Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Play more eventually legendaries drop like rain.. they have no value. Legendaries aren't legendaries they are nothing more than affix resepticals.

In fact I think people would understand itemization better if legendaries didn't drop at all, they should just he affix drops to be combined with rares with correct stats. I think many new players still haven't picked up on this.

This isn't d2 or d3. The itemization is far different and less complex than you might think at first glance.
I wish you could just extract them all into an easy to read/sort UI, and you just have to do it once. And its available forever.

Like I said, more like the cube in d3. Extract once, its there if you ever need it and it gives the max value.

It's dumb to have to keep a bunch of legendaries taking up stash and aspect space, just for other builds or in case you need them for gear upgrades.

Let us sacrifice a item for each power once and use it as much as we want. For its max value, can leave the codex for shit you cant find. You can reset this aspect library every season, just like the cube.

People will still loot them for salvage parts but I don't need to keep say 3 shcokwave items in my stash for weapon upgrades. Because the aspect inventory is filled so fast.

If they wont do that, make a better UI/sort/search for the aspects you do extract and dont put a stupid limit on the inventory. Or make them stackable. Something. And then 5 tabs, so you can at least have one for each class.

Edit: That video ...a 100 with another 86. And I am over here at 72 trudging a long :p

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I mean, sure, if you ignore all the people who have put 50-100+ hours into it saying the builds are boring, the combat sucks, the story is the worst they've ever seen, the itemization is uninspired, and the game has no distinguishable areas.

Has anyone said that other than the people who have been saying that since before the KFC closed beta but bought the game and put 100+ hours into it in a week anyways?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
This kind of proves my point. I typical ADULT interaction on this forum would be something like this.

1: I'm not really liking the game because of this.
2: Oh, that sucks, I'm having a blast.
1: Cool, have fun, it's just not for me.

How anything goes with Diablo 4.

1: Lol you guys love sucking daddy kotick cock and paying him and his tranny staff to do it, this game is trash i'll never play it (but buys it and plays 100 hours anyways and is in this thread 80 times a day)
2: You are an idiot.
1: you're just white knighting this game!!!1!
FTFY, don't try and make shit up or act like this isn't the truth, I don't want to spend an hour digging up a big multi quote to prove it, we all know this is the real way it has been going.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You don't feel like something is wrong with their movement? Mainly any kind of turning, slowing down, stopping etc. It feels disjointed. Not smooth at all.

Then you have things like you have to demount to press space up a vertical spot, or across a larger one(that the horse cant leap across) and it puts your horse on CD. Why?

I will even say the 30 second CD if you take too much damage while riding is a bit much. Even daze from wow was better, at least I could remount instantly.

It just feels off, from a company that did so well with WoW ground mounts.
Actually I feel the opposite. In WoW, riding a mount never felt like a mount. It's just your character with a movespeed buff.

I think the mounts are well done in this game in that they are not simply just +50% movespeed, they're an actual creature, with features.

The mounts play very well in the PvP zone, there's measurable skill in riding people down.

Though honestly it would have made more sense for WoW to try fixing mounts first...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually I feel the opposite. In WoW, riding a mount never felt like a mount. It's just your character with a movespeed buff.

I think the mounts are well done in this game in that they are not simply just +50% movespeed, they're an actual creature, with features.

The mounts play very well in the PvP zone, there's measurable skill in riding people down.

Though honestly it would have made more sense for WoW to try fixing mounts first...

To each their own. I much prefer WoW's way. I don't need a horse riding simulator. I just want to mount, run faster then I can on foot and get to where I need to go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Does the game even have anything that isn't cultists, fallen and goatmen? The worst thing is that Diablo 3 Act 3 is full of cat people and that area is in this game... where are the cat people?
Dead, motherfucker, did you even play D3? They got slaughtered into extinction by the players.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
S1 entirely depends on whether or not renown will carryover. If not I'll likely never play d4 again
100% agreed. I'll add the caveat that I won't touch it until they add a way for renown to carryover. I still feel like people are freaking out over nothing though. Just because they didn't specifically say it would, people are automatically assuming the worst. They didn't say it wouldn't carryover either, but FUCK THAT! ASSUME THE WORST, GAME IS TRAAAASH!
Interesting. I thought most of the people complaining about renown were people not used to a "real" grind. Note the quotes, what is too much of a grind is completely subjective and you're allowed to say whatever you want is too grindy.

But this is the first I've seen someone who is used to grinding a headhunter in multiple leagues make the same complaint in D4. Perhaps it's not the renown itself but that inherent carrot on stick(or lack thereof) is poorly designed.
Or perhaps it'd just be pointless, useless fucking busy work that's only necessary once? Similar to the fact that GGG still thinks it's totally cool to force you to waste 6-10 hours every single fucking league, repeating Act 1-10 over and over again. Such gameplay, much wow!
So you're argument is that Blizzard is adapting, recognizing... and comprehending how to make good games.

Got it. Carry on.
Great reading comprehension.

My point is that Blizzard isn't the same company it was 25 years ago and expecting that they would be is fucking retarded in the same way that Apple, Microsoft, or basically any company in the fucking world isn't the same as it was 25 years ago. And expecting the same level of competence or a game to constantly change/evolve "for the better" in a marketplace and world that has massively changed/is changing is shortsighted as hell.

About the ONLY developer I can name in the past 2 decades whose games just continue to get better and haven't declined in quality are FromSoftware.
HELL YEAH BOIS!! FUCK LIKE A DEMON!!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
100% agreed. I'll add the caveat that I won't touch it until they add a way for renown to carryover. I still feel like people are freaking out over nothing though. Just because they didn't specifically say it would, people are automatically assuming the worst. They didn't say it wouldn't carryover either, but FUCK THAT! ASSUME THE WORST GAME IS TRAAAASH!

Or perhaps it'd just be pointless, useless fucking busy work that's only necessary once? Similar to the fact that GGG still thinks it's totally cool to force you to waste 6-10 hours every single fucking league, repeating Act 1-10 over and over again. Such gameplay, much wow!

Great reading comprehension.

My point is that Blizzard isn't the same company it was 25 years ago and expecting that they would be is fucking retarded in the same way that Apple, Microsoft, or basically any company in the fucking world isn't the same as it was 25 years ago. And expecting the same level of competence or a game to constantly change/evolve "for the better" in a marketplace and world that has massively changed/is changing is shortsighted as hell.

About the ONLY developer I can name in the past 2 decades whose games just continue to get better and haven't declined in quality are FromSoftware.

HELL YEAH BOIS!! FUCK LIKE A DEMON!!

Listen, I realize this forum is built on people doubling down and throwing shit at each other but I know you are smart enough to recognize sarcasm and the irony of you calling people in this thread too stupid to adapt, recognize and comprehend how "corporations change" while defending a company that has failed to actually do that in any meaningful way.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It says on the renown stuff that it is for all characters on the realm. It says nothing about an account. Not 100% sure what the lilith statues say but I think it's safe to assume renown won't be carrying to seasons unless they decide to make it to stop the crybabies. That said, I still don't understand why you're all so obsessed with needing 100% renown completion before you even think about doing anything in the game, tho, and then crying about how it makes you not want to play. It's not mandatory, shit I haven't even gotten all the skill points from it yet and i'm level 63 now.

• 1Moron

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
100% agreed. I'll add the caveat that I won't touch it until they add a way for renown to carryover. I still feel like people are freaking out over nothing though. Just because they didn't specifically say it would, people are automatically assuming the worst. They didn't say it wouldn't carryover either, but FUCK THAT! ASSUME THE WORST, GAME IS TRAAAASH!
It specifically says "characters on this realm."

A season would be a different realm, this is the Eternal Realm.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Listen, I realize this forum is built on people doubling down and throwing shit at each other but I know you are smart enough to recognize sarcasm and the irony of you calling people in this thread too stupid to adapt, recognize and comprehend how "corporations change" while defending a company that has failed to actually do that in any meaningful way.
Yes, I'd realize the irony if I were actually defending Blizzard. I'm not. I realize context is hard to convey in text format but I'm attempting to explain why the argument of "they should know better!" doesn't make a lot of sense 25 years later. Even if we're only going back to D3, Blizzard is almost unrecognizable, let alone 20+ for D2 and D1. So in a sense, D4 sort of is their "first foray" into ARPGs. At least for a lot of the retards who work there now.
It specifically says "characters on this realm."

A season would be a different realm, this is the Eternal Realm.
Where have they said that seasons will be classified as a different "realm"? Or are we still just speculating?

Look, I'm not saying you guys aren't going to be right and Blizzard isn't going to colossally fuck up S1 and that I'll relish in the salt farming it'll allow me to do on Twitch, forums, reddit, etc. I hope they don't, because I think GGG needs competition in the space to make both games better. But all of this is pure presumption until Blizzard definitely states it'll work X way on S1 release.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It does sound like atm, it wont. They only thing I can find where they(Actual blizzard people) mention is stuff carrying over "between seasons", nothing about from eternal to seasons.

The only thing that carried over in d3, was doing adventure mode(Skipping campaign). Everything else reset(your cube powers gathered, your bloodstone cap, etc). Granted there wasn't as many chores in that game and it was a lot faster paced(could be max level, in your set with enough powers, depending on rng, to really get going) in 1 or 2 days for a casual(hardcore would usually be done and geared in just a 2-4 hours). All you were doing after was finding the missing pieces to make it better, getting better stats/rolls, finish season journey for stash/cosmetics, leveling gems and slowly grinding paragon for + stats.

So the question will be, do you go in the first season, get it done just to have it ready for every season after, or wait for a season that looks fun and do it all then.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The worst is the CD so when you have to dismount and climb a fucking ledge or whatever, then youre standing there with dick in hand for whatever time the CD is 20-30 sec? Until you can summon again. Oh and there is the stupid skellie ramparts that block the fucking road all the time.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The worst is the CD so when you have to dismount and climb a fucking ledge or whatever, then youre standing there with dick in hand for whatever time the CD is 20-30 sec? Until you can summon again. Oh and there is the stupid skellie ramparts that block the fucking road all the time.
Yeah but what if people could just use the horse whenever they want? It would be chaos.

• 2Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
Skipped through a lot of Mathil's review, but a couple of things stood out.

I've already stopped "looking" for Altars of Lilith. For example, recently standing right next to one after a fight, and only saw it when it highlighted after I turned to move. Now I'm just resigned to ticking them off one day with a map, as he discussed. So what if I leave a few parts of the map undiscovered until a later time?
I'll eventually get around to every nook and cranny, but now it's just a pointless chore that needs to be completed "soonish" so I can forget about it forever. Really dumb idea.
Like a lot other stuff, I save it for when I am tired of Wizard Chores™. Clear out a zone of them, do side quests, etc. Breaks up monotony of dungeon runs, Tree Chores™. By parceling them out, I won't get tired of doing any one thing on The Long Road to 100™.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Interesting. I thought most of the people complaining about renown were people not used to a "real" grind. Note the quotes, what is too much of a grind is completely subjective and you're allowed to say whatever you want is too grindy.

But this is the first I've seen someone who is used to grinding a headhunter in multiple leagues make the same complaint in D4. Perhaps it's not the renown itself but that inherent carrot on stick(or lack thereof) is poorly designed.
Because when you grind headhunter you get headhunter. You aren't forced to grind some stupid shit that doesn't reward you just to open up the game to grind more.

I think that's the problem with it.

• 1Seriously?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, I'd realize the irony if I were actually defending Blizzard. I'm not. I realize context is hard to convey in text format but I'm attempting to explain why the argument of "they should know better!" doesn't make a lot of sense 25 years later. Even if we're only going back to D3, Blizzard is almost unrecognizable, let alone 20+ for D2 and D1. So in a sense, D4 sort of is their "first foray" into ARPGs. At least for a lot of the retards who work there now.

Where have they said that seasons will be classified as a different "realm"? Or are we still just speculating?

Look, I'm not saying you guys aren't going to be right and Blizzard isn't going to colossally fuck up S1 and that I'll relish in the salt farming it'll allow me to do on Twitch, forums, reddit, etc. I hope they don't, because I think GGG needs competition in the space to make both games better. But all of this is pure presumption until Blizzard definitely states it'll work X way on S1 release.
Well, the game makes it quite clear that your characters are on a specific "realm" called "Eternal". Also, they will need a way to separate a Season character and "normal" characters, easiest way is to have a different realm. I think that is the assumption people are making.

• 1Like