Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I didn't even know this was a special 1 year patch because Immortal is updated so frequently with patches.

1687738062660.png

Put fucking ching chong in charge of D4 already. At least he knows something about having a cohesive vision for a live service game. Ching chong would never say "4.5 months for QoL changes". I can tell you that much.

Just keep NetEase out of it.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So after about 40 million gold. Four builds up to 50+ nightmares. Leveling about 8 glyphs to 15...Think I'm going to stay WW barb crit/bleed with hammer and two handed sword spec.

I easily got to 60 for the nightmares, and was barely breaking a sweat. Just wish the class was not so janky pre 50. Everything smooths out once you get RoH.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Video games nowadays have the problem where 80, 90% of your base is 6 hours a week casuals. But for that 10-20% they get 99% of the exposure to the public. So, do you make a game to impress the Asmongolds and Zizarians and people whose literal job it is to play these games or do you make it for the ACTUAL massive foundation of your game, the casuals.

So trying to tailor shit to the average person just gets blown off as "that's not enough" by the big timers and making challenging, HARD encounters for the streamers gets the Dayjob Danny's all riled up because it's content being added they'll most likely never get to experience.

This is one of the dumbest arguments that has ever been presented in this thread. Gem tabs aren't for "OMG streamers and hardcore" you bumbling fucking halfwit. Only different between the casual and hardcore in this game is the hardcore uncover the same flaws faster.

Little Timmy is going to run into the same level of frustration you absolute retard American Inventor, except he isn't going to make a case for how to improve the game, or hell even watch a video to get his PHD Diablo 4 statistics for gear. All he will know is as he levels his class feels shitter and none of the gear he comes across can be handed to an alt. Your casual has no idea even about what possible changes they even might add to this game he will just quit.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
This is one of the dumbest arguments that has ever been presented in this thread. Gem tabs aren't for "OMG streamers and hardcore" you bumbling fucking halfwit. Only different between the casual and hardcore in this game is the hardcore uncover the same flaws faster.

Little Timmy is going to run into the same level of frustration you absolute retard American Inventor, except he isn't going to make a case for how to improve the game, or hell even watch a video to get his PHD Diablo 4 statistics for gear. All he will know is as he levels his class feels shitter and none of the gear he comes across can be handed to an alt. Your casual has no idea even about what possible changes they even might add to this game he will just quit.
I hope you're okay dude.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

lol I agree with BoozeCube BoozeCube

This is actually a really good argument from a game designer's standpoint. Casual players experience the same frustrations as hardcore players, they just can't elucidate the problem, they just feel bad and quit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
These PoE comparisons are so off point. PoE has been around like 10 years. How many acts did it release with? Certainly not 10. It’s had a decade to create and add content. All those cool league mechanics were not there at launch. Would you even play the original PoE today without the years of post release content?

It reminds me of all the MMOs that came after WoW and people bitching about not enough content or things to do compared to WoW when WoW had already had years of content added and was already a matured product.
I was responding to someone saying that ARPGs focus too much on endgame.

PoE is set up so that additional levelling content is added which is reused for endgame.

D4 can't do that as effectively due to the preset maps.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Gem Tab is nice but they don't need it.

The entire Gem system is poorly thought out. They drop like candy of most qualities, they are not consumed on use, you only need a handful and you can't upgrade them beyond what commonly drops.

They could make it so only the best type drops (flawless in WT4) so it's 6 inventory slots not half of it, they could reduce the drop rate by 90% and put the upgrade recipies in the game (these have been datamined).

As usual Diablo 3 did this much better.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They already said they are NOT adding a gem tab. Gems will be going into your crafting materials stash, you know, the one on the left side where all of your other mats you pick up go? And I guess you will be able to then craft whichever gem you want. This is why they said this will take them longer to implement. But I think its way better than the stupid system they have now with all those different tiers of gems you have to keep in order to craft better ones later.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Literally all they needed to do is make gems be worth like 10 to 15k or so gold each so you could consider actually looting them. If they weren't utterly dogshit worthless for the most part this wouldn't be an issue. If they were worth significant gold then I guarantee very few people would have ever even thought about asking for a gem tab.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Literally all they needed to do is make gems be worth like 10 to 15k each or so gold each so you could consider actually looting them. If they weren't utterly dogshit worthless for the most part this wouldn't be an issue. If they were worth significant gold then I guarantee very few people would have ever even thought about asking for a gem tab.

Certain builds you are going to be spamming some clicks/movement so even if you are trying to avoid gems you end up with like 5-6 of the pieces of shit in your bag just by accident that you need to get rid of later after just 1-2 runs.

If I could lootban items from pickup I probably wouldn't even care that much about changing gem storage.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like we needed more proof at just how inept the design of this game was. I get to killing a world boss. I had not collected the weekly Cache from this one. It is rather easy because of the 94 and 98 in the group. It of course dies.

The Cache : Requires level 80 to open.

If the loot requirement is that high, why am I even able to participate in the kill ???????????

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Like we needed more proof at just how inept the design of this game was. I get to killing a world boss. I had not collected the weekly Cache from this one. It is rather easy because of the 94 and 98 in the group. It of course dies.

If the loot requirement is that high, why am I even able to participate in the kill ???????????
That's just a bug. For a while, I kept getting World Boss loot caches that were 4 levels too high for me. I thought they fixed it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

That’s one thing they’ve said they are going to fix. So since it doesn’t benefit the players or add any sort of enjoyment to playing the game, probably 4-6 months for the update

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are nightmare dungeons the best way to gear up as you get into T4? I'm about to be level 60, been doing T3 since level 51, feel like I haven't seen much in the way of upgrades in like 5 levels.

Still running the arc lash/chain lightning leveling build but have been gathering gear and planning on switching to ice shards. Maybe I should just pull the trigger and do that. I guess my question is will I start seeing more upgrades once I hit 60 or not until T4 at this point?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are nightmare dungeons the best way to gear up as you get into T4? I'm about to be level 60, been doing T3 since level 51, feel like I haven't seen much in the way of upgrades in like 5 levels.

Still running the arc lash/chain lightning leveling build but have been gathering gear and planning on switching to ice shards. Maybe I should just pull the trigger and do that. I guess my question is will I start seeing more upgrades once I hit 60 or not until T4 at this point?
Some packs and bosses will 1 shot you in Nightmare Dungeons, so best way to gear up is to finish off your open world stuff (renown) by which time you'll have a few pieces to help you survive Nightmare Dungeons.

Avoid the tree, Obols are useless but events can be OK, do Helltide once you feel comfortable and run if you get trouble.

• 1Like