Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Is there a way to see current XP numbers/raw values?
xp is dumb and doesn't make sense, the weekend, we start over i try druid and wife does necro. the druid got me dizzy so i made a rogue lvl 1, her lvl 9 necro (like 30minutes of play?)
today was the first time i caught up to her at level 48 (and shes about to hit 49)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
xp is dumb and doesn't make sense, the weekend, we start over i try druid and wife does necro. the druid got me dizzy so i made a rogue lvl 1, her lvl 9 necro (like 30minutes of play?)
today was the first time i caught up to her at level 48 (and shes about to hit 49)
Have you ever asked some old dude for directions and then regretted it almost immediately?

• 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
the druid got me dizzy
Mood What GIF by NBC

• 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't watch dude at all, but the fact that people with this kind of reach are leaving the game speaks volumes, should have been such a better launch :(
Not to defend the game in any way but he quits everything nowadays.

I would probably hate the game if I was in some Min/max mode. But I kinda fell off that after I quit EQ, I've never been able to grind anything as much as I did back then. I'm perfectly fine killing shit trying to get the build up and running then I usally just get bored and quit. The same as in PoE, don't think I ever lasted past getting to red maps. Having fun on the Rogue but as I am approaching T4 I think my interest will fizzle out. Having activated the Battle pass I might as well grind that out before I quit S1.

The devs do seem really clueless in what they even want the game to be. It looks to be an open beta in how they patch and change things that should have been decided long ago.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Asmon went into a lot of detail of why he quit. Looks bad when a large streamer stops playing your game saying it is basically not fun.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Asmon went into a lot of detail of why he quit. Looks bad when a large streamer stops playing your game saying it is basically not fun.

It isn't fun - it's a slog - everyone here knows that and there isn't any defending it. Asmon sucks at games and that is his schtick, but even then the bitching everywehre is stopping - and that is when a game falls off the radar.

Blizzard doesn't care, they made enough in box sales to turn a huge profit so combine ineptitude at all levels of the organization, a buyout from MS and impending layoffs after, they don't give two flying fucks.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Microsoft might be pissed considering its looking like their big purchase amounts to a few burned out franchises that were overmilked and Overwatch.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
So much of the game is well done, that's what makes this all so fucking shitty.

Art, music, sound, animations ect 99% well done. Some of the music makes me narrow my eyes, theres one track that always reminds me of Arrival (one with giant squid aliens) then a couple that almost sound like GoT music. Basically had all the essential high quality ingedients, but the the cooks fucked up, and trying to figure out how to blame the stove.

I said I'm having fun, but that's because I lucked out with some high ilvl mostly decent rolled items. Bow was 700ish high dps, nothing has come close since. I say lucked out, no I grinded a lot of shit. 75% of lvl 50 - 59 was doing helltides. Now I can relax for 5-10 levels until the next shitty phase starts again. Even got the dagger unique, which is actually useful to build. I'm gonna try the next capstone for fun later, not expecting success, just see how it goes at 59-62. My barb did it in shitty gear at 63-64.

My build feels too fun, if it's still fun at 70, I'm sure Blizzard is going to nerf something essential to it somehow, faster than the stash tab arrives.

NO FUCKING FUN ALLOWED IN BLIZZARD GAMES.

7t0a58.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Microsoft might be pissed considering its looking like their big purchase amounts to a few burned out franchises that were overmilked and Overwatch.
Do people even play Overwatch?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Leveling is slower than EQ, pretty sure it’s going to take me like a month to get to 100. Just hit 58 and I played 18 hours at work during a crude oil transfer.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My 30s Necro with the auto-cast corpse spells gem is the only thing I've tried so far that's actually fun, but I'm guessing that'll wear off around 50 too.

I think I've gotten my monies worth out of it at this point. I'm not a min/maxer. I'm not competitive in games. Don't hunt achievements and typically never even look at season passes or any of that stuff. I just like blowing shit up while I have a rum n rum and watch Fury for the 50th time.

I'm easy. I spent 10 years being entertained with flying helicopters under bridges in Battlefield 4. I'm fine with running around and auto-assploding corpses for fun.

a crude oil transfer.
I posted this while shitting and I thank you for teaching me this new term, sir. I will use it enthusiastically and excessively.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So much of the game is well done, that's what makes this all so fucking shitty.

Art, music, sound, animations ect 99% well done. Some of the music makes me narrow my eyes, theres one track that always reminds me of Arrival (one with giant squid aliens) then a couple that almost sound like GoT music. Basically had all the essential high quality ingedients, but the the cooks fucked up, and trying to figure out how to blame the stove.

I said I'm having fun, but that's because I lucked out with some high ilvl mostly decent rolled items. Bow was 700ish high dps, nothing has come close since. I say lucked out, no I grinded a lot of shit. 75% of lvl 50 - 59 was doing helltides. Now I can relax for 5-10 levels until the next shitty phase starts again. Even got the dagger unique, which is actually useful to build. I'm gonna try the next capstone for fun later, not expecting success, just see how it goes at 59-62. My barb did it in shitty gear at 63-64.

My build feels too fun, if it's still fun at 70, I'm sure Blizzard is going to nerf something essential to it somehow, faster than the stash tab arrives.

NO FUCKING FUN ALLOWED IN BLIZZARD GAMES.

View attachment 483954

I'll say this, while yes Blizzard tends to kick ass at the engine/physics, animations/effects, and the overall feel of the game, D4 inexplicably has many char abilities that do not feel fun. I tried a shock sorcerer and none of the zappy abilities feel good. Chain lightning is 100% objectively worse than D3's iteration of it, and Ball Lightning is a joke with how slow it pulses, the D3 Demon Hunter ability that did the same thing was WAY better.

This goes for many other abilities across other classes. Whether it's poor sound effects that don't give the ability enough "oomph" (I think this is a huge issue for many abilities), bad animations, or flat out broken and under-powered stuff like the aforementioned ball lightning and chain lightning, they really missed the mark on a lot of shit.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I'll say this, while yes Blizzard tends to kick ass at the engine/physics, animations/effects, and the overall feel of the game, D4 inexplicably has many char abilities that do not feel fun. I tried a shock sorcerer and none of the zappy abilities feel good. Chain lightning is 100% objectively worse than D3's iteration of it, and Ball Lightning is a joke with how slow it pulses, the D3 Demon Hunter ability that did the same thing was WAY better.

This goes for many other abilities across other classes. Whether it's poor sound effects that don't give the ability enough "oomph" (I think this is a huge issue for many abilities), bad animations, or flat out broken and under-powered stuff like the aforementioned ball lightning and chain lightning, they really missed the mark on a lot of shit.
To add to that, whirlwind didnt feel great to me either.....I'd say that and charge feel better in Immortal actually, lol.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
D4 inexplicably has many char abilities that do not feel fun.

Almost everything feels too slow. Frozen orb has fewer projections that move sluggishly compared to D2/3, just feels bad. Barrage has a similar problem with weirdly fat, slow "arrows". Barbarian lunging strike moves faster. Whirlwind looks like a lazy susan instead of something dangerous.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m still having fun, but it’s pretty clear the game wasn’t finished. Will finish out my pass for this season and probably won’t come back until Season 3 or 4 when they’ve got this thing fleshed out more.

• 1Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
It's unfortunate that the corporate big wigs run Blizzard now. It's pretty obvious when every single design element and change in D4 can be answered with "in order to make more money".

Not enough coins in season pass to buy ANYTHING (lol).
Every change in last patch to slow the game down.
Sneaky Advanced Pass button on Season Window WITHOUT CONFIRMATION BUTTON. Oh, btw, the cursor arrow's default position is right over it!

Brought to you by the same company that gave you Diablo Immortal. The difference is I don't mind it in Immortal, because its FTP and I didn't pay a penny, but I understand they monetize the game to make money in a different way.

But to bring those same systems into a game I paid $70 for? It's not just Blizzard of course, almost every gaming company is trying to make that Fortnite money.

It just sucks to have lived through the era before "live services" and "seasons" were a thing, and now to see where the game industry is heading. When I could just buy a AAA game and enjoy it for what it is. Which is why something like Elden Ring brought so much joy - it was fun, challenging, and at a set price. Nostalgic.

Clearly Blizzard doesn't have the player's best interest in mind, and I honestly don't think it's necessarily the game developers, you could see in their dejected looks at the fireside chat that they don't necessarily buy into what they are pitching, but as a company, unless I see changes making the game actually fun vs. a gatcha type mobile game grind....then I have no interest in giving them any more money. I've gotten my $70 dollars worth, I continue to enjoy the game as a casual, but there is zero chance of me ever dropping a penny for seasonal content if I continue to view them as a malignant company whose primary goal is to separate my money from my wallet rather than valuing my free time and creating a game I can have fun in.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Doubtful. Diablo is just one of a number of billion dollar franchises. Don't confuse bad with simply not for you. The game is far from perfect and needs a lot of work, but it will do well and continue to do well as they make changes season after season. Many will play all of them for the foreseeable future, many will come and go only playing periodically, up to Blizzard to give us reasons to continue doing so - and it won't be for everyone.

1690310944111.png

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Doubtful. Diablo is just one of a number of billion dollar franchises. Don't confuse bad with simply not for you. The game is far from perfect and needs a lot of work, but it will do well and continue to do well as they make changes season after season. Many will play all of them for the foreseeable future, many will come and go only playing periodically, up to Blizzard to give us reasons to continue doing so - and it won't be for everyone.

View attachment 483965

This is FAR to high level of a generalization. Without any breakdown I can tell you for certain that King plays a huge part in the mobile revenue and has nothing to do with Blizzard, and neither do any of the other King games or Mobile games from Activision outside of Diablo Immortal.

This game is pure shit. Even the lead producers/game directors know it and have admitted as such in various ways. Does it matter though would be the more relevant question. And it doesn't. It still sold a metric shit ton. The question at hand is will MS care about GaaS enough to use the install base to it's advantage. Which they have shown complete incompetence for outside of Gamepass which is their TRUE GaaS model. Smoke and mirrors. Why introduce one game with an install base for seasons and ongoing revenue when you can provide a subscription to install any base game you want and sell off that instead and double dip?

Sooner or later this * Does * catch up to product. One can only ride the coattail so long before the bitching stops and the revenue tanks. IE: Bioware. By the time this catches up with Blizzard it won't matter. All the games will be under Gamepass and subject to the same lowest common denominator development cycle everything else has become within the service. IE: Give away the base game, charge for DLC or ultimate at a discount; give away the base game and charge for seasonal; Latest: Give away the base game (In this case Starfield) and upcharge for early access and some trinkets, etc. Either way they make cash on the front end and the back end with lower cost of development on two system platforms. Quality is mediocre on Gamepass by default of the business model. And even if it tanks beyond even what Gamepass is today, will that even matter? What is the latest market percentage on people subscribed to services they do not even remember or forget to cancel.... 61%? "Oops I just got another year of Gamepass shit, I forgot to cancel that".

• 2Like