Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I have 3 pairs of the rogue gloves that summon a shadow to copy your skill on lucky hit... that doesn't scale and just uses base stats.

Those gloves are garbage? Bummer, I was hoping they were helping my shadow clone build.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does a person build up weapon expertise as a barbarian??

It was easy when all I used was 2 handed blunt. Now I want to build up 2 handed axe but it seems not to be going up past 1 even when I use Rend. What is the super duper secret that apparently I am not getting.

A better question might be what is the easiest way to build up the weapon skills?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

It was easy when all I used was 2 handed blunt. Now I want to build up 2 handed axe but it seems not to be going up past 1 even when I use Rend. What is the super duper secret that apparently I am not getting.

A better question might be what is the easiest way to build up the weapon skills?

Pretty sure it is just direct damage, aka bleed does nothing.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I had to really read up on it. 2 handed axe is actually a hard one to level given not a lot of skills use it. I had to go whirlwind and choose the axe as my weapon as it defaults to most powerful weapon. Its a bit of a strange system. Yay more tedium

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

WW levels quickly.

I made my barb less efficient to level everything, so base attack is one handers, using 2 different types (mace + sword), WW *was* 2-h blunt, rupture *was* 2-h slashing.

This is my casual character with gf, so only level 52 atm, but I already hit lvl 10 with 2-h blunt using WW, so now I've switched by blunt and slash around and levelling 2-h slashing now with WW.

Levelling one-handers using basic attack is slow going, I think I'm around lvl 5 in each, but my long term goal is to ditch 1-handers completely so for now I'm just suffering through. If I manage to reach lvl 10 with 2-h slashing first, then I'll put 1-handers in the WW slot to level them faster.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The game's class unique traits seem like they were developed by five of the executives' retarded nephews. All over the fucking place, some with zero depth (rogue) and some with entirely too much tedium (barb). Zero consistency, which I guess I could respect for uniqueness, if they were actually good and fun mechanics. I guess the Necro stuff is decent, gives you some actual options that can make a difference.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The game's class unique traits seem like they were developed by five of the executives' retarded nephews. All over the fucking place, some with zero depth (rogue) and some with entirely too much tedium (barb). Zero consistency, which I guess I could respect for uniqueness, if they were actually good and fun mechanics. I guess the Necro stuff is decent, gives you some actual options that can make a difference.
Necro is a pain in the ass. The fact I've got to have my golem and my skeletons on my bar taking up those valuable slots all because we're limited to six active skills because of consoles is annoying as hell. If the golem is your penultimate ability, why wouldn't it just always be active or summoned unless you decided a sacrifice it for the bonus. Hell if you sacrifice your golem, you should get your choice of all those sacrifice passives at the same time.

Druids look like they get the best shit.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
What corruption spreading, the realization of players as they hit 60+, that endgame is a poorly tested shitshow?

Still fucking salty today, wrestling with the idea of chargebacking my purchase, and nuking the bridge permanently for playing Blizzard games.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What corruption spreading, the realization of players as they hit 60+, that endgame is a poorly tested shitshow?

Still fucking salty today, wrestling with the idea of chargebacking my purchase, and nuking the bridge permanently for playing Blizzard games.
As much as I dislike Blizzard and that would be funny…you have no one to blame but yourself here. Everyone knew this would be a pile of shit at the endgame. If you didn’t, idk what to tell you, this isn’t the Blizzard of the 1990’s. Anyone that bought it deserves what they get for supporting it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Necro is a pain in the ass. The fact I've got to have my golem and my skeletons on my bar taking up those valuable slots all because we're limited to six active skills because of consoles is annoying as hell. If the golem is your penultimate ability, why wouldn't it just always be active or summoned unless you decided a sacrifice it for the bonus. Hell if you sacrifice your golem, you should get your choice of all those sacrifice passives at the same time.

Druids look like they get the best shit.

Druid uniques are pretty great in that almost all of them create a completely different way to play the class

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
As much as I dislike Blizzard and that would be funny…you have no one to blame but yourself here. Everyone knew this would be a pile of shit at the endgame. If you didn’t, idk what to tell you, this isn’t the Blizzard of the 1990’s. Anyone that bought it deserves what they get for supporting it.
Diablo was always my favourite, more than any other series, so far more weakness to this series, than any other. I also played the beta some, it was ok in the first 15 levels or so, so figured rest of game would be at least "ok"

It's not just Blizzard, most games these days are fucking trash, the same garbage lazy mentality exists in all the "AAA" companies. Most of the good shit I've played last few years is done by small/indie companys.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Druid uniques are pretty great in that almost all of them create a completely different way to play the class
Yeah, I got two different friends playing them and they're really enjoying the class. Necro fun but it has some shit that's just annoying. I'll probably make a druid soon.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Diablo was always my favourite, more than any other series, so far more weakness to this series, than any other. I also played the beta some, it was ok in the first 15 levels or so, so figured rest of game would be at least "ok"

It's not just Blizzard, most games these days are fucking trash, the same garbage lazy mentality exists in all the "AAA" companies. Most of the good shit I've played last few years is done by small/indie companys.
I kind of agree, AAA in general has been disappointing, but there are some outside of that tag that are doing good things.
Give up on Blizzard, they are done.
But don't give up on games in general.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I kind of agree, AAA in general has been disappointing, but there are some outside of that tag that are doing good things.
Give up on Blizzard, they are done.
But don't give up on games in general.
Oh I'm not giving up on games, just gotta be picky. Gets easier the more of these shit companies I blacklist.

Devs from outside North America seem more reliable these days too, not infected as much with the BS. Look at Dyson Sphere Program, handful of chinese dudes makes an amazing early access games that I've poured 800 hours or so into, and they fucking apologize and shit when they don't get their updates out sooner! Fucking insanity!

As Boozecube kinda said, Blizzard will sit there eating fucking cookies and making excuses like children.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Oh I'm not giving up on games, just gotta be picky. Gets easier the more of these shit companies I blacklist.

Devs from outside North America seem more reliable these days too, not infected as much with the BS. Look at Dyson Sphere Program, handful of chinese dudes makes an amazing early access games that I've poured 800 hours or so into, and they fucking apologize and shit when they don't get their updates out sooner! Fucking insanity!

As Boozecube kinda said, Blizzard will sit there eating fucking cookies and making excuses like children.
I hear you.
If you really, really loved Diablo 2, try Path of Exile, its hard to get into... but its built on top on the concepts that Diablo 2 started.

And yeah, there are lots of awesome games out there, I'd wager there are some good ones from North America too, just not AAA.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I hear you.
If you really, really loved Diablo 2, try Path of Exile, its hard to get into... but its built on top on the concepts that Diablo 2 started.

And yeah, there are lots of awesome games out there, I'd wager there are some good ones from North America too, just not AAA.
PoE is great, I'm just not autistic enough to do endgame bosses in SSF, tho I still toss them an extra 20-30$ if they do a really fun season, I can still get to T16 maps and have some fun for awhile.

The timing on PoE2 might be perfect, early next year last I heard?

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
PoE is great, I'm just not autistic enough to do endgame bosses in SSF, tho I still toss them an extra 20-30$ if they do a really fun season, I can still get to T16 maps and have some fun for awhile.

The timing on PoE2 might be perfect, early next year last I heard?
I hear you about SSF!

PoE2... who knows?
Exilecon (Their version of Blizzcon) is coming up July 29-30. We will see what they have to announce.
I feel like a beta is likely. And this next league has a lot going into it... first league since diablo 4 and what not. Lets see what they have to offer.