Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Xevy

Log Wizard
Downloaded the 90gb beta! How the fuck is it 90GB. It's a "beta client" too so it's supposedly different than the full game and it's STILL 90GB? Jesus. Prays to the rurals with their 10 down 1 up.

Not sure if I queue up before the gym tomorrow or just not expect to play. I will be VERY impressed if they get people's queues sub 1 hour.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Downloaded the 90gb beta! How the fuck is it 90GB. It's a "beta client" too so it's supposedly different than the full game and it's STILL 90GB? Jesus. Prays to the rurals with their 10 down 1 up.

Not sure if I queue up before the gym tomorrow or just not expect to play. I will be VERY impressed if they get people's queues sub 1 hour.
Because you checked the high-res textures, that's why.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

You can toggle the high res textures on or off in the specifics. Cuts it in half if you turn it off.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Because you checked the high-res textures, that's why.
Wrong. Ronald Blizzard Jr. III checked high-res textures, I didn't do shit. I saw some one post a few days back about this and not giving a shit about it I figured they wouldn't be checked by default. Unfortunately common sense rues the day.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Why are you even downloading this game after you spent the past week talking about how shitty it was and how amazing PoE is? Comical.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Down to 40 min; going to get there and see " No servers are Available to fulfill this request" due to Joey the server admin leaving a login server on after running a test for tomorrow with no DB and game servers up, I bet. Fuck you Joey!!!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Why are you even downloading this game after you spent the past week talking about how shitty it was and how amazing PoE is? Comical.
I didn't talk about how shitty it was? It's crazy I can really like PoE and like other games too. Seems to be a super power round these parts.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Boo

queue was up yesterday too. I assume it'll toss a license error at the end again. But let us know.
They could be testing the new login servers they are adding to the cluster and forgetting to make them non-public. I expect tomorrow they are going to be SUPER slammed. Does anyone know off the top of their head where Blizzard hosts their infra?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I didn't talk about how shitty it was? It's crazy I can really like PoE and like other games too. Seems to be a super power round these parts.

Oh you're right, my fault. Altho you did start off with a rant about timegating and how this game would be dead within 2 weeks.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
1679618363374.png

The dream is dead.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Assuming its the same as wow? UHhh CA and TX, not sure where the east coast ones are.
I used to be a datacenter manager and wanted to see which company was doing their hosting; it seems like it was AT&T back in WoW heyday (which made sense as they were sitting on top of the biggest pipes and data was probably such a huge expense, and AT&T was looking to "branch out" ala Uncle Ed's Content to the Premise theory ) but since then they have moved at least in part to "the Cloud" in 2020 as Google/AWS/Azure and others' competing with VMware's Virtualization offerings have improved over the years.

They are getting ready for what may be one of their biggest days in a while tomorrow.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Altadena CA, and Chicago, IL. I think Chicago does all Central and East now.

I did a netstat -n with only the D4 log on open, and got 24.109.29.76 for the ip which is Chicago.

tracert sent me to Altadena 4.71.135.106, and then to Netherlands 137.221.68.33, to Los Angeles 137.221.68.79, to Netherlands 137.221.66.3, to Chicago 24.105.29.76. All owned by Blizz.

So log on server looks like Chicago. Interesting that they route to the Netherlands.

Of course I know as much about networks as I do growing potatoes on Mars. Less probably thanks to Matt Damon.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users