Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So you get the point... cool
You're missing the point.

"Legendaries" are just a crafting ingredient.

"Uniques" are what legendaries were in D4, which brings the item naming back into line with D2 and also PoE.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
An example for Arc Lash sorc, speed and lucky hit matter alot so you are forced into 1 hand wand and can ignore 2 hand staffs and daggers because even with higher weapon dps number it doesn't matter.
Lucky Hit is normalized by attack type and speed, so this shouldn't be correct.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
P.S. as pointed out early any stat on your gear that is a resistance is pretty much an empty stat. If you have 2 resistance on a piece it's borked beyond repair and needs to be dumpstered as soon as possible.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I got the druid unique chest that always keeps you as a werewolf along with a perfect rolled lego amulet with tornados seeking up to 5 targets so I guess I'm gonna start pivoting from pulverize to that fun lookin tornado spam build.

The secret 175 chests during Helltides, do they actually guarantee anything?

In my experience, you get 3-4 legendaries in those chests. Haven't done enough or them to flat out say it's guaranteed, but I'm guessing it is

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You're missing the point.

"Legendaries" are just a crafting ingredient.

"Uniques" are what legendaries were in D4, which brings the item naming back into line with D2 and also PoE.

I am definitely not missing the point, you're missing the sarcasm. While also not understanding that uniques are definitely not what legendaries were in D3 (you meant D3 even though you said D4).

Legendaries in D3 had one set modifier and everything else was random, you never knew what other mods you would get.

This system is a small iteration on that absolutely garbage system, which to be fair most people here have recognized.

Most people.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Okay after playing it for a while I'm convinced d4 has the worst minion AI in ARPG history.

Time for that rogue alt.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I got the druid unique chest that always keeps you as a werewolf along with a perfect rolled lego amulet with tornados seeking up to 5 targets so I guess I'm gonna start pivoting from pulverize to that fun lookin tornado spam build.

The secret 175 chests during Helltides, do they actually guarantee anything?
They guarantee at LEAST 2 legendaries, average being 4 for me over 30ish. I've had 2 maybe twice, 5 legendaries probably 10 times, and usually 4 or so. Uniques also, probably 5 or so Uniques from them. They also drop 4+ elixirs. Definitely THE target for Helltides, followed by majorly needed upgrades and build requiring unique slots.

• 1Solidarity

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I think a lot of people here are missing that Legendaries =/= Uniques. Some people are complaining that they're not unique enough, but that's just it. They're just rares with a tailored super-power. Uniques are in fact unique and have pre-set stats and some of them ACTUALLY have unique abilities that define/make builds in this game. They're just super rare and you won't see them until WT3+ and realistically not often, if you can even say that, until WT4.

The item system is uninspired, but it's akin to basically every other ARPG there is. People love Last Epoch's crafting and items but that shit is painful with their offensive prefix, defensive suffix stuff and their build-a-bear crafting system. PoE's strength is also its weakness in just massive RNG on RNG with different influences and tiers and a million affixes and you're just hoping to hit something good or something you can work with within the confines of their crafting system. But when you get lucky, it feels great. Feels like you won the lottery. However, like the real lottery you're losing millions more than you're winning if you're just ID scrolling.

D3 Legendaries went from being AMAZING (Shard of Hate, TFury, Cindercoat, etc) to GOOD to okay to okay+ if primal. The reason being that the set system fucked power up majorly. Some of these items had like 200% weapon damage procs which felt great for the first 2-3 seasons, but then you got set bonuses that literally have 1500% modifiers or worse and there's no way a dinky 2x hit is going to even be noticeable compared to some set bonus or some big 700% multiplier on your main skill. That's the exact reason they shied away from sets and wanted to focus on Uniques for main power. So when you find that very rare item it potentially means a new means of pay opens up and you can FEEL the power from it. I think for at least half the Uniques that seems to be the case. I've just been a Necro so I can't speak for other classes except I know there's some helmet like 100% of druid builds use as well so I imagine it's similar for them.

AND AGAIN

If you loved D2, don't like this or feel meh about it, like PoE but hate a lot of it's systems:

Project Diablo 2. It's amazing. Honestly the only game I'd consider being close to rival PoE in my personal opinion. It's classic D2 items, with PoE maps, with constantly update runewords/Skill changes, with Corruption shards for slamming items. They just released a 60fps version and it is VERY fun. Definitely more fun on a league launch, which should be a month or two away, but it is a VERY fun version of D2. If Blizzard was smart they'd let them use D2R assets to get more D2R box sales and then it would absolutely be the closest contender to PoE for top ARPG.

You're right, the list of the uniques show actual affixes that are well ...unique.

Now looking at that list, i don't think a lot of these are opening up new ways to play minus a couple of these, and i'm not sure how viable that new build would be compared to the cookie cutters out there. I'm not saying every build should clear the same way, but if one build pulls a million DPS (complete made up number) and the best your new build tailored around your unique is 10k well ....

Burns

Okay after playing it for a while I'm convinced d4 has the worst minion AI in ARPG history.

Time for that rogue alt.
Hey, it's better than D3 minion AI!!

Are you following the video guide that was linked earier in the thread (will link again at the bottom). He has links to his setup, which is made for Hardcore, so low dps, higher survivability. I made some changes to it, to switch more damage to sever and corpse explosions DoTs, but the spec eats T3 helltide events solo, no problem.

I seem to have gotten lucky on uniques and have 6 or 7 of them drop by level 60. They might be making a huge difference, but they are more of a quality of life thing. They do allow me to get so much mana back and drop so many corpses that I don't need a builder; so I switched to corpse splosion and changed out army for tendrils.

This first spoiler is for SS from my character, I dont think the guy from below is using the barrier and it's pretty huge. The internets are saying the stacking armor one is better, especially with dots being applied. I also have the following Uniques: Howl from Below, Greaves of the Empty Tomb, & Bloodless Scream equipped. Evertything else should be the same as the dude.
Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Been using barrier, most of the game (ironically, when I tried to do the capstone, way too early, it didn't fit in my bone spear set)
Untitled4.png

Extra mages needs to go on the neck to get 3 instead of 2:
Untitled5.png

He has links to build in the descriptions:

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You're right, the list of the uniques show actual affixes that are well ...unique.

Now looking at that list, i don't think a lot of these are opening up new ways to play minus a couple of these, and i'm not sure how viable that new build would be compared to the cookie cutters out there. I'm not saying every build should clear the same way, but if one build pulls a million DPS (complete made up number) and the best your new build tailored around your unique is 10k well ....

Only really played a Druid, but literally every single one of those completely changes how they're played

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Only really played a Druid, but literally every single one of those completely changes how they're played
Yeah not gonna lie i didn't look at the druids cause i never gave a fuck about that class in D2 or now :p

Looking at the bard and necro one, some offer good bonuses, some might change the playstyle, but most just offer a bonus that will fit in (or not) in your current build.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the game would be a lot better if 5 mod rares started dropping 90+.
That "leak" that came out about tier 5, the new gems, etc. Im pretty sure we're going to get another rank above Ancestral for season 1. I was killing Tier 4 in my mid 50's. So Im guessing tier 5 would probably be late 60's, early 70's on that same character.

Time for that rogue alt.
I think they need a hell of a lot more help. Not only does it seem like they stole the AI from EverQuest, but the animations are complete garbage. Im talking about both the Necro AND the Druid minions. I think the original power level they had in the first beta test for most people (KFC Beta) - that version of minions, at least for the Necro, were in a great spot with how strong they were. Everyone judged the entire class off its minions on low level content where we had a legendary in every single slot at level 25. Until they revert that, and or change how they inherit their damage and tankiness (or just increase those values substantially) - I think those builds are just dead in the water.

I really wanted to do a companion build with the druid and take it up into Werewolf Companions with all the werewolf synergies. But those legendary aspects dont even get you remotely close to the power output that the Pulverize or Tornado builds put out as a Druid. Necro - it just seems like if you arent using Bone Spirit or Bone Spear builds - you're in the same damn boat.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
With all of the shit that needs to be fixed in this game to make it more fun, blizzard has exclusively done nothing but nerf anything fun. Like a dungeon with high mob density and lots of elites? Too fucking bad, apparently killing mobs is not how blizzard envisions you playing (rip eridu)

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Hey, it's better than D3 minion AI!!

Are you following the video guide that was linked earier in the thread (will link again at the bottom). He has links to his setup, which is made for Hardcore, so low dps, higher survivability. I made some changes to it, to switch more damage to sever and corpse explosions DoTs, but the spec eats T3 helltide events solo, no problem.

I seem to have gotten lucky on uniques and have 6 or 7 of them drop by level 60. They might be making a huge difference, but they are more of a quality of life thing. They do allow me to get so much mana back and drop so many corpses that I don't need a builder; so I switched to corpse splosion and changed out army for tendrils.

This first spoiler is for SS from my character, I dont think the guy from below is using the barrier and it's pretty huge. The internets are saying the stacking armor one is better, especially with dots being applied. I also have the following Uniques: Howl from Below, Greaves of the Empty Tomb, & Bloodless Scream equipped. Evertything else should be the same as the dude.
View attachment 477827
View attachment 477828
View attachment 477829
View attachment 477830

Been using barrier, most of the game (ironically, when I tried to do the capstone, way too early, it didn't fit in my bone spear set)
View attachment 477831

Extra mages needs to go on the neck to get 3 instead of 2:
View attachment 477832

He has links to build in the descriptions:

Thanks, will take a look at this. I was following another hardcore build that used bone spear /w bonestorm. I think this will help with the AE damage I'm sorely lacking.

Still wish the AI wasn't dogshit though lol. Golem active skill fires off way too late somtimes.

Edit: Oh yeah this game doesn't even have the focus on enemies that I cast spells on thing that almost every other ARPG has.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What? The mobs in Tier 4 start at 73... why would you do that? lol
You can wear Ancestral as early as 60. Going in there at 50's was me trying to push for higher rolls on the sacred pieces.

• 1Like