Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
????

Act 1: Fields, Cathedral
Act 2: Desert, Ancient Ruins
Act 3: Jungle, Ruined City
Act 4: Hellscape, Lava Fortress
Act 5: Mountains, Fortress

How is that all variations on the same biome? In fact, typing that out made me realize how different they tried to make each act feel.
ACT 1: Church Desert
ACT 2: Desert Desert
ACT 3: Jungle Desert
ACT 4: Lava Desert
ACT 5: Mountain Desert

• 6Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Not really sure I agree with most of this. I hit 55 last night and started doing Nightmare sigils, including ones that were +20 above my level. They were not difficult. They were not challenging. There was nothing innovative here. As an example to contrast:

In Diablo IV I get a nightmare dungeon where there are a limited amount of affixes that may be challenging, which I can just skip since so many sigil's drop after your first one. I go around clearing the rooms with limited consideration to anything since most of the stuff is not challenging, the exception being mobs that explode or poison which can be avoided by simply clearing slower and making sure I have a dash available. Some of the stuff requires me to backtrack and make sure I don't miss a single mob in a small room or I waste a few minutes backtracking. I compare this to Lost Ark, where I do a chaos dungeon and mobs auto aggro to me, my pet picks up all the loot and dismantles shit I don't want automatically, and I essentially go from 'easy grinding that's filled with tedium' to 'easy grinding that feels good.' Then we compare boss encounters, which is the 'difficult' content. The bosses encountered in nightmare are copy & paste with no challenge whatsoever. Meanwhile, in Lost Ark, they're insanely complex and challenging. Diablo should have been able to find a middle ground here from a difficulty standpoint; they did not. What they did was create more annoyance and tedium, which is a recipe for disaster to the long term health of the game.
Well, its easy to say from the POV of playing it but from the POV of making it? "I think this restaurant should serve X. There is nothing new or innovative about this menu!" Given how often PC games and restaurants fail, I understand why they chose to play it safe The game is huge, a vast open world (besides some first time campaign locks it seems) that make the above D2 comments silly. Maybe I am misreading them? I don't know. I think given Blizzard's track record of late, the first thing they needed to do from their perspective was successfully launch the game with the widest level of appeal, with as few bugs as possible, to as large an audience as possible.
Remember, they have a Destiny-style Live-service Seasons (and battle-passes) and Expansions coming for this. There is going to be multiple opportunities to correct things like the backtracking, which they made a pass at and did improve somewhat during the beta. Why we didn't get some of the QoL features like the Overlay map, Gem bag, and Loot Pet I don't know but I bet it happens by the first expansion.
Launch has been great so far. Rogue has been fun. I think I have played 24 hours so far in the past 2 days. My family had to pull me off the PC to blow out candles. Happy Birthday to me. I was on Discord with a friend who's clan (curse the small group size) finished the game at 39 the first night. I have been playing more completionist/solo and just wrapped up Act 2 in Scosglen. On to the Dry Steppes.

• 2Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, its easy to say from the POV of playing it but from the POV of making it? "I think this restaurant should serve X. There is nothing new or innovative about this menu!" Given how often PC games and restaurants fail, I understand why they chose to play it safe The game is huge, a vast open world (besides some first time campaign locks it seems) that make the above D2 comments silly. Maybe I am misreading them? I don't know. I think given Blizzard's track record of late, the first thing they needed to do from their perspective was successfully launch the game with the widest level of appeal, with as few bugs as possible, to as large an audience as possible.
Remember, they have a Destiny-style Live-service Seasons (and battle-passes) and Expansions coming for this. There is going to be multiple opportunities to correct things like the backtracking, which they made a pass at and did improve somewhat during the beta. Why we didn't get some of the QoL features like the Overlay map, Gem bag, and Loot Pet I don't know but I bet it happens by the first expansion.
Launch has been great so far. Rogue has been fun. I think I have played 24 hours so far in the past 2 days. My family had to pull me off the PC to blow out candles. Happy Birthday to me. I was on Discord with a friend who's clan (curse the small group size) finished the game at 39 the first night. I have been playing more completionist/solo and just wrapped up Act 2 in Scosglen. On to the Dry Steppes.
Holy shit this whole post reads like some coked out PR manager. Blink twice if Bobby's in the room with you.

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Any sorcs or rogues here get a kill on the butcher? Is he unstoppable or does all CC work?

Just wondering if he was soloable by other classes besides necro/druid/barb.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thought I might get excited to try this after reading everyone's launch stories and experiences. But, it sounds like a massive snooze fest. Guess I'm not the market for this anymore? Sounds so uninspired and rehashed.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Thought I might get excited to try this after reading everyone's launch stories and experiences. But, it sounds like a massive snooze fest. Guess I'm not the market for this anymore? Sounds so uninspired and rehashed.

I think the fact that the post volume in this thread dropped by 90% means most people are too busy playing to come back here.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's funny that people are starting to post that they finished D4 in this thread but I think one person mentioned finishing Zelda in that thread and it's a few weeks in.

That's because they can't muster up the stomach to poopsock their way through it, unlike how they can with an excellent game like Diablo 4.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That's because they can't muster up the stomach to poopsock their way through it, unlike they can with an excellent game like Diablo 4.
I haven’t played d4 but this is what I was thinking as well. My son was/gets obsessed with BotW, and has beat it probably 5 times starting from scratch and probably 20+ times overall. I couldn’t get him to play TotK for more than an hour at a time and I had to start playing it myself before he would get interested and take over. We’ve had it since release and he only beat his first elemental temple today. He only has 26 shrines down so it’s not because he’s been busy doing other stuff in it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
One of the main strengths of this game is the amazingly diverse zones. You've got frosty desert, arid desert, sandy desert, swampy desert, deserty swamp and even bonus fiery deserts.
This is like Elden Ring with swamps.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
But with Zelda, once you finish, you are going to put it away, maybe return to it once in a blue moon for DLC or nostalgia. Like Elden Ring.

With ARPGs like D4 and PoE, depending on cadence of content release, you could be playing for years straight.

When everything is said and done, assuming you are into both games, you are going to get more gaming value as far as dollars/hours played than you will with a game like Zelda.
Totally agree, but Zelda TotK has a level of innovation that can't be missed, you should see the shit people are building in that game.

I will be looking out for a discounted D4 eventually I'm sure.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Picard
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pretty sure it's level based. When you hit 40+ they start to drop very frequently.

I facetanked the Butcher without taking a single hit at level 25 (can get 100% dodge unless it was patched out).

Still possible with a ranged rogue? Don't want to spend the respec if it was nerfed. Trying to get a butcher kill build going and haven't found anything that works. This guy on reddit claims he could get 100% dodge with a range spec.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The story is pretty decent so far, for an arpg. But boy did it make me think, blizzard really has squander this IP.

A real diablo RPG or even a souls type game with this IP would be awesome.

If I could say side with Lilth(she talks a good game and curious to see outcome) or inarius, or other factions. Choices that make real changes to the story. Or if the boss were actually large bosses in big areas, and the fights are intense like a souls game or even a monster hunter type game. Could fight both sides and champions of the mortals etc.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This thread could use more people pissed off and stomping their feet that others are having fun

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ran into one as a sorc at level 22 and had no chance.

Exactly why I have been researching it. My friends are 2 sorcs, and I'm on a rogue. They asked for Butcher advice and I had nothing. Just even looking for a level range/gearspec when classes besides the tanks might be able to kill a butcher on their own. Or what strategies might exist for non-tanks. Reddit is very scant on information besides little anecdotes and speculation, and all of the posts are pre-launch.

In order to defeat The Butcher as a solo player, you need to likely be level 25 and kitted out with a full armor set and complementary weapons

Pressed X to doubt.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I watched one where they killed a butcher at like 25ish, but they had a pillar and they basically circle kited it and it took forever. I am at 46 atm, haven't seen butcher yet, lol.