Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Just about wrapped up leveling Sorc before I got trapped in an instanced zone and had to exit and come back to an hour que.

It's going to be really hard to tell if this is worth a dick without getting into end game. It feels like every ARPG that has ever existed in the early game minus the fact I have to see other idiots in the world and the other always online features that do nothing but cause the game to shit the bed.

Game runs and looks OK @ 4k maxed. Only stuttering/hitching I've seen has been transitioning from over world in/out of towns etc.

The dungeons are moderately interesting and some of the end bosses are definitely not faceroll easy that I've run into which makes me hopeful that there is a challenge at end game, but it is more likely a condition of being low level.

Mine weren't. Friend was in party, and I tried to give it to him right away, no dice. Also tried to use the trade function.

All loot is personal loot and there will be no trading of legendary gear.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
All 3 of my legendary are account bound. Not sure if it was tradable tho. I think the game will tailor to drop gear whatever your current class is.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Watched a few streams, hard to keep myself awake. Totally looking forward to give Actiblizz woketards not even a single cent&fuck for this boring D3 reskin. It has the same fundamental problem as D3: 10 years too late.
Also, WTF is this shit icon gfx? Diversity hires at work I guess:
View attachment 464014

Exactly. D4 wouldn't get as much criticism if it released years ago. "10 Years Late: A Diablo 3 Story" just isn't going to blow any doors off.

I might have to reconsider my 10m first month prediction. I think it can still hit 10m in sales, but it'll be a few months.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
635k viewers on Twitch so this probably will beat D3 day 1 sales. Even with all the login issues.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
After watching a few streams, meh I'm gunna wait. Nothing that comes from a day 1 purchase will be good times. 5 hour queue times, Crashes back out into a 5 hour queue, bugs that break the game forcing you to quit out into a 5 hour queue. I don't even wanna think about the lore because you know that got a fresh injection of woke bullshit.

Waiting a month or so also gives them time to fuck things up with announcements like seasonal DLC. So sick of people selling "Seasonal" content like they are doing anything meaningful with their game. Double that bullshit with putting content in "Vaults" after X time just to increase seasonal sales through pressure-tactics, BECAUSE WHO DOESN'T LOVE PRESSURE SALES, I know when I buy a car I always look for the asshole that will convince me that air conditioning is the new NEW and is worth an extra 15,000 on top of MSRP! Included in my vidya games now? YES PLEASE!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Watched a few streams, hard to keep myself awake. Totally looking forward to give Actiblizz woketards not even a single cent&fuck for this boring D3 reskin. It has the same fundamental problem as D3: 10 years too late.
Also, WTF is this shit icon gfx? Diversity hires at work I guess:
View attachment 464014
wtf_is_this_shit.png

• 9Worf
  • 2Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So i'm getting mixed opinions from the thread. Is this Diablo 3+ or is this DiabLost Ark? Little bit of both?

I'd probably prefer diablo3+ to diablost ark, altho if it actually is a controller game and sucks on kbm then I probably won't buy it after all. I play pc, if I wanted to use a gd controller i'd buy a console.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So i'm getting mixed opinions from the thread. Is this Diablo 3+ or is this DiabLost Ark? Little bit of both?

I'd probably prefer diablo3+ to diablost ark, altho if it actually is a controller game and sucks on kbm then I probably won't buy it after all. I play pc, if I wanted to use a gd controller i'd buy a console.

It's path of diablo.

Juvarisx

Florida

It's more of a traditional ARPG then Lost Ark is but has open world elements like Lost Ark has (world bosses for example). IDK WHy people are calling it a d3 skin, it isnt. Combat feels different, there are a pile of skill choices and upgrades far beyond runes and the paragon board is not generic +more stats. Itemization has the potential to be more interesting as well, the legendary effects seen so far are not just make x skill do 20,000% more damage.

They were not out trying to ape POE which would have been dumb for a pile of reasons, but its closer to that game then Diablo 3 ever was. The end game loop is supposedly pretty much like maps but we obviously haven't seen it yet.

I find using the controller easier since I couldn't get the mousewheel trick from D3 to work here and clicking like a retard is exhausting in my old age lol. It works very well, but the streamers you see are most likely not using a controller and are moving around fine.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watching Kripp at the moment, he's not having much fun playing melee (barb) :p.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Same here, and he cannot skip cutscenes. They had 11 years to fix that bullshit. Game is trash, I'm out.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Asmongold got a really dope legendary as a Barb that summons fire tornadoes when he whirlwinds and seems to be melting everything.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is kind of scratching my ADHD a bit. Filling up the Codex of Power shit for the bonuses is some fiendish "gotta have it" type shit. Getting legendaries that I wont have enough points to get the abilities blows fucking ass though. Have an OP Lego staff that by itself is great, but its main attribute is for Avalanche.. wayyyy tf down the in the bottom.

Sorcerer is no surprise though. Have teleport with damage mitigation + AoE damage, and a fire shield that grants invulnerability on a short cool down.

I am getting a laugh at the people that parachuted into the thread, said they aint playing this garbage. Then pop up now saying they cant stand playing the game and that it sucks. This forum is getting so fucking predictable.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's more of a traditional ARPG then Lost Ark is but has open world elements like Lost Ark has (world bosses for example). IDK WHy people are calling it a d3 skin, it isnt. Combat feels different, there are a pile of skill choices and upgrades far beyond runes and the paragon board is not generic +more stats. Itemization has the potential to be more interesting as well, the legendary effects seen so far are not just make x skill do 20,000% more damage.

They were not out trying to ape POE which would have been dumb for a pile of reasons, but its closer to that game then Diablo 3 ever was. The end game loop is supposedly pretty much like maps but we obviously haven't seen it yet.

I find using the controller easier since I couldn't get the mousewheel trick from D3 to work here and clicking like a retard is exhausting in my old age lol. It works very well, but the streamers you see are most likely not using a controller and are moving around fine.
POE-lite is honestly a good place for D4 to be.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Some of these codex powers are hilarious

"After swapping weapon 6 times gain X"

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
The dungeons are moderately interesting and some of the end bosses are definitely not faceroll easy that I've run into which makes me hopeful that there is a challenge at end game, but it is more likely a condition of being low level.

This is why I absolutely despise hardcore. Having to design the game around there being a HC mode is so bad.

Game is pretty damn solid so far honestly. I've had zero issues whatsoever and this melee rogue build I'm using is wrecking shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Memory leak seems to be related to the 4k textures. Every site says "switch to medium res texture for now".

• 1Dislike