Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
So did they do ANYTHING to make the game better in the last month or so?
Not to my knowledge, expecting the S2 announcement to barely have much added either, will probably check back in a year or so.

Was really excited to try a rogue for my next season, but I doubt it'll be anytime soon.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
they haven't uploaded anymore cringy dev videos in a month
af2ae84faab877c2eb2fc7b421618f78.png

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I expect anything they do thats noteworthy, you'll know about through advertisements. If anything, the biggest news was the increase in exp rates and.. that was just a patch that reverted the nerfs that an earlier patch did.

Chris

Potato del Grande
This game was advertised as a long-term live service game that would be monetized with micro transactions and become a staple of the genre. The cope that some people had fun for a few hours so it's a success is a hilarious dismissal of the scope of failure as set by the publisher themselves.
Yeah.

Games can be like an immediate thrill rollercoaster, a satisfying long term sense of accomplishment, or a mix of the two.

RPG players, especially ones who play MMOs, are used to playing a lower quality initial game in exchange for that long term reward.

They sold us that long term game, doubled down with the microtransactions and seasons which signal that even more, then said "oops we should have managed your expectations of what this was" implying that then never planned to add much of anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Almost everyone that actually played it agrees it was a lot of fun until it wasn't. Why retards like @Penance have some autistic sperg out where everyone needs to pretend like that's not the case is anyone's guess, or how he gets the idea that anyone who criticizes the game is attacked.

Everyone criticizes the game, but it's the rewriting of history that's stupid
I think I said this very thing on the cusp of release; when the debate was raging about the play testing and balance and longevity of the game, I said we should play it as long as it is fun and stop when it isn't. What became clear was Blizzard design efforts to make the game take longer, have more "engagement" ie more grind and less fun, NM dungeons as the endgame, and corporate shenanigans going on with the gameplay, Live Team constant nerfs that would have made Verant blush with embarrassment, the overload of affixes designed to drive item grind, etc.

That killed any desire I had to play despite the moment to moment gameplay being incredibly fun; I really enjoyed the time I had with each of the classes I played (Barb, rogue, and lesser extent Druid) and looked forward to a knight style class with what that would bring.

Live Service/GAAS/MTX and Blizzard being greedy fucks killed D4. Designing a game to frustrate your players and keep them pressing buttons deliberately as a strategy to earn money, rather than making a great game and selling more of it is what killed D4. Its not art as commerce or even selling entertainment, its a rat trap disguised as entertainment and the customers can smell the rat.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I haven't logged in almost a month. Not missing this game. I'll say it was worth my money overall, but it for sure does not have the long term playability like D3.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I expect anything they do thats noteworthy, you'll know about through advertisements. If anything, the biggest news was the increase in exp rates and.. that was just a patch that reverted the nerfs that an earlier patch did.
XP increase amounts to 60 minutes less time to get to 100.

lel

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They're like those people who aren't funny at billboards and signs trying to be funny.

007ccb334dd8b6cdcf46e11bab22028d.jpg

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If they're saying committing suicide is a life hack for Monday blues, then that's actually awesome and the best thing out of Blizzard since Diablo 2

• 1Potato

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Just to make my own fun, I killed Lillith with broken equipment. Didn't take as long as I thought it would, and I had to do it twice because the first didn't record.

Game is dead unless S2 is way more than we all expect. Sounds Almost identical to season 1 with a way to target farm uber uniques and a few more "bosses"

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If you bought a car and it was good for the first 40-60 miles, how would you classify it?

This might be the single dumbest analogy anyone's ever made.

Nice. But what about a house?? Can you imagine only getting 40-60 days out of a house you bought? That's would be nuts!

• 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This might be the single dumbest analogy anyone's ever made.

Nice. But what about a house?? Can you imagine only getting 40-60 days out of a house you bought? That's would be nuts!
Yes that would be nuts. It's almost like a game that was sold as a thousand hour live service being good for 40-60 hours.

• 1Truth!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yes that would be nuts. It's almost like a game that was sold as a thousand hour live service being good for 40-60 hours.

Really? It's almost the same thing? Maybe you should lay off analogies until you figure out how they work.

Very few games give more than 40-60 hours of entertainment, which is why people that actually played it can feel disappointed while also not regretting the box price.

The fact that that triggers some people so much is a sign of mental health issues

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Really? It's almost the same thing? Maybe you should lay off analogies until you figure out how they work.

Very few games give more than 40-60 hours of entertainment, which is why people that actually played it can feel disappointed while also not regretting the box price.

Blizzard set the expectations for the product, not I. To give you an analogy it's like a bus driver saying he's going straight to the airport but then actually following the roads and taking normal turns. Clearly he wasn't going straight there.

• 1Truth!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Blizzard set the expectations for the product, not I. To give you an analogy it's like a bus driver saying he's going straight to the airport but then actually following the roads and taking normal turns. Clearly he wasn't going straight there.

Better analogy would be the bus driver telling you it's a 20 minute drive and an uber driver tells you he'll get there twice as fast and charges the same amount, but then you both arrive at the same time.