Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jesus they were not kidding about Sorcerers sucking balls. Got tired of the suckage on mine and restarted with both a Druid and Rogue (both oddball builds that would not work past T3) and took me a day to get both caught up to my wife's Necro I had been playing with. Druid is so much more fun, especially the lame build I am playing. And bow only Rogue is flat out better at anything a Sorc would want to be, without needing specific drops to survive. The balance issues will kill this game before the itemization ever does.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I can't? Why not? People do this all the time? You can ALWAYS compare two like games no matter the age. People continue to compare WoW with other MMOs. People still compare ARPGs in general to Diablo 2. Jesus christ.

Also, it's not really the content that's the issue with most people here. There's many non-content related issues with D4 that simply should not exist, and should never even be an issue on a game released today.

If anything, D4 should be far better game.
yea a lot of quality of life issues

fucking horse gets stuck on a pebble

mobs spawn right on top of horse

horse controls like ass

these are really evident when you couch coop and inn 1second, you could get stuck on a micro ledge on 1 corner and your wife is already at the other corner of the screen...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

fucking horse gets stuck on a pebble

mobs spawn right on top of horse

horse controls like ass

these are really evident when you couch coop and inn 1second, you could get stuck on a micro ledge on 1 corner and your wife is already at the other corner of the screen...
Sounds like a console pleb problem. While the horse isn't perfect with mouse and keyboard, it doesn't seem near as bad as people seem to be making of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Sounds like a console pleb problem. While the horse isn't perfect with mouse and keyboard, it doesn't seem near as bad as people seem to be making of it.
It's not as bad now for me, your cursor distance from you affecting speed is stupid however, my major complaint. A mouse isn't an analog stick, and I have zero reason to go slow on a mount ffs.

Hit my first Vampiric in a T4 ND, fucking thing made me ragequit. 1 hit and fully healed no matter how many times I got it nearly dead. No other mods on it, just regular elite, 1 of 3 elites for progressing. Fight could have gone on forever, damn thing wasn't actually dropping my health at all. First thing I haven't been able to kill.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
It's not as bad now for me, your cursor distance from you affecting speed is stupid however, my major complaint. A mouse isn't an analog stick, and I have zero reason to go slow on a mount ffs.

Hit my first Vampiric in a T4 ND, fucking thing made me ragequit. 1 hit and fully healed no matter how many times I got it nearly dead. No other mods on it, just regular elite, 1 of 3 elites for progressing. Fight could have gone on forever, damn thing wasn't actually dropping my health at all. First thing I haven't been able to kill.

Sounds like you don't have enough cc. Wife and I have never had an issue with Vampiric even doing NM dungeons +13-15 above us.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Sounds like you don't have enough cc. Wife and I have never had an issue with Vampiric even doing NM dungeons +13-15 above us.
Just slow, T3 they weren't an issue at all, in T4 it's just the poison puddles that cause me a little grief usually, or a bad combo of elites that just take a little caution & slowing down. I'm wondering if it was because it was one of those slow/strong attack mobs, and the dungeon had a 30-40% + dmg mod on it. Healed to full from single hits, even when I tried just dashing in and out to slap more bleeds on while kiting it around.

Edit: Apparently they turn red before leeching, I didn't notice before, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Here is an actual dumb question for all the the developer peeps out there. I know there will be expansions, seasons, etc. but at what point does the team start looking at Diablo 5?

I assume this is just a churning cash process, I was curious as to the method? Is it one year in? Or is there not an actual playbook so to speak?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Here is an actual dumb question for all the the developer peeps out there. I know there will be expansions, seasons, etc. but at what point does the team start looking at Diablo 5?

I assume this is just a churning cash process, I was curious as to the method? Is it one year in? Or is there not an actual playbook so to speak?
They will wait too long, then make several D5 prototypes which they will scrap, then rush devlopment on the final version.

So 2+2 years for two D4 expansions, 2 years wasting time, 2 years on a scrapped version, then 3 years for the actual game.

This is how long D3 to D4 took plus 2 years for an extra expansion.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Best way to figure this is to take the coefficient of:

Bobby Kotick divided by how fake and gay the team at Blizzard is. You see if it were up to Kotick all games would get the Call of Duty treatment and there would be a new version year over year + microtransations but since the teams at Blizzard are mostly fake and certainly gay it fucks up that equation giving you a Diablo game every 20 years and a Starcraft game twice per century. At least they have Overwatch 2 lololololololololololololollolol

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LOL.

I am even lamer than that (Disclaimer, fithly console casual still working through the main story on T2) shit. I got the item that gives you a bonus pet and ramps up their damage. And then I got another item that raised all my summon skills by two, so I am like "Ok RNG Gods, apparently you want me to try this Zoo Keeper build" and respecced out of a bunch of shit that was not especially fun. Rest of my build is basically Trample/Pulverize with as much Overpower/Thorns/Heal on Kill as I can cram in there. Pets are their mainly for distraction and to keep pressure on single bosses, but the fucking plant is the real deal especially with two of them active and the duration extension. Pulverize is a lot of fun and it takes something like a Butcher spawn to force me to burn more than potion in a fight. I have zero doubt it will work once we progres past T3, but for now (especially when paired with her necro spamming army of death backed by whatever fucking spear thing the wife has) we are mowing everything down to the point where I wish I could go to T3 now. And it only took one rarish drop to make it gel, and I am not convinced that is even needed. Pretty sure I will be swapping into Forever Bare Pulverize build at some point, but for now the pet army combined with me AE stomping is a lot of fun.

Edit- Just got an aspect that adds a shock wave to Pulverize that travels the screen. JFC is that ridiculous. Resource generation is not an issue, I just live on cooldowns. What the fuck was I even thinking playing a Sorcerer.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah looking at it, for all their shortcommings, Druids might be the least dependant on cat assing for gear, but you pretty much eitther have to be a Bear or dual shifter when the difficulty starts ramping up, mostly for the Unstoppables and Fortify.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Only simpletons and fake gamers thought the plethora of Maxroll nobodies with 9 day headstart had cracked the code on D4 builds before launch.

I'd being willing to bet money the "best" build for season 1 still isn't even discovered. Unfortunately the game is a bit too bland right now for a lot of build makers to want to smash their head against the wall trying to farm all the right aspects and pieces to test their build shit. I think I made it to level 30ish on an alt after doing the same fucking dungeon 20 times in a row and noped out.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Salty
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rogue builds in high NM 60 are still all over the place. You can find a new top rogue build every other day. The Paragon boards synergies for rogue is a lot deeper than some other classes.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You have to wonder on some of these affixes... 150% backstab damage. Who doesn't instantly just salvage that unless you have a build that just one shots everything and ignores mechanics.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Rogue builds in high NM 60 are still all over the place. You can find a new top rogue build every other day. The Paragon boards synergies for rogue is a lot deeper than some other classes.
Isn't it mostly that rogues have access to tons of armor nodes?

Damage is easy to get.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
You have to wonder on some of these affixes... 150% backstab damage. Who doesn't instantly just salvage that unless you have a build that just one shots everything and ig of thonores mechanics.
I've had a few of those, I think WW prevents backstab landing, or I've been incredibly lucky.

I salvage the ones that mobs get reduced vuln, or other shit like that. Oh the lighting storm one too, not because it's hard, but it's annoying as fuck and makes the dungeon seem twice as long. I haven't gotten deep into T4 yet, I'm sure there's plenty of fun shit I haven't seen yet.

I'm loving the pen rogue, so I'll likely play some variation of that for S1, assuming it's still solid around 60. Been levelling in T2 easy, unlike the slog through T1 barb was. I can't wait for mob density to go up, then the build really gonna shine.

Fucking AI in this game though. The number of times I've seen shit sidestep my charged arrows infuriates me. I love how shit likes to back into puddles of death trying to lure me in while playing barb too.

• 1Like