Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Well, I want some Blizzard bucks because its perfect for me and OMG wow is the Necro powerful. I just completed Neriak or whatever the prologue area is and while my first character barb died like 8 times to the boss, not a single Skeleton died in killing him in record time. I never drank a potion in the run. Account wide renown bonus and gold carried over from last weekend as well, so all my characters now start with 5 health potions. Even the petals and the stew the prologue villagers give you tasted great.

Argarth

On the verandah
That sounds like a you problem, I ran the game without issues last weekend.
Yep, was me. I've had a smallish pagefile set for the longest time on my OS boot drive, and no software/game prior to D4 has ever needed more.

FenrisDebug.txt in the D4 crash folder indicated I'd run out of virtual memory, so I created another massive pagefile on my main storage SSD, and it hasn't happened again. Weird.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Looks like Necromancer is completely busted lol. Dude on twitch killed Butcher at like lvl 2 and took no damage.

I am not sure what he was doing.
He gets bugged around pets. Happened to Asmon too.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Got some error code shit and apparently I have to exit the game to fix it :(

Oh can I please give my necro some tits?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wish it reserved your spot for a brief time when you exit the game (due to a crash, etc).

Having some crashing issues I didn't have last weekend.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Rubberbanding is new, didn't get a millisecond last weekend but in town getting a fair amount.

Druid is feeling great so far now that I've unlocked wolf pets. Poison, dmg reduction, exploding rock shields. Feels like a tanky bear and that's before we get the core stuff not available in beta. Going to finish this guy to 25 and try necro this weekend.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Looks like Necromancer is completely busted lol. Dude on twitch killed Butcher at like lvl 2 and took no damage.

I am not sure what he was doing.
The way the scaling works in the game, yeah. Not surprising.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like too many people who worked on WoW, moved to this and the only thing they know is MMOs, so they added those aspects in.

Not sure how that is going to work out in the long run, or if its just some thing they hoped will keep more people around in game longer.

Fun so far, stuttering aside. Probably worth the 70 bucks for me , as it looks like enough to do based on the map size and all the stuff to do in them. The real question will be what is the end game loop. Do they go the d2 route where you just run boss kills over and over chasing items, or d3 route with rifts/greater rifts and such and basically ignore the rest of the game(unless a bounty or season challenge).

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Rubberbanding is new, didn't get a millisecond last weekend but in town getting a fair amount.

Druid is feeling great so far now that I've unlocked wolf pets. Poison, dmg reduction, exploding rock shields. Feels like a tanky bear and that's before we get the core stuff not available in beta. Going to finish this guy to 25 and try necro this weekend.
There was sporadic rubberbanding last weekend for me. But servers definitely getting melted atm.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Necro feels great to play, I am sure someone will come tell me it blows later on, but as a first impression its right on point for me.

I'm liking it, seems decent, building for army.

---

Beta wise I like the lore they put in, but my only complaint would be

the..plodding..slow..way..most..characters......talk..in..this..game..........................................................combined..with..long..sweeping..camera..shots..........that..don't..load..all..assets..at..the..same..quality.......

For real the tone seems very well done, almost like D3 RoS. Pacing is SO much slower than Diablo 3 for killing so far.

The 1st town reveal was...a little odd? Almost out of place because it was almost comical in tone while everything else is dark and grim. Their facial expressions reminded me of...FFXIV. LoL