Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They really screwed up releasing the patch and not starting the season at the same time. Resetting the power curve for a season really isn't that big a deal IF you do at the same time. Letting it stew for a couple days on old characters is just a really really bad idea.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but outside of MMOs where mounts are just a run speed increase, faster but less maneuverable is standard horse shit.

It's no different than RDR 1/2 or any other horse games I can think of. If it's so bad you just can't deal with them then there's something wrong with you.
I am not kidding at all. Its barely faster than running, gets stuck on tons of tiny geometry, and while it has some small advantages like an initial reduced agro radius, if I am not racing to a world boss, I mostly don't bother with it. It sucks. As Chris mentioned there is a stuttering issue. For me, after it hits something in the geometry, it seems mine will trot at times and not run under any circumstances for a while; Its like WTF WHY IS MY HORSE WALKING. That sucks particularly when its mobs, who can definitely knock you off your mount.
It's just a shit implementation of a mount. Maybe my Barbarian needs to lay off the barbells and twinkies. Again, its my opinion, your experience may differ.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
The horse always acts retarded in towns. If you can’t gallop in towns, why even let us mount up in towns? One quick fix for them would be to only let us summon mounts outside of towns, then the horse automatically unsummons itself once you pass through city gates.

You would still need someone to work on how the horse interacts with objects and geometry. Also up ride speed and galloping at least 100%.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From an outside perspective, it just looks like they ripped the floor out from under the base game in order to make way for the Malignant Seasonal bullshit. I wont be the least bit surprised that everything thats been taken away is being replaced by the Malignant Heart powers. Necromancer's are getting a 75% damage buff from a single fucking heart, ffs. Its the laziest fucking way to introduce this shit and theyre over here acting like they really doing something.

• 10Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 10 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
From an outside perspective, it just looks like they ripped the floor out from under the base game in order to make way for the Malignant Seasonal bullshit. I wont be the least bit surprised that everything thats been taken away is being replaced by the Malignant Heart powers. Necromancer's are getting a 75% damage buff from a single fucking heart, ffs. Its the laziest fucking way to introduce this shit and theyre over here acting like they really doing something.
Yeah this is what i was thinking too, i havent looked at the malignant shit until just now and it seems like a lateral change for a lot of things, but also still fucking over sorcs and rogues lol

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I am not kidding at all. Its barely faster than running, gets stuck on tons of tiny geometry, and while it has some small advantages like an initial reduced agro radius, if I am not racing to a world boss, I mostly don't bother with it. It sucks. As Chris mentioned there is a stuttering issue. For me, after it hits something in the geometry, it seems mine will trot at times and not run under any circumstances for a while; Its like WTF WHY IS MY HORSE WALKING. That sucks particularly when its mobs, who can definitely knock you off your mount.
It's just a shit implementation of a mount. Maybe my Barbarian needs to lay off the barbells and twinkies. Again, its my opinion, your experience may differ.

I get the occasional stop on some random geometry, but it's not THAT often. The stuttering or not being able to move for a few seconds when just starting out is something I've never experienced, so not sure if that's a platform thing or what. It's also a lot faster than your character walking by a pretty wide margin.

My main issue is the CD when you have to dismount in order to climb something. Such a PITA especially when you have to do that several times in a short period

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
helltides are actually bugged, a hotfix is in the works. Basically worthless till it hits tho

Weird, I thought they could hotfix helltides in under an hour. Someone should tell them shakos are dropping

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
My thing with the horse is on a widescreen I don't get full speed all the time when you go south due to the resolution and where the character camera is located.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My thing with the horse is on a widescreen I don't get full speed all the time when you go south due to the resolution and where the character camera is located.

I don't know why they implemented slower speeds at all. If you need more fine-grained positioning, just walk.

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
God this game is amazing. Watching the entire internet reeeee in to the stratosphere is perhaps the best entertainment Blizzard has put out in years.

I wonder if maybe they manage to fuck up D4 enough that the normies finally wake up and realized that Blizzard is dead/has been dead for years.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
God this game is amazing. Watching the entire internet reeeee in to the stratosphere is perhaps the best entertainment Blizzard has put out in years.

I wonder if maybe they manage to fuck up D4 enough that the normies finally wake up and realized that Blizzard is dead/has been dead for years.
I have much more fun bitching about the game than actually playing it, which says all that really needs to be said

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
One quick fix for them would be to only let us summon mounts outside of towns, then the horse automatically unsummons itself once you pass through city gates.

You would still need someone to work on how the horse interacts with objects and geometry. Also up ride speed and galloping at least 100%.
Sorry Chief, we cant do that. How are other people going to see that I bought that $100 horse armor if I cant sit in town next to the port in area!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
They really screwed up releasing the patch and not starting the season at the same time. Resetting the power curve for a season really isn't that big a deal IF you do at the same time. Letting it stew for a couple days on old characters is just a really really bad idea.
This is absolutely right, nerfs are usually fine as long as there are buffs to offset it and if people are making mew characters anyway nobody will notice.

But they hit existing characters and all their active players with this nerf with nothing to make up for it.

It's their lack of QA testing and exploitation players as testers mindset again, they had a few days gap to pick up any serious issues that may have ruined season launch... but ironically they pissed their active players off so much that they ruined season launch.

People are discussing if this is the worst patch of all time and I think this came out as something like the 3rd worst with Star Wars Galaxies NGE being the winner.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This is absolutely right, nerfs are usually fine as long as there are buffs to offset it and if people are making mew characters anyway nobody will notice.

But they hit existing characters and all their active players with this nerf with nothing to make up for it.

It's their lack of QA testing and exploitation players as testers mindset again, they had a few days gap to pick up any serious issues that may have ruined season launch... but ironically they pissed their active players off so much that they ruined season launch.

People are discussing if this is the worst patch of all time and I think this came out as something like the 3rd worst with Star Wars Galaxies NGE being the winner.
Not everyone is going to do the season shit anyways. Even dropping the patch along with season release still pisses off everyone in eternal realm that doesn’t give a shit about seasons

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Speaking of mounts, the ghastly mount showed up in my stash, apparently it dropped in my wanderings finishing off altars. Its a spectral horse, supposedly rare, but I don't really care? Why buy a mount if shit like that drops?
Screenshot002.jpg

Don't have to spend a dime on skins in this game, can get a perfectly fine combo from what you get from in game drops. 99% of players aren't even going to notice. Blizzard is funny. (Says the guy that bought Ultimate)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user