Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mourg

Trakanon Raider
4k hdr looks fantastic in this game. Screenshots don't do it any justice. Compared to in game, this pic is like putting on a pair of dark glasses~
Screenshot004.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
4k hdr looks fantastic in this game. Screenshots don't do it any justice. Compared to in game, this pic is like putting on a pair of dark glasses~

Man HDR sucks sometimes. Some idiot makes a cutscene or in game cinematic where you stare at the sun and now I legit get blinded by it.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I'm enjoying the game more than I expected. Running a non-min-max Necro build with minions and enjoying it. Very different from the builds I've seen popular here and on Youtube but it is a lot of fun and pretty effective. I'll worry about build-of-the-week later. I'm 45 and also never seen the butcher sadly.

I do have similar concerns to many about endgame itemization and the cash shop likely being used to nefarious ends, but so far I don't really care. I could easily see leveling 2-3 other characters (no furries) before stressing about tweaking and endgame too much. Minimally, I look at it like this: D3 was a complete fuck fest at launch and ended up being a pretty good game; D4 is in a way better spot and the aesthetic is much more Diablo-esque. Even granted the talent gap between Blizz now and then it seems at least reasonable to expect that the game will get better as more people start testing endgame at scale. It is good enough as it is now to p[lay, enjoy, and wait and see.

My only complaints are pretty minor: cursor too hard to see; need a gem pouch; horsie needed earlier; aspects are a bit bit boring; I like set items and miss them; story is lame; world scaling needs adjustment.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot 2023-06-05 131421.png

You guys have some really gay transmogs. This is what peak transmog is.

• 4Worf
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So go into the very first dungeon I find, pretty excited, and I hear fresh meat, and proceeded to die. I think I was only level 10. Is he really just that difficult?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So go into the very first dungeon I find, pretty excited, and I hear fresh meat, and proceeded to die. I think I was only level 10. Is he really just that difficult?

Yeah he's fucking rough. Considering how everything levels up with you and he seems immune to all of my Druid crowd control, plus he's so fast... I don't see how I can solo him.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you aren't a pet class you need a team of kiters to kill him apparently. Some druids might be able to kill him by lvl 50 with certain builds but I haven't heard of it firsthand from any druid friends.

• 2Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
as a necro in the beta, I just cockblocked him with pets. Dude has a fuck-ton of health and is fast as hell, you need a ton of movement speed if your sustain isn't amazing.

as a sorc in release, I tried kiting him using rooms and shitty pathing as a strat, his speed overcomes most pathing issues. I got hit once for 3/4ths my health pool and noped outta the face tank strat..ultimately I died.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I managed to kill the Butcher the second time I encountered him, at like 44. Had to basically dodge when I could and let the minions hammer him while I chucked a Bone Spear every now and then. Think he dropped a crappy Legendary for all that effort.

I think I encountered at least 5 Treasure Goblins up to lvl 48.

Working on getting all the Skill Points from Renown now and making my way to 50 to unlock WT3. Not sure how I will fare with my minion build in that difficulty however.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you aren't a pet class you need a team of kiters to kill him apparently. Some druids might be able to kill him by lvl 50 with certain builds but I haven't heard of it firsthand from any druid friends.

I did it as a pulverize druid, yeah it was around 50(only 2nd time I saw him). I had full 9 potions and a health pool nearby, I also had mobs around, so gave me decent density for the first bit. Otherwise I had to pillar hump , but even then went through almost every potion cause he is just too fast and a melee hit is about 25% health.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
First time I got the Butcher was in the Werewolf dungeon in the first zone, and I found a spot where I could just run around a wooden beam and as long as I didn't miss-time dash he'd never catch me while aoe/dots burned him down. If I had actually tried to stand toe to toe I would have been smashed. Which felt on brand, since the only way I killed him when I started in d1 was running into a prison cell, closing the door, and shooting him through the bars

Last edited:

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
I was able to take the butcher down with my current Necro build.

Essentially use the hewed flesh passive and reapers to create a massive amount of corpses. Since the shadow pools also proc hewed flesh, there's a cascade effect. One corpse creates a pool, which creates more corpses, so on and so forth.

Keep him decrepified to cut his damage by 25%. Use the stockpile of corpses to create stacks of shadow pools under him. When he knocks out the minions with his power attacks, I either switch to resummon them instead of creating new shadow pools, or pop army of the dead (it recharges in about 25 seconds because of the decrepify passive) to bring all the minions back and create fresh corpses to use again.

It takes time, but he steadily comes down in HP. Occasionally he peels off the minions and attacks me instead, at which point my legendary shields pop (the bubble one) to absorb his attacks. The newbie dungeon energy shield pops every 30 seconds but isn't as reliable for preventing spike damage.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
In D4 I like almost everything I equip.

Wish I could say the same as a Druid, we're already so big that many of our tents we put on make it look like we love our gear so much we never took any off and just keep adding layers, but this unique helm I got will probably get me to transmog it (it's a mask w/ hair basically)

1685999861005.png

Otherwise, changing gear is something I really like in games like this and MMOs. I enjoy the gear progression, etc.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
He's only hard at low levels. My rogue completely shits on him and I have literally zero chance of dying and can face tank. You really just need to be near fully upgrading all of your gear even if you don't think you'll be keeping it that long because it's pretty cheap to either fully or near fully upgrade everything. Also having aspects on everything and the entire game is pretty much a joke in terms of difficulty. Slight pro tip, put skulls in all of your jewelry pieces and stack armor and get the aspect that gives a percent of armor each time you deal damage stacking up to a certain amount.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Perused last few pages out of idle curiosity (saw a random youtube cinematic that was pretty well pretty) I still think I want to stay away, I never liked ARPG grinding away to perfect builds so you could just continue deleting screens of mobs.

Some comments make it sound like it's pretty solo unfriendly? That's all I imagine I'd want to do is just a play through with a few classes and move back onto other games.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
He's only hard at low levels. My rogue completely shits on him and I have literally zero chance of dying and can face tank. You really just need to be near fully upgrading all of your gear and having aspects on everything and the entire game is pretty much a joke in terms of difficulty. Slight pro tip, put skulls in all of your jewelry pieces and stack armor and get the aspect that gives a percent of armor each time you deal damage stacking up to a certain amount.
I just shove garlic in all my slots so I'm impervious.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I probably would've bought it for $30-45. Not really interested in double that for an ARPG.

The price of Diablo 2 was $60 in 2000. That is the same as $105.33 in today dollars.

You guys have to stop being poor and old and realize things change.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Perused last few pages out of idle curiosity (saw a random youtube cinematic that was pretty well pretty) I still think I want to stay away, I never liked ARPG grinding away to perfect builds so you could just continue deleting screens of mobs.

Some comments make it sound like it's pretty solo unfriendly? That's all I imagine I'd want to do is just a play through with a few classes and move back onto other games.
It is very solo friendly. There have been a couple times where my character felt pretty weak, but then strong again. Overall, its a good time.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Beat the story and it was what I expected of a modern Diablo game. Once you got the mount it felt a whole lot better traveling around.

Finished at like level 44, now I'm 46 and while I have full Legendary gear none really helps my build besides adding 2 Skellingtons. Is Tree of Whispers the best bet untill I get 50 and can do the capstone dungeon?
Just do the capstone. You don’t have to be 50. I did the capstone at 42, and leveled to 50 in tier 3.

• 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Am I the only necro that occasionally gets raped by multiple charging mobs? Those are the bane of my existence. I didn't even come close to dying on Andy, but nooooo those mutherfuckers kill me multiple times, and make me get my cardio in. My gear gettinbg kinda weak,still T2, but I'' stick it out a few more.

I tend not to actually spoil myself with games like this, learn shit myself kinda deal, am I to understand I can rip the legendary effects out, and apply them to say a level 50ish item? I have a bunch of good effects for bloodmist, corpse explosion, spawn more corpses ect ect, and was just gonna apply them to new items if thats how it goes, kinda have a CE/BM build idea in mind (im sure theres already a better one)