Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I havent enjoyed eating there in quite a while. If I wanted fruity tooty fresh and fruity, kiss my ass and call me trudy kind of fucking pancakes - Id just eat Fruity Pebbles for a fraction of the price. All their shit is poorly cooked and filled to the brim with sugar. If Im going to be around some trashy people, I'll just eat at Waffle House and get an All Star for like 10 bucks with its mountain of food. Waffle House looks packed every weekend now, and the roads around the scrap yards are fucked up - both signs that the economy is in the shitter.

1683584264957.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've been in the food and beverage industry over 20 years. At no time are tipped employees paid less than federal minimum wage. Sure, their hourly rate was $2.13 an hr, but the wages they received for working far outweighed the $4.25 - $7.25 that it had been since the early 90s.

If a server was to ever claim tips that came out to be less than the federal minimum wage, then the companies were required to adjust their hourly rate to match minimum wage.

People think that restaurants just print fucking money. The store I ran in TN brought in over $8 million a year in revenue, but only $500k -750k in profit. For a billionaire owner, it's not even worth staying in business.

Most restaurants run a razor thin margin and only make profit if they keep the volume up.

" Burger flippers " were never a tipped position anyways and typically the cooks were paid more by the restaurant than anyone else short of mngt.

Most casual or sit down restaurants would never be able to survive without the tipping culture bringing actual wages paid for front of the house staff down to a reasonable lvl. These servers and bartenders bitching about min wage are making more than the salaried managers for the number of hours worked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's like one industry never figured out how to raise prices to appropriately pay workers (that you are paying ANYWAY in the form of tips), while every single other industry factors that in. So weird.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
every other industry?

let's talk about Uber/Lyft drivers for a fucking second.

j/k i really dont want this derail to continue.

who wants to bet on what the most OP class at endgame will be?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's always wizard. I will play a barbarian because I'm a masochist.
I don't know why, but I always play Melee in ARPGs even though it's usually inferior, and sometimes unplayable. Probably gives me a bad impression of games. I remember dropping POE when its melee rubberbanding basically made shit unplayable, when I could have just switched to ranged instead.

• 2Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
every other industry?

let's talk about Uber/Lyft drivers for a fucking second.

j/k i really dont want this derail to continue.

who wants to bet on what the most OP class at endgame will be?
Barbarian is the endgame beast right now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You should give PoE another try. They fixed the rubberbanding. Not the melee though.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Playing a Sorcerer because Im sure it'll be a fuck ton easier to solo farm shit with one over any other class. We've all got the vibe from the game that there is going to be bars to fill in the game - so might as well do it with a class thats easiest.

Whenever the girlfriend decides to play, though - Im going to be playing a Druid. Just so she can play her Necromancer and feel like a God standing next to a retarded fat guy. (Low key expecting the Druid to be buffed into a literal fucking juggernaut, too.)

clfzqpbxu0004mi08ko3818h5_1

• 2Worf

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Necros make the best restaurant managers. You never have to worry about living wages for the skellingtons and golems.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Eating out anywhere these days is absurd. I went to IHOP last year and they want like $17 for a couple pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I walked out.

I went to Wolfgang's in Manhattan. My better half and myself. Night came to $400 after tip. Eating out even on special occasions is crazy nowadays.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Looks like PC version still won't have couch co-op? Some lies about not being able to log in to two battle.net accounts or something. I recall 2 boxing in WoW on one PC no issue, not sure why they can't fix it. PS5 version it is then =\

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So please explain what were missing here. Its literally the bottom of the barrel non skill work. I flipped burgers when I was 15. In the past only teenagers and younger people which needed supplement $$ while going to college worked those jobs. The McDs I woorked at was 95% teenagers and 1 adult manager babysitting us so we would not burn the lace down.Now its all adults and it seems like they want to make this into a career or some shit. And yeah hes right, they want to be paid $20/hr and get fucking tips on top of this?

My wife was a waitress when younger, like 19-20 (going to college) and she was pulling down mad money because of tips. She said some nights she would clear like $200-$250 and this was back in the late 80s. It weas enough that she bought herself a new car and had a condo. And yeah she was making below minimum wage at the time.

Ok lets start with what fucking "burger flippers" are making $45k a year and asking for tips on top? Cause I need to fucking apply there. Ya, servers make good money on tips, and they don't make fucking $22 hourly on top of it. Do you think anyone is going to be serving for $12 an hour plus no tips? Do you think restaurants will just start paying their servers $25 an hour and not increase prices to make up for it? "It's all adults who want to make it into a career" and "Lol its unskilled labor that only retards do, now go make me my dinner for $1 an hour while I do important actual career work that provides no benefit to anybody because i'm an adult" is a stupid argument. You know why these places have a bunch of older people who want to be able to pay their bills and survive? Because they can't hire any 15 year olds to do it for minimum wage.

It's like one industry never figured out how to raise prices to appropriately pay workers (that you are paying ANYWAY in the form of tips), while every single other industry factors that in. So weird.

It's like you missed all the people in this thread who started this by crying about how their combo meal isn't $1.99 any more. So weird.

• 1WTF

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"Manage expectations. You might see some of that feedback addressed toward Season 1..(maybe...)"

Shout out to that new Diablo Immortal content update.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"Manage expectations. You might see some of that feedback addressed toward Season 1..(maybe...)"

Shout out to that new Diablo Immortal content update.
I dont follow D:I. Is that sarcasm, as in there wasnt one when it was promised to be one?