Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN
From their pov, obviously.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was scrolling through reddit and saw this linked. Shows how much I actually paid attention to the lore in Diablo 3 - Where I was actively reading about it and spooked by the lore from D1 and D2 (Granted I was a kid, but eh.) I had no idea that the world was this big. That a lot of the cities we've been too are in ruin. 90% of the worlds population is dead after the events of D3 and more. All this tech in video games and more often than not, the story, even if it has great bones, is just completely tacked on.
e6u35m9v0md51.jpg

Some random person said the southern parts are full of Shamanistic / witch doctor type shit.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Argarth

On the verandah
^^ Someone posted a leaked full D4 map earlier in this thread. It looked similar, and it appeared we might get to explore all of the coloured areas, at least.
No idea if it was real, but I've seen a couple others doing the rounds. Supposedly leaked from the NDA end-game closed beta build?

Last edited:

Daidraco

^^ Someone posted a leaked full D4 map earlier in this thread. It looked similar, and it appeared we might get to explore all of the coloured areas, at least.
No idea if it was real, but I've seen a couple others doing the rounds. Supposedly leaked from the NDA end-game closed beta build?
All the colored areas are in at launch as far as Im aware. Its the area below them, the mountain range to the left of the "Sea of Light" that people are theorizing could be the area that launches with the Witch Doctor class. All that based on Kehjistan having shamans / witch doctors NPC's towards the bottom of the zone with, supposedly, (I havent seen anything myself), a clear path into the southern unnamed zone that ports you back if you walk into it.

I never could get into the Witch Doctor class, but Im all for more content. I think we'll get stuff like the bottom two zones, possibly the Amazonian islands, and maybe the Xiansai for a Sorcerer update through season drops. But Westmarch's continent is probably tied to an expansion, Im betting. With how some classes dont make sense that we have them now, and the theme of other classes being geographically locked far away from where we are now - I have a feeling they wont be tied to zones. But who knows ~

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
All the colored areas are in at launch as far as Im aware. Its the area below them, the mountain range to the left of the "Sea of Light" that people are theorizing could be the area that launches with the Witch Doctor class. All that based on Kehjistan having shamans / witch doctors NPC's towards the bottom of the zone with, supposedly, (I havent seen anything myself), a clear path into the southern unnamed zone that ports you back if you walk into it.
That area contains Act 3 of Diablo 2 which is where all the Witch Doctor Fetishes were.

Pretty much the entire rest of the map is Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 zones.

Daidraco

That area contains Act 3 of Diablo 2 which is where all the Witch Doctor Fetishes were.

Pretty much the entire rest of the map is Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 zones.
Had no idea that was the same area. Wish it was more interesting so I wouldnt just click through it. Searched up this map, which makes a lot more sense why Paladins were in the conversation. I for whatever reason thought they would be from Westmarch area.
r1486088755956887.jpeg

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I still can't get over how retarded the name "Kehjistan" is. Did this name exist in D1-3? I don't recall ever encountering it.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Obviously not D1 cause you never leave the area, so D2.

Crazy. I guess it didn't register back then, and it's registering now because it reminds me of Kekistan, perhaps? That and in the past 10 years or so "istan" has become a bit of a meme suffix in general.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You go to Lut Gholein in D2, which is not in Kehjistan. You go to Caldeum in D3, which is in Kehjistan.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It has been so long since I played D2, I honestly don't remember. Which one where we kill unicorns and teddy bears?

Daidraco

It has been so long since I played D2, I honestly don't remember. Which one where we kill unicorns and teddy bears?
Diablo 3, Wimblyshire or w/e the fuck its called. At least thats the only iteration of it I remember.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
D2 had the Secret Cow Level.
D3 had Whimsyshire, which required the Staff of Herding to open. This was poking fun at the secret cow level and all the complaints about the bright colors in D3.
They later added Whimsydale to D3, which opened up by killing a particular goblin.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It appears they missed the memo from D2 and there won't be any areas of relief. See Act 1 to Act 2 from Diablo 2.

While D4 is a huge step in the right direction and retracking of the franchise-- it lacks the same beats that made the D2 map great.

As the devs have talked about huge drawing from D1, I would guess that's probably the reason things are going to remain dim in terms of the world environment.