Don't think I ever tried druid in D2 and not interested in him in D4 either.

In other news.

d4puppies.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone know if you keep getting skill points from level 50-100 or do you only get paragon points?
You know how you get 2 extra skill points in the beta from renown? From what I read there's 10 of those total from all the zones. (Used to be 15, so it seems like they are still tinkering with that and it may change again.)

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I highly doubt you'll keep getting skill points because then you'd be able to just get everything on the entire tree.
There are a ton of points you can get. I believe you can have everything in the tree. Thats why in the tree forks on some skills you can only choose one passive and you can only have 6 abilities socketed at a time. The points on the Paraboard or w/e they want to call it are limited, though. So your "build" really will revolve around that and your gear.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
It would make sense to have enough skill points to get at least every skill and its primary upgrade, otherwise it'd be super fucking annoying to have to unspec the whole tree just to change something at the beginning.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can't even get remotely close to all the skills (unless you 1/5 them all, which would be dumb), let alone the passives. Like I said above, you get 10 extra points from renown. So 59 total when you include the ones from leveling. Sounds like a lot, but even just trying to imagine what an Ice Blades build would look like at 50 requires some really hard choices due to lack of points. Actually kind of makes you wish they'd stuck with +15 from renown. Should also make alts interesting since you'll start them all with 11 skill points to spend at level 2.

As for respecing early stuff, you can just take X points off the bottom of the tree, spend them on what you want up top, remove the top stuff you no longer need, then replace the points back at the bottom. It's a bit obnoxious, but better than redoing the whole tree.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Fits the dark Diablo theme purrfectly. Good job Blizzard
Ending Cinematic: Your hero just killed Lilith and lays down in bed for a well-deserved rest. The cute puppy he raised is now a powerful dire wolf thirsty for blood. As he closes his eyes, he is awoken by a sharp pain in his neck. Your hero opens his eyes to see blood spurting onto the wall while the dire wolf looms over him, bits of flesh falling from its teeth. The eyes of the dire wolf glow red as he hears the sinister laughter of diablo echo through his head as his life quickly leaves his body.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
What I don't get is how tf is there not a holy type class before a necro lol. You'd think since you're fighting the forces of darkness that a paladin or something would be a priority class. It also never even made sense to me that you could even play a necro in the first place since they're inherently evil. You should be killing them not playing as them. *shrug* I also hate the idea of pet classes. It legit feels like cheating and you're just having AI bots play the game for you.
Necros are not inherently evil in D2 Lore, they are more of a neutral force.

• 1EyeRoll

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Rathma is also a focal point of the early story, so it makes sense to have his followers be a playable class.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Rathma is also a focal point of the early story, so it makes sense to have his followers be a playable class.
I suppose but he also fights good just as much as he fights evil since his objective is to maintain balance so that basically makes him and therefore his followers an enemy just as much as Diablo and co.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Ending Cinematic: Your hero just killed Lilith and lays down in bed for a well-deserved rest. The cute puppy he raised is now a powerful dire wolf thirsty for blood. As he closes his eyes, he is awoken by a sharp pain in his neck. Your hero opens his eyes to see blood spurting onto the wall while the dire wolf looms over him, bits of flesh falling from its teeth. The eyes of the dire wolf glow red as he hears the sinister laughter of diablo echo through his head as his life quickly leaves his body.
Diabwulf - Six more games and a Movie.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users