Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Paragon is great. WTF you talking about? The problem is you level so god damn slow post 50, plus the runes level even slower that you dont feel the paragon unless you grind the ever living shit out of this game post 50. But yeah, the paragon system is great and despite what you think has a lot of depth to it.

Maybe my class's Paragon sucks? Look at this shit.

I could have designed that throwing darts at numbers on a speadsheet for 3 hours and it doesn't even include a corpse bomb specialty where those affixes are on loot that actually means anything in flesh eater. 40% for 6 seconds on a corpse consumption when pets have been nerfed so hard to the ground you are too busy resummoning than using them for tendrils and explosions. And then not even giving any bonuses to reapers where the build lies anyway.

They couldn't even be arsed to spell check their HTML:

Rare Node
Culler

• Lucky Hit: Up to a +10.0% Chance to Execute Injured Non-Elites
  • +2.5% Attack Speed
Bonus: Another <span style="color: #B69E7A">Lucky Hit:</span> Up to a +10.0% Chance to Execute Injured Non-Elites if requirements met:
  • 220 Intelligence, 170 Dexterity (Sorcerer)
  • 180 Strength (Rogue)
  • 180 Willpower (Necromancer)
Necromancer, Rogue, Sorcerer

No foresight here. Zero.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Paragon is great. WTF you talking about? The problem is you level so god damn slow post 50, plus the runes level even slower that you dont feel the paragon unless you grind the ever living shit out of this game post 50. But yeah, the paragon system is great and despite what you think has a lot of depth to it.

Is the leveling really that slow when you consider you get a paragon point for every 25% of a level? When you take that in context, I'm not so sure the leveling is really out of whack, it's just a psychological thing since the paragon stuff is hidden and the front-facing LEVEL NUMBER!!! is moving at 1/4th the pace of your true leveling.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Maybe my class's Paragon sucks? Look at this shit.

I could have designed that throwing darts at numbers on a speadsheet for 3 hours and it doesn't even include a corpse bomb specialty where those affixes are on loot that actually means anything in flesh eater. 40% for 6 seconds on a corpse consumption when pets have been nerfed so hard to the ground you are too busy resummoning than using them for tendrils and explosions. And then not even giving any bonuses to reapers where the build lies anyway.

They couldn't even be arsed to spell check their HTML:

Rare Node
Culler

• Lucky Hit: Up to a +10.0% Chance to Execute Injured Non-Elites
  • +2.5% Attack Speed
Bonus: Another <span style="color: #B69E7A">Lucky Hit:</span> Up to a +10.0% Chance to Execute Injured Non-Elites if requirements met:
  • 220 Intelligence, 170 Dexterity (Sorcerer)
  • 180 Strength (Rogue)
  • 180 Willpower (Necromancer)
Necromancer, Rogue, Sorcerer

No foresight here. Zero.
Idk, I have a lv 60+ Necro and my pets don’t die. There is tons of potential in paragon to make pets better but they will never be THE main dmg component of your build.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can I buy more stash tabs yet?

I am curious if they will charge for them or attach them to season journey, like d3.

It was one of the main reasons to do the complete season journey each time for d3. As you got 1 extra tab per season.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is the leveling really that slow when you consider you get a paragon point for every 25% of a level? When you take that in context, I'm not so sure the leveling is really out of whack, it's just a psychological thing since the paragon stuff is hidden and the front-facing LEVEL NUMBER!!! is moving at 1/4th the pace of your true leveling.
In the overall sense, its not that slow. If you buckle down and just run NM dungeons or w/e is current meta over and over and over for hours. Consider people did it in ~70 hours solo 1-100. It's just boring to do so.

If they want 100 to be something only the serious ARPG fans will reach, so be it. I wouldn't mind if it was something people can reach in the 2-3 week stints of seasons and let the tier 100 NM dungeon be the real goal(a goal that will obviously go up as the game goes on).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I would like to see average ssf numbers post dungeon nerfs. Because I don’t think 70 hours is realistic to get to 100. RaizQT for instance saf Necro 100 was almost 7 days played.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Plus in POE you can trade for stuff. So if youre not into the whole crafting thing but good at farming currency you can always buy that piece of gear that youre missing or get shit rolls on constantly. Its basically a shared RNG pool for the community. That is of course, if you do trade, not SSF.

All these games will be grindy as fuck, with respect to loot. They have to be in a way or 4else you would roll up a character, go through story or campaign, then farm gear for a week or so then you would be done. Its the nature of these games where RNG is shit because of all the possibilities so that you stay engaged longer and not quit after a week because youre essentially done upgrading.

Also the way this game drops loot is kinda shit. Everything is all front loaded when yo enter a new WT, so it feels great for the initial few levels in a new WT, but then feels like shit for the next 15 levels when no upgrades drop anymore, or they are so rare might as well not be any. Gear Score on items should be tied to character level. so that you dont go into WT3, upgrade al of your shit within a level or two to the highest gear score, and then get shit for drops for the next 15 levels until the next WT opens for you. It should be, say, Lv50-52 drops IL 500-525, LV52-54 drops 530-550...etc... You get the point. So there is a constant progression of gear upgrades.

POE had base item levels, where the better the item level was the bigger the numbers could roll on the item. So there was a sense of progression as your Level got bigger, higher level items dropped which had higher possible roll values. This game does not have this. Its all tied to World Tier.

Plus yeah, way too many affixes on items, plus the "buckets" are not all made equal. Since most of the item affixes are all additive, and only like 2-3 are multiplicative.

PoE item levels have almost every tier unlocked by the time you get into like t4 maps, ilvl 84 mods unlock almost no "big upgrade" affix possibilities. Oh boy, I can get 46-48 resist on an item instead of 41-45 when I get to i84 instead of i73 or whatever the t2 is, etc. Also, how can you say there are too many affix in this game but not say the same for PoE? Is it only because PoE pretty much eliminated the relevance of dropped items at all because now you just meta craft everything that is worth using? PoE also has disparities power to the tune of multiplicative vs additive...

Yes, they should change item levels a bit so that you don't end up with the high power stuff early, and maybe a few other small changes. I'm sure they saved some stuff for season 1 just because it's planned to come out so fast (and every company does this shit whether its seasons or dlc a week after release etc.).

Do all of you trying to compare this to PoE while listing things as negatives for this game but not for PoE just not realize what you're doing because you're so used to it with PoE that it doesn't register or what?

• 1Moron

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I would like to see average ssf numbers post dungeon nerfs. Because I don’t think 70 hours is realistic to get to 100. RaizQT for instance saf Necro 100 was almost 7 days played.
My scion in this league of PoE had like 14 days played and is only level 95 so...

Wait let me guess, it's fine cause in PoE you can pay 80 divines to sit afk in 5ways to get to level 100, totally less boring than gridning nightmare dungeons or whatever people are doing to rush 100 on this?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I am drowning in glyps, have to keep salvaging them.

System is ass.
Once you get to high enough level you will be trashing 90% of them anyway and only keeping the ones with mods that don't suck ass.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why are people in a rush to hit 100 anyway? The 'endgame' is over at 100, it doesn't start at 100.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My scion in this league of PoE had like 14 days played and is only level 95 so...

Wait let me guess, it's fine cause in PoE you can pay 80 divines to sit afk in 5ways to get to level 100, totally less boring than gridning nightmare dungeons or whatever people are doing to rush 100 on this?
Calm down brp, like WTF? Im just trying to discuss shit here and have a conversation on how to make this game not boring post lv60.And comparing shit between other games is a good way to do it. Trust me there is PLENTY wrong with POE that I hate and its why I only play a league maybe once a year.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why are people in a rush to hit 100 anyway? The 'endgame' is over at 100, it doesn't start at 100.
Not In a rush to get to 100, I I dont even see the REASON at all to get to 100 anyway. Pretty much all characters top out at like 80ish anyways save a few more paragon levels and maybe leveling your gliphs. which are minor uprades anyway. No im trying to see how not to make the 60+ shit boring as fuck to do, which its pretty much boring as fuck. You get 2 power spikes, after both capstones which lasts a few days. Then the game is pretty much a snooze fest.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Paragon is completely uninspired as the rest of the bullshit "end game"
1687278543114.png
1687278704394.png

1687278791192.png
1687278813792.png

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Calm down brp, like WTF? Im just trying to discuss shit here and have a conversation on how to make this game not boring post lv60.And comparing shit between other games is a good way to do it. Trust me there is PLENTY wrong with POE that I hate and its why I only play a league maybe once a year.
Calm down, bro, like WTF? I'm just trying to point out that this game is pretty similar to other ARPGs and trying to prevent it from turning into a non-arpg 20 hour playtime game.

Honestly it just sounds like maybe you don't enjoy ARPGs and grinding.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ok dude, cant discuss how to make games better in a games forum. Maybe you need to take a break in white knighting this POS game, ey?

Of course its similar, but yet its different and unique. How come other ARPG dont feel like shit to play. For instance the combat in this game is a fucking CHORE and monotonous. The gear progression is shit clearly since Im not he only one complaining. 20+ fucking all useless additive affixes that might as well all be condensed into one saying adds xx dmg.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Because unless I can hit cap with all of my BIS gear with max rolls within a week, the game is an uninspired dogshit, trash ass braindead IQ grindfest. Also, if the game does allow me to do that, it's a casual homofest made by cuck bitch faggot groomers who don't know how to make games anymore.

Basically, I'm a boomer and I want to be MAAAAAAAADDDD!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Nah, he's comparing it to the glorious D2, where you had a massive diversity of builds. You could either be a Titan's javazon, a buriza bowazon or a windforce bowazon, and depending on which one you picked you could do 1 to 3 small areas of repetitive grinding. Some of the other classes had less white privilege that amazons, tho, and had less than 3 builds to choose from. Oh ya, and then there was the glorious need to have your entire inventory filled with charms to the point that you can't even loot items, which was a tragedy because the itemization in D2 was a masterpiece. Every piece of loot was a handcrafted majestic marvel.

• 1Worf

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ok dude, cant discuss how to make games better in a games forum. Maybe you need to take a break in white knighting this POS game, ey?

Of course its similar, but yet its different and unique. How come other ARPG dont feel like shit to play. For instance the combat in this game is a fucking CHORE and monotonous. The gear progression is shit clearly since Im not he only one complaining. 20+ fucking all useless additive affixes that might as well all be condensed into one saying adds xx dmg.
Where the fuck did I say you can't discuss things? I said it takes a long ass time to level in PoE too and you flipped your shit and I said a lot of the problems in this game are the same things that other games do and I find it funny that people think they're great in those other games but ruin this one.

I'm the white knight, tho, for sure.