Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
God this game is amazing. Watching the entire internet reeeee in to the stratosphere is perhaps the best entertainment Blizzard has put out in years.

I wonder if maybe they manage to fuck up D4 enough that the normies finally wake up and realized that Blizzard is dead/has been dead for years.

Don't think anyone was under any illusion that this was late 90s-early 00s Blizzard. It was about whether it was worth the box price or not.

I definitely got my money's worth playtime wise, even if they did massively shit the bed just in time for season 1

• 6Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Not everyone is going to do the season shit anyways. Even dropping the patch along with season release still pisses off everyone in eternal realm that doesn’t give a shit about seasons
Oh yeah wow, so they pissed off any casuals who won't make a new character and suddenly are dying all the time with gimped damage - AND the hardcore seasonal players.

Genius.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The horse always acts retarded in towns. If you can’t gallop in towns, why even let us mount up in towns? One quick fix for them would be to only let us summon mounts outside of towns, then the horse automatically unsummons itself once you pass through city gates.

You would still need someone to work on how the horse interacts with objects and geometry. Also up ride speed and galloping at least 100%.

Not being able to gallop in towns suits the no fun design philosophy perfectly.

I mean why not? What is the value in slowing players down in hubs?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
A few really easy things they could add to battle pass and the season:

1) Legendary Aspects are earned permenently. Aspects that are drop only and new aspects can be season rewards. They actually have this, just make it permanent. People who don't play the season can still get them via drops.

2) If they want to retire the Malignant Tumors at season end for futureproofing balance, fine, but have them devolve into a unique gem type at season end like +attack speed and +leech with a value in line with current gems, so what you earned has some kind of use that you had to be there to get.

Connected to that give eternal characters a point. Maybe have a permanent renown buff for killing pinnacle bosses and new renown levels - so eventually your old characters can use a bunch of different seasonal items together to get OP and kill the bosses for a bonus to help next season. Skilled/hardcore can just get the kills during the season for a bonus cosmetic.

3) Complete Battle Pass for a bonus themed stash tab (like the PoE themed tabs). Gem Tab is season 1. If they hit a data limit in the future they can just retire it as a new reward and loop through them again for new and returning players. Not sure if PoE has a limit though, FF14 does have a limit because retarded non gaming salarymen made the engine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A few really easy things they could add to battle pass and the season:

1) Legendary Aspects are earned permenently. Aspects that are drop only and new aspects can be season rewards. They actually have this, just make it permanent. People who don't play the season can still get them via drops.

2) If they want to retire the Malignant Tumors at season end for futureproofing balance, fine, but have them devolve into a unique gem type at season end like +attack speed and +leech with a value in line with current gems, so what you earned has some kind of use that you had to be there to get.

Connected to that give eternal characters a point. Maybe have a permanent renown buff for killing pinnacle bosses and new renown levels - so eventually your old characters can use a bunch of different seasonal items together to get OP and kill the bosses for a bonus to help next season. Skilled/hardcore can just get the kills during the season for a bonus cosmetic.

3) Complete Battle Pass for a bonus themed stash tab (like the PoE themed tabs). Gem Tab is season 1. If they hit a data limit in the future they can just retire it as a new reward and loop through them again for new and returning players. Not sure if PoE has a limit though, FF14 does have a limit because retarded non gaming salarymen made the engine.
Please Stop Season 9 GIF by One Chicago

They are not interested in fun and worthy game mechanics.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They want you to uninstall. They're begging you to uninstall. Delete the entire Blizzard launcher. Never play again.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
They want you to uninstall. They're begging you to uninstall. Delete the entire Blizzard launcher. Never play again.
Maybe they calculated that the upkeep of these online games eats into profits even with microtransactions, so they just want to box sales then for you to fuck off ASAP?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1689792076478.png

Gotta get that engagement up somehow. Make them kill the randomly spawned no firm timer bosses 15 times.

On eternal realm bosses drop so much materials per kill, you only ever killed a world boss maybe 4-5 times at most before never needing to do it again. I have plenty of material and never even need to worry about running out and I only killed a handful of bosses. When I went to use my materials I was actually surprised so few boss kills gave me so much padding. That's fine with me since the current implementation of bosses and their difficulty suck ass anyway.

Stuff like forcing 15 boss kills is abusing the timers to increase engagement. Which is fine if it's a fun activity. But it's not.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 483150

Gotta get that engagement up somehow. Make them kill the randomly spawned no firm timer bosses 15 times.

On eternal realm bosses drop so much materials per kill, you only ever killed a world boss maybe 4-5 times at most before never needing to do it again. I have plenty of material and never even need to worry about running out and I only killed a handful of bosses. When I went to use my materials I was actually surprised so few boss kills gave me so much padding. That's fine with me since the current implementation of bosses and their difficulty suck ass anyway.

Stuff like forcing 15 boss kills is abusing the timers to increase engagement. Which is fine if it's a fun activity. But it's not.
You only need to do 9/11 so at least you can avoid it inshallah.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not being able to gallop in towns suits the no fun design philosophy perfectly.

I mean why not? What is the value in slowing players down in hubs?
youre supposed to see another player in town and "cheer" emote them!!!

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
youre supposed to see another player in town and "cheer" emote them!!!
A non gamer female game designer played WoW for a week as research and had fun being lv10 in Stormwind waving at other players, she then went on instagram and liked her friends posts.

So now D4 has emotes and multiplayer towns/world for literally no reason.

I know that PoE has this too, but there is no way amyone at Blizzard has played PoE.

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 3 users