Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Why would you assume each class only has 1 viable build? I bet they can all use any of their skills and do level 10 content no problem. That's all that matters, right, or is that only for PoE when i'm saying not all builds are viable for all content as people (you) claim there are "hundreds and hundreds" of viable builds?

• 1Picard
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You are the most dense fucking moron on this forum and that's saying a lot. Most appropriate profile pic as well.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
To anyone who's looking to try out Druid this coming weekend:

Capture.PNG

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There is ALWAYS a best build.
To me, the most interesting phase of any ARPG is when you have X limited selection of high-quality items, and you have to find the best possible build using the items you currently have, to farm the content you're currently farming, in order to get items to expand your selection of best possible builds. To me, it is like playing limited formats in MTG, you are working with what you have and trying to assemble the best spec (aka deck) based on what you've been lucky enough to find so far.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
So I have been reading a lot of the reviews here. Is it safe to say that Epoch might actually be the better game? Nothing about how this game is getting reviewed lends to me wanting to spend any time bothering with it, even for free.(This coming weekend).
You’re reading a lot of reviews but apparently only paying attention to the negative ones. A lot of people like D4 and you can find plenty of criticism for Epoch if you look.

• 1Like

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I loved D2 but never went past the first act in Hell, mostly cause I played a sorc and got fist fucked by immune mobs. Still love the game
Played a bit of D3 but the game was too shallow to me. Can't wait to try D4 this weekend but I won't preorder it.
I can't get myself to play PoE any more; since heist, I create a char, play until act 6-7 then just quit. They should really rework the complete leveling experience.
But I don't think I ever had more fun in an ARPG than playing an Oro's flicker strike build during delve. Warping around exploding shits with the risk of ending across a rift and getting eaten alive by unkillable monster was super fun.

• 1Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I loved D2 but never went past the first act in Hell, mostly cause I played a sorc and got fist fucked by immune mobs. Still love the game
Played a bit of D3 but the game was too shallow to me. Can't wait to try D4 this weekend but I won't preorder it.
I can't get myself to play PoE any more; since heist, I create a char, play until act 6-7 then just quit. They should really rework the complete leveling experience.
But I don't think I ever had more fun in an ARPG than playing an Oro's flicker strike build during delve. Warping around exploding shits with the risk of ending across a rift and getting eaten alive by unkillable monster was super fun.

I played a Sorcerer this weekend. Didn't get the full experience since I had my son this weekend, but I made it to level 20. The quest system is solid. It plays more like... Diablocraft? It has a few main quest lines during the beta, and tons of side-quests. I loved the environment, game ran smoothly up til the last few hours of beta. I tried to participate in the Asheara or whatever world boss, but all of us combined were barely scratching it. Seeing other players doesn't disrupt the single-player experience, which I'm glad for. Wasn't competing for anything really. Crafting so far is simple, salvage/repair/upgrade at blacksmith, didn't see an option to create new items at smith. Alchemist can upgrade your health potions, and you can create one time potions for different effects.

I can't wait to try the Necro this weekend if it's available. I did pre-order the game, and so far it's grabbed my attention from gameplay and storyline more than D3 ever could.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Even for FOH standards you guys have really turned this thread into a pile of shit. Arguing over your own personal preferences of arpg playstyle. Arguing semantics on what exact number of viable builds various arpgs have. Arguing over everyone’s personal definition of fun. Arguing over your own personal definition of what makes an arpg successful or not.

Bravo retards, bravo.

• 12Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 16 users

skylan

Trakanon Raider
Even for FOH standards you guys have really turned this thread into a pile of shit. Arguing over your own personal preferences of arpg playstyle. Arguing semantics on what exact number of viable builds various arpgs have. Arguing over everyone’s personal definition of fun. Arguing over your own personal definition of what makes an arpg successful or not.

Bravo retards, bravo.
Yea, I was just looking for feedback on the gameplay. I didn't realize arpg had to adhere to strict guidelines when it comes to items and specs (admitedly the last arpg I played was D3, so I've missed the whole PoE / Grim Dawn / Last Epoch phases). This type of arguing is probably why game companies are afraid to try anything new and we keep getting cookie cutter rehashes of the same shit over and over. Id rather have a fun game with 1 viable spec than a mediocre one that caters to the infinite possibilities crowd. That's just me though, I don't really play games for hundreds of hours anymore, I'm fairly sure I have video game ADD.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
To anyone who's looking to try out Druid this coming weekend:

View attachment 464873
Ya same shit happened with barbarian and while it's pretty fucking dumb it won't really have any affect over their ability to do all of the content. Not sure why they wouldn't just put in a quest NPC that basically automatically gives them the ability and just put a disclaimer that it's not the actual quest or something.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Bro, you read my fucking mind.

Xevy Xevy I spoiler'd a few screenshots from the POE forums where it showed about 50-75 different builds from across the classes. There was no response to that. They are spouting the same shit about us white knighting POE and ignoring the fact that we want D4 to be different and good.

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ya same shit happened with barbarian and while it's pretty fucking dumb it won't really have any affect over their ability to do all of the content. Not sure why they wouldn't just put in a quest NPC that basically automatically gives them the ability and just put a disclaimer that it's not the actual quest or something.

Because that shit isn't finished either.

Tally-Hoo!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
These type of online service games will never be 'finished'.
Yeah but there is a state where one can consider it to be finished for release though. If this thing ships with only story shit 1-50 or whatever, and no end game for instance, I would consider that unfinished. Or if class features are not fully in yet. Or balance is way out of whack...etc... Of course service games are never finished but there is a threshold they need to meet at release though, get me?

• 1Picard

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
The state where one can consider is highly subjective. Just because you think it's finished/unfinished doesn't necessary mean other is obligated to feel the same.

It's like arguing which one is better, rice vs bread vs potato vs noodle. get me?

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The state where one can consider is highly subjective. Just because you think it's finished/unfinished doesn't necessary mean other feel the same.

It's like arguing which one is better, rice vs bread vs potato vs noodle. get me?
Come on man, what you are saying is dumb right now. How is having end game and all the class features in at release subjective for it to be considered ready for release?

• 1Picard
  • 1Like