Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Most major chains will just slowly transition out of the state - it's going to cost them millions. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the more profitable stores are allowed to 'stick around", biding time for full automation, whereby they can transition them over. Mom & Pop style "local" joints are definitely going to die but that was already happening in CA prior to this.
Mom and Pop businesses have been having their throat slit for the last 3 years against the corporate funded bureaucracy of the government. Not surprised.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Eating out anywhere these days is absurd. I went to IHOP last year and they want like $17 for a couple pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I walked out.

Daidraco

Eating out anywhere these days is absurd. I went to IHOP last year and they want like $17 for a couple pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I walked out.
I havent enjoyed eating there in quite a while. If I wanted fruity tooty fresh and fruity, kiss my ass and call me trudy kind of fucking pancakes - Id just eat Fruity Pebbles for a fraction of the price. All their shit is poorly cooked and filled to the brim with sugar. If Im going to be around some trashy people, I'll just eat at Waffle House and get an All Star for like 10 bucks with its mountain of food. Waffle House looks packed every weekend now, and the roads around the scrap yards are fucked up - both signs that the economy is in the shitter.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
P. Terry's is king. Burger, fries, and drink in 30 seconds for $8 in TX.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I hope people learn to adjust their tips. When minimum wage for hamburger flippers goes up to $22/hour, then there is no doubt the restaurants will raise prices to compensate. So now you are going to tip on a higher total bill. But why do you need to? Since the restaurant is now paying "fair wages" to their employees, there isn't a need to tip as much since you don't have to subsidise their earnings anymore. Wishful thinking, but I personally will be bringing my tip percentage down if prices keep increasing.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You sound like you think restaurants/fast food are the only places raising their prices and somehow restaurant staff are on the road to becoming the rich upper middle class because of this.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You sound like you think restaurants/fast food are the only places raising their prices and somehow restaurant staff are on the road to becoming the rich upper middle class because of this.

It's what they bitched about and now they got it - so livable wage flipping burgers for $22/hour. Which means I'll stop going there.

Albeit we all know the real reason: The government was losing billions of tax revenue with unclaimed tips, so they drummed up some paid protesters and lip service social media people to scream from the roof tops about not having a livable wage while most people in the service industry didn't want anything to do with it because they knew they were far better of as it was.

Now prices just go up for everyone anyway and they are jammed right where they were at before. Except now they get to pay more taxes. Welcome to economic reality.

Daidraco

I think its more on the complaint about tipping culture in the US and how toxic that shit has gotten. Which hell, anyone that turns an iPad around to face me is lucky I dont cancel my order and walk tf out right then and there.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

No, but they are one of the few businesses that refuse to pay their employees higher wages because they know customers subsidize their wages with tips. So in the past, the owners could pay them minumum wage, or even below minimum wage, and expect the rest of us to make up their salaries and benefits.

Guess what? Now that you can earn $45k a year flipping burgers, I'm not seeing the need for me to subsidize you another 15% or higher. No one says they are going to be upper middle or anything like that, that's a strawman argument no one is making. You make $40k-$45k a year flipping burgers that seems like plenty to me.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What? I had a long response typed up but on second thought I think you just honestly have no clue what you're talking about or how tips and the food service industry work.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thought I was dreaming or something and clicked on the fast food thread instead. Had to double check.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
A game thread here isn't a game thread if at least once a month it doesn't devolve into a fast food analogy.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's not hard. I don't get In-N-Out at all. It's just... not good. Even by fast food standards.

I had a guildleader that only wore In and Out shirts and would post pictures of himself there. No normal pics, just pics of him eating at In and Out. It's like a religion.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's what they bitched about and now they got it - so livable wage flipping burgers for $22/hour. Which means I'll stop going there.

Albeit we all know the real reason: The government was losing billions of tax revenue with unclaimed tips, so they drummed up some paid protesters and lip service social media people to scream from the roof tops about not having a livable wage while most people in the service industry didn't want anything to do with it because they knew they were far better of as it was.

Now prices just go up for everyone anyway and they are jammed right where they were at before. Except now they get to pay more taxes. Welcome to economic reality.
That helps the ugly people who are waitress/waiters, which makes sense since the good looking ones quit for onlyfans and added a series of zero's to their normal income anyway.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What? I had a long response typed up but on second thought I think you just honestly have no clue what you're talking about or how tips and the food service industry work.
So please explain what were missing here. Its literally the bottom of the barrel non skill work. I flipped burgers when I was 15. In the past only teenagers and younger people which needed supplement $$ while going to college worked those jobs. The McDs I woorked at was 95% teenagers and 1 adult manager babysitting us so we would not burn the lace down.Now its all adults and it seems like they want to make this into a career or some shit. And yeah hes right, they want to be paid $20/hr and get fucking tips on top of this?

My wife was a waitress when younger, like 19-20 (going to college) and she was pulling down mad money because of tips. She said some nights she would clear like $200-$250 and this was back in the late 80s. It weas enough that she bought herself a new car and had a condo. And yeah she was making below minimum wage at the time.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users