Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
What would it be like if Bliz straight up ripped all the seasonal/league content right out of PoE? Incursions, heists, betrayals etc. Feel like it would still be shittier than PoE because, if nothing else, you can straight up nope out of shitty maps/mods you don't want to (or can't) deal with. Sure as fuck hope Bliz modifies their RNG philosophy at least slightly so you can either pick some kind of dungeon themes, monster mods etc ala maps. Not being able to juice things here is just shitty comparatively

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This game is not even close in the level and amount of activity you have in POE. This is fuckign laughable to even compare the two. POE has so much shit to do that is diffeent at end game you could go for a week and not do the same thing. And even if you dont get gear drops in POE, like you dont in Diablo, you still get currency dropping you can eithe craft with or sell or trade for gear you do need. ITs nto even in tha same bapllpark bro. This game is like playing war with cards while POE is fucking canasta.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well some leagues, like Heist, sucked massive dicks and I skipped that one because of it. lol

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Which will happen first?
  • Wizardhawk learns to have a nuanced and faceted conversation with multiple participants. Each having their own viewpoints and backgrounds. And in this case, a good majority of them participating in one thread but not the other.
  • Mr. Sox releases a Pantheon podcast.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This game is not even close in the level and amount of activity you have in POE. This is fuckign laughable to even compare the two. POE has so much shit to do that is diffeent at end game you could go for a week and not do the same thing. And even if you dont get gear drops in POE, like you dont in Diablo, you still get currency dropping you can eithe craft with or sell or trade for gear you do need. ITs nto even in tha same bapllpark bro. This game is like playing war with cards while POE is fucking canasta.
This is true.

I will absolutely bitch about POEs annoying bloat of shit, its god damn terrible auction house, relative inability to SSF and actually do even okay. POE is the gold standard masterpiece in the arena of getting players to keep coming back, playing the game, and paying money.

At the end of the day I expect to spend (this is a ballpark number out of my asshole) 25%-50% less time to complete a D4 season compared to a POE league and they need to at least keep it as interesting. If D4 seasons are like Greater Rifts in D3, which were boring as shit, then I'm out after S1.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nobody bitches about that being a negative in PoE but this thread is nonstop bitching about how you can't get to 100 with perfect gear in 10 hours. Both games have shitloads of bad items and affixes. Nobody bitches about that being a negative in PoE but this thread is nonstop bitching about how there aren't 4000 build defining unique items and every piece of loot isn't meaningful and special. Both games have +gooder in the forms of items and skill points/paragon. This thread is nonstop bitching about how terrible and boring it is while saying PoE's +gooder is +gooder than this games +gooder.
Nobody bitches in the PoE thread because the only people left visiting that thread are poopsocker ARPG addicts.

This thread still has some of us only-play-a-season-every-few-years ARPG casual timmies obviously shitting up your grinder hard ons, or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 478827View attachment 478828
View attachment 478829View attachment 478830

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

Exactly :)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Nah, he's comparing it to the glorious D2, where you had a massive diversity of builds. You could either be a Titan's javazon, a buriza bowazon or a windforce bowazon, and depending on which one you picked you could do 1 to 3 small areas of repetitive grinding. Some of the other classes had less white privilege that amazons, tho, and had less than 3 builds to choose from. Oh ya, and then there was the glorious need to have your entire inventory filled with charms to the point that you can't even loot items, which was a tragedy because the itemization in D2 was a masterpiece. Every piece of loot was a handcrafted majestic marvel.

Wow I thought maybe he didn't realize any necro worth a shit is 2h'ing a good roll scythe.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>

What's funny to me still is that fat retard cunt at their oreo chat pulled that it's not comparable because D4 is a brand new game. And I am like the hell it isn't just because you shitstains made a new game doesn't mean the genre is new. If you haven't picked up on that you all don't deserve jobs.

What I think is really happening though is they plan to add most if not all of these needed activities, QOL, and other obvious changes in the form of Seasons and Expansions purposefully giving us a shittier experience in the hopes they can sell us on improvements.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Really enjoying barb a lot now, I finally got the aspect that pulls mobs to you. Only 1 useful unique so far, got the barb chest at 57, rest has been that stupid sword over and over. Ran into the butcher again, easy kill now, just facetank (spintank?) him, no more pillar humping. NMD all seem easy now.

Apparently Fallen Lunatics are the deadliest mob for players, during helltides I constantly see "Player0213 has been slain by a Fallen Lunatic" I just lolspin through packs of them. NMD easy so far, I was worried about some affixes at beginning, but most I ignore now, others might take a pot here and there.

Is T4 actually a real spike in difficulty, and just wait till mid 60's? Or should I just go ahead and do capstone now, since everything is a breeze? Prob be 60 before I log tonite.

Odd fix for my crashing issue, I turned off the advanced detail options for items, and I haven't crashed in 2 days. I have no idea why extra text/numbers on item cards would cause crashing, but ok.

Rather than read the next 3 pages I'll reply as if it's not answered, but t4 is more of the same unless you push it early. I did so with my druid but it was a lot of fun doing it before but after the first round of ancestral upgrades things just started falling over just as easily. That challenge only remains as I push nightmare dungeons now. Druid is now 75 doing tier ~38 nightmares w/out much issue. Got my barbarian to 50 last night and was carried through the first capstone. I've been running a HotA build. I got a 2h rupture unique I've started messing with... blood everywhere is a lot of fun but not super effective. Probably give in and go whirlwind soon just to try it but for whatever reason I've resisted that since it's all I've seen others playing.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Nobody bitches in the PoE thread because the only people left visiting that thread are poopsocker ARPG addicts.

This thread still has some of us only-play-a-season-every-few-years ARPG casual timmies obviously shitting up your grinder hard ons, or something.

I'll have to place my money on Sox with this one. Even though he is a badshit insane lunatic.

Wizard actually was dumb enough to claim quests were broken because he was too fucking shitty to kill monsters and complete them.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Maybe its because its the only thing that woks for barbs in end game? I tried to carry the bleed thing to end game and failed masively. But it also could be my fault too, but IMO I think why you only see spin to win at barb end game is that its the only easy viable build. Plus people like to copy shit that works, not many are up for experimentation. for instance all you saw earlier post release was Pulverize druids, but now a few weeks in we are seeing more (1) builds come into the picture.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So much to do that you play maybe one league a year. I'm sure you know so much more about the variety of activities in PoE than me, i've only played the game for like 7 hours, ever, so i'll take your word that you can go an entire week without repeating any content. "You can buy gear! You grind shit loot for 2 weeks and then buy a piece of gear that you want, it's amazing itemization!" Disregard the fact that once you have a decent build, it's exactly the same problem you said d4 has where you go for long stretches of time without getting an upgrade and if you get your gear together before you roll an alt you literally never get upgrades and end game of PoE is loot filtering out literally all the loot except for currency orbs and super valuable div cards so you can link stacks of mirrors or divines or chaos in chat to show people how hard you poopsock.

• Wizardhawk learns to have a nuanced and faceted conversation with multiple participants. Each having their own viewpoints and backgrounds. And in this case, a good majority of them participating in one thread but not the other.
Random person points out something they dislike about D4 while pointing out how this other game that does the exact same thing is much better. Wizardhawk points out that they're the same thing. Random person calls Wizardhawk a simping white knight faggot retard. Other random people say Wizardhawk doesn't know how to have a conversation.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They are NOT the same thing and never will be. maybe they are ARPG from a 10,000 foot view the same, but thats about it.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'll have to place my money on Sox with this one. Even though he is a badshit insane lunatic.

Wizard actually was dumb enough to claim quests were broken because he was too fucking shitty to kill monsters and complete them.

I never said they were broken I said they were designed to be unbeatable, and they're events not quests. Show me a video of you beating the bat event or last stand when it spawns anything except the weakest of mobs. Keep making shit up, tho.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
They are NOT the same thing and never will be. maybe they are ARPG from a 10,000 foot view the same, but thats about it.
Running maps over and over is totally different from running dungeons in d4 over and over, yep. Totally different.

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I never said they were broken I said they were designed to be unbeatable, and they're events not quests. Show me a video of you beating the bat event or last stand when it spawns anything except the weakest of mobs. Keep making shit up, tho.

There are no unbeatable events. Period.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

I asked awhile back if anyone knew what "kill soul-infused enemies" means for one of the events, but didn't get an answer. That's the only event I can't figure out. There's a ghost with a faint blue circle around him, and the mastery goal is "kill soul-infused enemies" and it has the orange bar that fills up alongside/superimposed on the red timer bar. I've managed to fill the orange bar slightly but can't figure out what's actually doing it, nor what a soul-infused monster even is, and have never beaten it in ~10 times coming across it.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kinda related: I had a bug before I quit, in one of the Helltide boss summoning events, that would cause one of my necro abilities to launch the portals about 2 screens away. I had it happen multiple times on one portal and the event boss was almost dead by the time I got back.