Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The ones I have say they're level 15 and 20. I'm level 39. I can't upgrade past this?
View attachment 480525

You need level to be 40 to turn chipped into next tier. If you wanted to turn your crude into chipped, you need 3 crude.

Then its level 50 for next tier flawless.

Then its level 60 for Royal.

You are 39 in that SS< so gain one more level.

So like that chipped in your SS says level 20, which is the level needed to make chipped(from crude) and equip them(iirc).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
You need level to be 40 to turn chipped into next tier. If you wanted to turn your crude into chipped, you need 3 crude.

Then its level 50 for next tier flawless.

Then its level 60 for Royal.

You are 39 in that SS< so gain one more level.

So like that chipped in your SS says level 20, which is the level needed to make chipped(from crude) and equip them(iirc).
... as far as mashing mats together, thats about as dumb as it gets. Why would that be level gated?

• 1Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Also I wouldn’t bother combining gems until you hit tier 4, it’s a waste of money before then imo. The higher level gems drop all the time.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... as far as mashing mats together, thats about as dumb as it gets. Why would that be level gated?

I assume its lazyness. They don't want you equipping a royal gem at level 1, so they put those level requirements to equip it. And being lazy, they just tied to crafting them too, instead of 2 separate things. Probably tied to level they also start dropping. Aka you wont see a flawless drop until you are fighting level 50 mobs etc. So they make the equip and crafting, the same level.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah, gems as a whole right now are 99% not worth picking up. Crafting some of the royal gems is about all you need which means all of the items lower than flawless are not worth keeping around. Even then, once you have what you need you really don't need any of them anymore, as you get them back when you salvage an item.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
why isn't there a separate gem tab from loot? stupid chipped diamond takes up the same space as a heavy bp.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
why isn't there a separate gem tab from loot? stupid chipped diamond takes up the same space as a heavy bp.
I am sorry Mr. Question, but you have to get in the back of the line behind all of the other questions about why certain aspects of this game were so poorly done.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Late to the party?
idk, try not to read spoilers and only play once or twice a week (this weekend will play), last night i went to 3 jewelers thinking, maybe some are more skillful than others, can't create a socket in my gloves.
broke down and googled, unique gloves can't be socketed, no reason why.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have a gem bag or just put in the crafting material inventory(which is what they are doing iirc), has been a complaint since the start. I think the gem change is after season 1 though.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
idk, try not to read spoilers and only play once or twice a week (this weekend will play), last night i went to 3 jewelers thinking, maybe some are more skillful than others, can't create a socket in my gloves.
broke down and googled, unique gloves can't be socketed, no reason why.
As far as I know, neither gloves or boots can be socketed. Its a strange thing but I have never been able to add a socket to either of those. I have never seen a socket for boots or gloves either. Unique or otherwise.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As far as I know, neither gloves or boots can be socketed. Its a strange thing but I have never been able to add a socket to either of those. I have never seen a socket for boots or gloves either. Unique or otherwise.

Something that carried over from d3. Only helm(1), chest(3), legs(2), weapons(1) and neck/rings(1 each), could be gemmed in that game.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
um blizzard, hello!
eb40c6bc04aa493cec4a4c885d32b3fe.png

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Copy a few more things from D3 and we might get a halfway decent game out of this.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Going from a potato on a 35" monitor, to an actual gaming rig on a 50" 4K screen is fucking amazeballs.

If nothing else, D4 made my cheap Nova Scotian ass finally upgrade. I stretched that 1050ti out a long time lol.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Edit: How the fuck did I post that here. Wrong thread.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users