Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want to know who at Blizzard thought a gem should take up the same amount of inventory space as weapons and armor. So dumb.
I want to know why gems could not just be of a type that is upgraded via cost/components/level. They allow for gems to be removed. Why not just have one of each that is a seperate item slot where you keep each type that upgrades. You could be required to do a quest as part of acquiring them one time. Now you could still add gems that drop but those gems are just sold for gold in the higher tiers.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do Ancestrals only drop in WT4? And do I need to get a new Sigil now to begin doing Torment Nightmare dungeons? I'm slow and stupid and don't know how this works.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ok, explain to me the effective playstyle differences between tshot, lightning arrow, toxic rain, or any other bow skill that people use other than "lol one you scale chaos dot multi and the other you scale phys dmg or ele dmg" etc. etc. for every other skill that has 10 basically identical ones.
Playstyle is not the only factor in build variety. But you know this and are purposefully acting in bad faith. The nuances in how lightning arrow and tornado shot clear is enough to differentiate them.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want to know why gems could not just be of a type that is upgraded via cost/components/level. They allow for gems to be removed. Why not just have one of each that is a seperate item slot where you keep each type that upgrades. You could be required to do a quest as part of acquiring them one time. Now you could still add gems that drop but those gems are just sold for gold in the higher tiers.

There is a lot better ways to handle it. I think they were just lazy, and went the way its been done in every diablo game(really worse given how much space they take up compared to actual items). Imagine if they had charms again on top of everything else.
Do Ancestrals only drop in WT4? And do I need to get a new Sigil now to begin doing Torment Nightmare dungeons? I'm slow and stupid and don't know how this works.

Yeah in wt4 only. And you just need an ancestral sigil. Iirc its basically anything 20 or above in tier.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Playstyle is not the only factor in build variety. But you know this and are purposefully acting in bad faith. The nuances in how lightning arrow and tornado shot clear is enough to differentiate them.
Not only that but he cherry picked abilities very close in play style to somewhat fit his argument, icompletely ignoring the myriad of others with completely different playstyles.

Considering his latest posts on the poe thread this isn't surprising.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I bought this a few days back and have been playing. It’s fun enough but has a multitude of QoL improvements that have already been mentioned here a million times. Mind you I’ve read very little about it, didn’t play beta, etc

-gem storage is silly

- seriously, why the fuck are there no chat channels. Why is there no automated group finder like d3 has. It makes the game seem like single player with occasional other people you see sometimes. I realize you can join a guild, or use external chat programs, but still

-itemization is a lil confusing. I miss having a variety of uniques with synergies. Does this game even have shit like that?

-the builds seem kinda bland and homogenous, but I guess D3 was kinda like that, but it felt better?

-the dungeons are a bit bland

-why’s changing specs have to be so expensive? Why does it cost anything at all? Just give us free re-specs with the ability to go back in town and save specs for different purposes

-I’m super casual so I imagine I’ll have fun tinkering with it and it’ll last longer for me than people who blow it up in one or two weeks but it needs some work

I dunno why a mega corporation can’t take all the games they’ve ever done, learn from them, and create a new product with many of the ideas people loved. Also at the same time, how do you not have some creativity for new concepts also that are engaging and fun

This is more an indictment of the industry as a whole than this game specifically. I see rando people on Internet forums coming up with ideas that make me think “damn that would be cool” but none of these people seem to work at places that actually create games

which leads me to believe every choice they make is simply profit focused and not actually game focused

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Ancestrals only drop in WT4.

You can salvage sigils you don't want any more and craft higher level sigils at the enchanter person.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I look at items and the statistics on them. I’m like…I’m pretty sure I’m not a retard…but I have no idea how any of this shit goes together to make my character stronger.

Then I watch 20 minutes of a YouTube video on how to gear for a spec. Go back to the game, see gear, still doesn’t make a ton of sense. I just grab whatever is higher ilvl. But I’m sure it’s more complex than that.

I get that there are stat priorities on each slot to look for, but it’s such a trudge. 😴

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why is there no automated group finder like d3 has. It makes the game seem like single player with occasional other people you see sometimes.

I do miss this. You could choose private, or join games and it auto fills. Choosing what kind of activity you want. I loved running rifts for a bit with a full group or just doing GRs with random people. Don't always want to just solo(rarely did actually in d3, unless the game needed me too, for bloodstone cap increase, or season journey).

I would assume they could do it here, at least for nightmare dungeons, and just port the group into the dungeon. No different then queuing for a random dungeon in an MMO really. Not really sure its possible for things like tree or helltide, since its all in the open world. A negative apsect of moving away from a lobby based experience to a persistent world.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did they do away with the d3 philosophy of damage / toughness / recovery, and then it directly showed green (better) or red (worse) and a %?

Of all the things to like/dislike of PoE, not needing a separate program to try and figure out damage progression was nice, even if it felt really dumbed down. That said, everything still came down to +crit chance/damage wherever you could and then maybe picking cooldown vs resource reduction or something.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they do away with the d3 philosophy of damage / toughness / recovery, and then it directly showed green (better) or red (worse) and a %?

Of all the things to like/dislike of PoE, not needing a separate program to try and figure out damage progression was nice, even if it felt really dumbed down. That said, everything still came down to +crit chance/damage wherever you could and then maybe picking cooldown vs resource reduction or something.

You can still compare, if you have it turned on. But there is a lot more to filter through. Tougheness can be straight + DR, or a myriad of +DR from close, +DR while fortify, +DR from far, +DR from crowd controlled etc. Same goes for almost every other stat(just straight +d mg, dmg to far, dmg to close, dmg to stunned, dmg to CCd etc). It's all been bloated with a whole bunch of extra modifiers. Some classes uses one, others use another. Differs build to build etc.

It goes way too far. Should just be say +dmg , or + dmg to CC'd(which includes them all). Instead even something like a slow is broken down into slow, chill, dazed, crowd controlled, and then further by close, far. And you have things, in the druids case, of all those modifiers then can be divided into human form, werewolf form, werebear form. It is all just too much, it reeks of trying TOO hard.

I remember when I played PoE, i felt somewhat the same way. I think a lot of that was due to no classes, so each character needed to basically have the entire loot table be available, and thus there were a ton of different suffix and rolls that could happen. It takes a while to get comfortable with looking at an item and deciding if its useful or not with just a quick glance.

Last edited:

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I dunno why a mega corporation can’t take all the games they’ve ever done, learn from them, and create a new product with many of the ideas people loved. Also at the same time, how do you not have some creativity for new concepts also that are engaging and fun

This is more an indictment of the industry as a whole than this game specifically. I see rando people on Internet forums coming up with ideas that make me think “damn that would be cool” but none of these people seem to work at places that actually create games

which leads me to believe every choice they make is simply profit focused and not actually game focused

It's already been said, but the Blizzard we grew up with and loved, that gave us the original Diablo 1 and 2, Starcraft 1 and 2, Warcraft, World of Warcraft.....that company no longer exists. Those creative talents are long gone, replaced by whatever diversity hires Blizzard looks for these days. It's clear many of their current employees have never played the older versions, otherwise a lot of the QoL things that existed in D2 and D3 would already be in the game. They keep reinventing the wheel because a lot of them have never seen a wheel before.

It's not just Blizzard of course, but it's sad to see the state Western gaming companies have become. I say that because I hold out hope the Japanese and Korean companies can hold out against the cultural shifts.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
They literally both right click once and clear 3 screens, then you run a few steps and right click again to clear 3 more. Repeat til map is clear. You know this but you just can't stand anyone saying PoE isn't a godsent masterpiece of a game with 0 flaws that towers over any competition in every metric by miles.

When we did this months ago and I pointed out that you can use the different runes on skills in d3 to get "a ton of build variety" i'm pretty sure you were one of the ones saying I was being nonsensical but d3 runes changed the builds just as much as there is a difference in "the way lightning arrow and tornado shot clear".

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It isn't a random yellow, it's a Legendary. Which should mean something, but it doesn't, which is the point.
Why?

Should "shaper" or "elder" rares in PoE mean something? That's essentially what "legendaries" are - rares with a "unique" mod on it. Or do you just fucking ignore 99% of the 9,000 Shaper/Elder rares that drop because they're fucking garbage stats?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why?

Should "shaper" or "elder" rares in PoE mean something? That's essentially what "legendaries" are - rares with a "unique" mod on it. Or do you just fucking ignore 99% of the 9,000 Shaper/Elder rares that drop because they're fucking garbage stats?

Umm what? They do mean something. You can craft specific mods on Elder or Shaper items in poe without having to use a different exalted orb to influence it first and then waste harvest juice trying to change it into an elder or shaper item before you start crafting.

Goddamn... no wonder Blizzard games make so much money.

Poe is too complex and you clearly don't understand which influenced bases are worth picking up simply because they are influenced but jesus... talk about clueless

You can filter them out in poe too.. goddamn. I'm pretty sure you're being willfully obtuse at this point.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shitty drops is nothing new. Just because its legendary doesn't mean its good. Even unique has some duds. I only pick all them up for salvage and checking if its a good aspect to extract. This is nothing new to this series or to the genre at all. If every drop was amazing, you would be finished playing even faster. There has to be some treadmill. Probably confusing WoW legendary with diablo.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Dumb question:

Instead of uniques like in D3 creating builds, in this game, the main end game gearing is mostly getting the highest tier YELLOWS from WT4, and upgrading them with those aspects you either get from dungeons, or find on items?

It seems like there aren’t a ton of uniques, right?

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I've only found a couple uniques now and hit level 65 or 66 today but they seemed like they could do some cool stuff for builds, but the ones I found are for werewolf stuff and i'm not playing that. Got them sitting in my stash in case I decide to switch at some point although they'll probably be outdated stat wise by the time I do now since I found them in the early 50s on wt3.

Whether they're viable at endgame or if everyone will just want full legendaries in every slot, I dunno.

I did get pretty frustrated for the first time today. Helltides are fucking stupid. I had like 250 fragments or whatever and spent literally the last 18 minutes of the helltide running around looking for the 175 chest and not finding it so had to open a 75 at the last second and just poof the rest of my fragments. Makes me not want to even bother with them any more.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Umm what? They do mean something. You can craft specific mods on Elder or Shaper items in poe
Oh, so a similar system to what D4 has?

At this point I'm beginning to think you haven't even played D4. Have you even played the game?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dumb question:

Instead of uniques like in D3 creating builds, in this game, the main end game gearing is mostly getting the highest tier YELLOWS from WT4, and upgrading them with those aspects you either get from dungeons, or find on items?

It seems like there aren’t a ton of uniques, right?
Pretty much nail on the head. Can look up builds online. CDR is the king big dick stat to look out for on most yellows. One affix can be off on the yellow, and you can just reforge it till you get something you like. Then you put an aspect (legendary) on it, upgrade it (five levels generally) and socket it once or twice. Most builds have about two uniques, as the legendaries combine to make captain planet more so than one off changes like the unique gear accomplishes.

• 1Like