Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Theres going to be some kind of fuckery involved with Diablo 4. If the Diablo 3 auction house had released in today's atmosphere, I dont think people would be all that shocked. I just dont see the point in raging about theories until we have some actual hard evidence as to whats going to be available.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That gameplay boosts is questionsble. Hopefully it’s extra XP for alts.
Can you not read? The gameplay boosts are part of the free tier of the Season Pass.

Do you not know how Season Passes work? There's always a free tier and a paid tier.

• 1Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
D2 was peak Diablo. its No longer about how do we make a great game. It’s all about how many ways can we monetize it. Too many suits chasing the dollars.

• 9Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
D4 seasonal gameplay loop

1. season starts
2. boost to max level, or as close to it as possible
3. do all the new "kill x number of crap" quests
4. run rifts
5. chew thru time gating
6. run more rifts
7. run even more rifts
8. season ends
9. revert back to point 1

PoE has unique over arching league mechanic. Unless D4 does that, they are fucked.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Quin also raised a valid concern about the Season pass and some other reward mechanics: are you forced to log in every day like Immortal to get all the things from the pass?

Also paying for a season pass and getting something in the end does not make it "free", sorry.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
if they're already outing themselves this far out, it's going to be so much worse

This. People often overlook the original gem system in Immortal didn't have Combat Rating tied to it.

That aspect of pay2win was snuck in 2 weeks before launch and wasn't even presented to beta testers over a year of testing. They know what they are doing.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This game is going to be ass. It will probably be very pretty though, but they start with "how do we rape customers" instead of "how do we make a great game." That's the key difference between this Blizzard and the company that made some of the best shit of all time.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Won’t happen. It’s a transmog system not items. They pretty much copy/pasted PoE MTX shop.
I have no problem with them copying what works.

But D4 will absolutely have a box price of $60 or more and there is also no way in shit their content creation would match POE's.

In my like 400 hours of playing POE and beating Uber Elder (haven't really played it since) I bought nothing but inventory tabs.

So $60 and a $X battlepass and $Y in MTX (where they will probably put QOL items at least to the extent of POE's inventory tabs)... Yeah...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
After the cash grab that is Diablo Immortal I interpret everything they say about microtransactions with cynicism. When it is released without whaling I'll take a look.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This company is fucking trash. Releasing a game update all about monetization disgusts me. Go fuck yourselves.

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
If you thought this was going to be good you have no one but yourself to blame.

blizzard will never again be blizzard north.

Stop fucking giving them money.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This company is fucking trash. Releasing a game update all about monetization disgusts me. Go fuck yourselves.
This is just the sad state of the video game industry. Mobile games like Candy Crush straight up print billions of dollars. So this is where all the time and effort go.

The actual game studios where they're nerds who just like video games are few and far between. Elden Ring being a huge breath of fresh air in that regard. But you can't make a game like Elden Ring without a string of major successes under your belt.

• 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If you thought this was going to be good you have no one but yourself to blame.

blizzard will never again be blizzard north.

Stop fucking giving them money.
I didn’t have any expectations for it at all, and haven’t given them money since D3. Just the update purely about monetization disgusted me is all.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
It is not just Activision Blizzard, look at how monetization changes the gaming industry as a whole in the past 10-20 years. Blame the godfather of DLC. Can you imagine for as low as $10 you can change cosmetic for Minsc/Boo in Baldur's Gate? Or perhaps you want a fresh new look on your towncenter in Age of Empire?

Swipe your credit card now, it's all players fault ultimately.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I'm bored about MTX, running around like a fucking hobo on Fentanyl in POE for 47 years, and now it's Diablo turn. You gonna looks like shit unless you buy a MTX armor. In a loot oriented video game, it's kinda sad. At least POE is f2P.
I really hope it's the last stand of "Blizzard" before this company is shut down for good.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users