Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

skylan

Trakanon Raider
Uh oh hey guys there is a 25% extra gold/XP bonus this weekend to compete with Starfield.

"“For those curious where to attribute this newfound boon, look for the new in-game icon beside your potion count that signifies the increased rate of earning Gold and XP,” Blizzard says in its brief. “Stoke the fire, gather round, and rally your most savvy of companions to slay demons with renewed fervor. The Blessed Mother’s cruelty is matched by her generosity, but not for long.”"

What fucking planet do these people live on that anyone gives two shits about being even remotely excited for that broken ass fucking game.

25% faster to absolutely nothing and enough extra gold to fund 1/2 of a reroll that might be any of the 1000 shitty affixes they bloated this game with? Fucking count me in.

It's truly incredible that this company has managed to take a game that "had a decent foundation" and maybe had "some potential" had they done a couple (well maybe more than a couple) of things right, but instead decided to flip a bitch and hit the turbos in the other direction. I've never seen a company just make every wrong decision and completely shit on their product and customers like blizzard has done here. It's not even a couple of bad decisions, it's literally everything they do.

I have to admit I thought some of you guys were a little over the top on the blizzard hate prior to this game but I was so wrong.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I have to admit I thought some of you guys were a little over the top on the blizzard hate prior to this game but I was so wrong.

The word "Hate" is thrown around SO much these days that it's lost it's meaning. Criticism, even extreme levels of it, is considered "hate" now apparently (based on articles outside of FoH).

Everyone here wanted a good Diablo game they could spend thousands of hours in without being beaten to death by shitty company decisions, virtue-platforming, and micro-trans bullshit. It should have been a lay-up for blizzard, a company with 3 games worth of learning experience within the franchise and multitudes more within the confines of other Blizzard franchises (Even more if you count industry wide experience).

The reason for the skepticism was the last 4(?) expansions in WoW + Diablo Immortal + Diablo 3's weak launch + overall drama at Blizz + overall hiring practice at blizzard. All those are pretty damn good reasons for not trusting a company ( which should be the position that everyone STARTS at). People treat these companies like friends they haven't seen in decades suddenly returning, ignorning the shopping cart they are pushing and the needle marks on their arms. Things have changed, these aren't the companies we grew up with, they aren't even the companies of 5-10 years ago, they are obese, bloated corpses of companies that are devoid of reasonable decision making skills and leadership.

I have more faith in Diablo 4 reflection (Emulated server) than I do for diablo 4.

• 4Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What incentive is there for Blizzard to put any effort into what they do when everyone will blindly throw money at them over and over in spite of every misstep they have taken for over a decade?

It was incredibly easy to see this game for what it was if you just bothered to look. But people were still gagging for it so much they paid extra money for early access. And those same people are shocked Blizzard doesn't just "do the obvious" to "fix their game".

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I want to laugh at the blind shills over the past 3-6+ months in this thread who couldn’t wait to get their hands on this game and absolutely refused to even look at the smallest bit of criticism (especially the one or two 🌈 who kept saying “bUt U pLaYeD DI”), but I can’t. This was a train wreck most of us saw coming from so far away that when it did happen there was no entertainment to be had. Just sadness.

Hilarious that the Chinese ended up making what is probably the third best Diablo game in the franchise though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Reading the last few pages of this thread only reinforces my decision to uninstall after the first week.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The word "Hate" is thrown around SO much these days that it's lost it's meaning. Criticism, even extreme levels of it, is considered "hate" now apparently (based on articles outside of FoH).

It was definitely hate. While people are acting like this game fucked their wife and beat their children, they got more hours of fun out of this than most AAA games. It definitely hits a wall where you realize there's no point to any of it and all you're doing is making yourself weaker relative to everything else, and the devs doing their best to seek out whatever people enjoy so they can wreck it, which really kills any desire to play anymore.

If this game ever makes a D3 style comeback, it won't be UNTIL the current sack of shits running it get fired and ONLY IF they get replaced by actual competent people which is a pretty big IF. Then maybe after an expansion or something it could be fun past level 75

Last edited:
  • 4Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It was definitely hate. While people are acting like this game fucked their wife and beat their children, they got more hours of fun out of this than most AAA games. It definitely hits a wall where you realize there's no point to any of it and all you're doing is making yourself weaker relative to everything else, and the devs doing their best to seek out whatever people enjoy so they can wreck it, which really kills any desire to play anymore.

If this game ever backs a D3 style comeback, it won't be UNTIL the current sack of shits running it get fired and ONLY IF they get replaced by actual competent people which is a pretty big IF. Then maybe after an expansion or something it could be fun past level 75
Ha, I dont think anyones paying attention to the same people that have been shitting on the game the whole time. Most of us said we were going to play it just to play with friends and make new ones. The price of admission is worth that at the very least. Vultures circle jerking about the games poor state and saying I told you so two months after the games release is just disingenuous and a bit retarded.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

If this game ever backs a D3 style comeback, it won't be UNTIL the current sack of shits running it get fired and ONLY IF they get replaced by actual competent people which is a pretty big IF. Then maybe after an expansion or something it could be fun past level 75
Yeah I just hit 98 and I haven't seen a good upgrade in 20 levels, if it wasnt for Uber Lillith attempts I wouldn't even still be playing. Up to T80 with the Berserk Ripping aspect, and it really is surprisingly fun, or it would be if upgrades weren't next to impossible.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

Playing a game because it is fun and playing a game to GET TO the fun are two wildly different things.

Most hate the opportunity wasted.

They hate the franchise not living up to the clear and obvious over-hype.

They hate the franchise not living up to basic expectations based on prior releases.

They still bought the game because...they don't hate it and had hope that maybe their fears and assumptions based on prior releases was unfounded.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Playing a game because it is fun and playing a game to GET TO the fun are two wildly different things.

Most hate the opportunity wasted.

They hate the franchise not living up to the clear and obvious over-hype.

They hate the franchise not living up to basic expectations based on prior releases.

They still bought the game because...they don't hate it and had hope that maybe their fears and assumptions based on prior releases was unfounded.

Think you misread what I meant. The game is currently fun UNTIL around 75, not starting at 75.

I also agree with most of what you said, but that's not the "hate" we're talking about. There were some retards that would attack everyone enjoying the game and whenever anyone gave the most minor complaint they'd swoop in with "SEE?? TOLD YOU RETARDS THAT EVERYTHING'S SHIT!!!"

Everyone that bought it hoped for more, but it's still objective reality that, despite that, most people got their money's worth

• 3Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Compared to the D3 launch, I'd guess this was still the better game. Years of experience on what was right and what brought people in over the past 29 D3 leagues, it'd be easy to basically continue on with that story in the same engine with better polish/concepts. Bummer they made such a big pile of shit (from what I've seen, won't buy it till its discounted as hell or fun season).

Curious to see how much they made purely on the MTX side of it, as I think that will determine how quickly they may make radical shifts in employment and direction. Easier for manager_x to say "People just spent $70+, of course MTX will be low this first league or three" but at a certain point, someone will probably say bigger boobs, less armor, fuck the uggo faces and make some crazy shit happen.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

If this game ever makes a D3 style comeback, it won't be UNTIL the current sack of shits running it get fired and ONLY IF they get replaced by actual competent people which is a pretty big IF. Then maybe after an expansion or something it could be fun past level 75

Outside the same ol' people ripping the game even before they even played the game a DECENT amount, I thought it was a mixed bag as far as the reaction to how the game was initially received. The flaws were clearly obvious and easily resolved. They did nothing at all to resolve those issues. Though it looks like season two fixes SOME of that shit, the underlying problem of too many affixes will always be the core issue no matter what they do to fix the ancillary shit.

The fun being seeked out and removed is definitely a product of a weak LEADERSHIP team along with a meh dev team, that has no idea how to test and balance their game. They just don't know Diablo style games. I'll use Barbers. They had no idea how to deal with barbers even before season one launched and it absolutely shows.

They have no idea how to balance classes. I will use Barbarian because that's all I played up to 100. They buffed the wrong builds. One was already OP and the other buffed so little it's still useless. While the others are laughably bad no one bothers. They "fixed" HOTA making it useless. Instead of upping the damage to levels that make it more than viable after the fix, they just made it useless without the bug.

I could go on and on, but we all know the story by now.

• 4Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Think you misread what I meant. The game is currently fun UNTIL around 75, not starting at 75.

I also agree with most of what you said, but that's not the "hate" we're talking about. There were some retards that would attack everyone enjoying the game and whenever anyone gave the most minor complaint they'd swoop in with "SEE?? TOLD YOU RETARDS THAT EVERYTHING'S SHIT!!!"

Everyone that bought it hoped for more, but it's still objective reality that, despite that, most people got their money's worth

That makes much more sense. I misread you also. Level 80 is exactly where I stopped getting any upgrades. NONE. ZERO. NADA. So yup. 100% agree.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Got her........cheesy or not, shit felt good. Took way more tries than I'd like to admit.

• 3Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
God I hate the design of that fight. She really just flies around invincible for like 5 minutes taking shots at you?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users