Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mur

Trakanon Raider
What is your current build? I have a poison rend build going but it seems disjointed. I’m not making effective use of all the abilities and it throws me off trying to make it all fit into proper combos.

I like that the game isn’t as linear as previous Diablos. It feels like you are exploring a more fleshed out world. But the UI elements are a step back from D3. Why can’t I have my transparent full screen map that comes up when I hold tab? Why do I have to scroll around to see the entire skill tree? And why is everything so shiny?

This is what I have right now. I am just going with the flow, and working in items/affix's when I can. Def. have not put any effort into it, but T3 I honestly would have to work to die, but fights can be long, and waiting on cooldowns as expected can be a pain. I know for example I need to look at earth affixs, but I am too lazy atm.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sometime in july and who the fuck knows. Wait and see, I am sure there will be something for you to whine about.
When have I whined about the game or anyone playing it?

Am I not allowed to make fun of Blizzard?

Are your feelings getting hurt? God this board got soft.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
God this board got soft.
Yes, we got "soft". It's not that it's simply annoying as fuck having to scroll through 5000 posts from the same 4 people saying "lol game sucks blizz tranny lovers p2w lol zelda lost ark poe" to read the non-retarded.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, we got "soft". It's not that it's simply annoying as fuck having to scroll through 5000 posts from the same 4 people saying "lol game sucks blizz tranny lovers p2w lol zelda lost ark poe" to read the non-retarded.
Yes you have to scroll through posts faggot its a forum. Don't like it ignore them. Don't like Chris always talking about Zelda and Poe, ignore him. Don't like the 10 people who constantly mention POE, ignore them. Don't like the 90% of people making fun of trannys on this board, ignore them. I asked a simple question and yet you faggots still get butt hurt about your game. "we wuz jus havin fun" jesus christ.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Well i'm level 60 and the game exceeded expectations, which doesn't say much. I think the story was fine (sets up expansions). Combat is fine-ish, i'd like a bit bigger packs/density and it's hindered by my follow on gripes a little. End-ish game really exceeds what I expected as there are a lot of decent activities to fill the arpg grind loop.

It's probably my POE history but where they really drop the ball for me is builds and itemization, which are intertwined. They clearly white boarded builds around their white boarded skill trees and then itemized them with a goal of like 8-10 builds per class. The natural end state is you end up with something like two, maybe three real builds per class and a pretty uninspired system. Would have liked to have seen an attempt at creativity and innovation with this.

And it goes without saying the paragon system is just silly. Sure it powers you up big time, but uhhh, it looks at feels like they probably have a combined 20-30 hours worth of work into that thing. Pretty clowny.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yes you have to scroll through posts faggot its a forum. Don't like it ignore them. Don't like Chris always talking about Zelda and Poe, ignore him. Don't like the 10 people who constantly mention POE, ignore them. Don't like the 90% of people making fun of trannys on this board, ignore them. I asked a simple question and yet you faggots still get butt hurt about your game. "we wuz jus havin fun" jesus christ.
You sound like the one who's butthurt, just like you sound massively butthurt any time someone says PoE isn't a perfect game with zero flaws. Calls people soft but wants them to ignore everyone instead of calling them faggots. Ok then.

• 1Salty
  • 1GreNeg
  • 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There's no point in arguing with him. He just makes ridiculous accusations about... nothing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
And it goes without saying the paragon system is just silly. Sure it powers you up big time, but uhhh, it looks at feels like they probably have a combined 20-30 hours worth of work into that thing. Pretty clowny.
I'm only 55 about to hit 56 so still don't have a lot of paragon points. Do you start to get lots of customization options after the first page or not really? If you can get a lot of the glyph spots where you can put your own runes in then you might be able to do some cool stuff with it, although I guess it's also going to come down to how hard things scale towards the higher levels and whether or not you can actually get creative with equipment and still be viable or if you absolutely have to use the designed "sets" (even if its not green sets ala D3) to actually do anything.

So far, after hitting WT3 and getting my first sacred weapon (was like 1400dps vs 900) and getting some paragon points i've been rolling stuff pretty hard. Bosses aren't a slog any more for the most part, my damage is getting pretty beefy especially now with some paragon points that boost it while using my own build that is probably far from optimized in any sort of way, so hopefully it stays that way through 100.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Still trying to find when I whined about the game or mentioned POE in the last month?
Nah this game will suck. However I've been relatively silent because

A) I'm playing WOW right now. Stones, glass houses etc...

B) if the game turns out to be good at the top end I'm going to eat my words and play it.
That's May 28th, pretty sure that's more recent than a month ago. Then you got a handful of "making fun of blizzard" posts in the D4 thread because you want to fit in with the 'cool kids'. Then you call us soft while crying about us calling you names for shitposting in the d4 thread.

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Real talk:

Buy it now, but it a month, but it in 6-9 months when they added "good" seasonal content if they actually do. It doesn't really matter. It's going to be full price for 5 years because it's Blizzard. If you want a grindy ARPG and have a lot of time to kill/no other games to play, probably worth. If you're looking for the next-gen S tier ARPG, this is not it. But it's more than adequate.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
If you're looking for the next-gen S tier ARPG, this is not it. But it's more than adequate.

I'm not hopeful that an S-tier ARPG will exist any time soon. IMO this is solid B+/A-, high end of than that if you're a sucker for the genre.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's May 28th, pretty sure that's more recent than a month ago. Then you got a handful of "making fun of blizzard" posts in the D4 thread because you want to fit in with the 'cool kids'. Then you call us soft while crying about us calling you names for shitposting in the d4 thread.
Man you really got me on that quote. Total fucking whine fest of me admiting I'd probably end up buying the game (which I still probably am thus why I asked about Season 1. I was always waiting for season 1)

Also everyone, in every Blizzard game thread, makes fun of Blizzard. People that don't play WOW come to the WOW thread, and nobody cares. People go to the Overwatch thread that don't play overwatch, again, nobody cares. But for some reason people get super defensive about fucking diablo like its off limits for some reason.

Yes Chris is a troll, but you feed him and its hilarious. Most people know better, but here you are, taking his bait every fucking time like a little clown fish.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Oh yes, Chris is trolling me so good those couple times I make a sarcastic zelda reply post. Just like you're proving that everyone but you is 'soft' now as you cry about how you're not one of the ones popping into this thread constantly to add nothing of value when someone calls you a crybaby and then tell people we should ignore everyone who's just in here to post 3 times a day about how they're not going to play the game but know for sure it's not fun.

I don't read the WoW thread or Overwatch because I don't play those games, is it 5-50 posts a day in that thread by the same little group of people saying the same thing over and over and over?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Real talk:

Buy it now, but it a month, but it in 6-9 months when they added "good" seasonal content if they actually do. It doesn't really matter. It's going to be full price for 5 years because it's Blizzard. If you want a grindy ARPG and have a lot of time to kill/no other games to play, probably worth. If you're looking for the next-gen S tier ARPG, this is not it. But it's more than adequate.

WHere's my sci-fi ARPG. No more fantasy.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity