Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Isnt the codex account wide also? Be crazy to have to do them again for the powers. Since its all minimum amount. If the dungeon gate has a orange dot iirc, means another character did it for the aspect but current character needs to do it for renown.

The grouping for dungeons to unlock the "complete" status for renown is no biggy. You dont get the exp or loot from them, you just get the complete portion. If you already did it for the power on one character. The alt would just get the check mark for completing it off the renown list. Doesn't seem like a big deal.

As a side note, today as been brutal for me, 4 times it has locked up, usually after an hour or 2 of playing. Everytime doing something different. No errors, nothing. Just stops responding and have to close it. Can start right away again with no issues.
Ya the codex is account wide but they aren't permanent like the statues are. You'll have to redo the dungeons again for seasons but not the statues.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Couple of massive complaints now - #1, none of the shit in the shop makes me want to pull my cc out (I want to give you faggots more $ but my in game gear pwns this shitty shop stuff). #2, for the love of FUCK some of the dungeons are too long by 30%.
If you're going to have a story dungeon actually be like four dungeons human centipeded ass to mouth you should pop up a warning on entry.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
that's pure regurgitated diarrhea

here's what I was sometimes playing on a background when I'm PoE'ing. Although I'm an atheist to the fucking core, I do appreciate a good melody suited to the task at hand

But those are the bad guys, followers of that silly Angel, Inarius.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
1686096789796.jpeg

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 8 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I did a stupid.

I thought legendary powers ripped from gear became "account bound" in the same way that the legendary powers you get from dungeons are account bound. This made me think that once I had an aspect in my inventory I could apply it to whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Sounded like fun.

Errrr, that's not how it works. Which I guess I should have figured out but I was too busy swimming in legendaries during beta to take any notice.

You'll imagine my surprise when I upgraded a shitty BP with my favorite power. And then was unable to apply that power to an infinitely better BP that dropped a few minutes later.

Aspects you rip from gear can only be applied once. And then, poof, they are gone until you find another legendary with that power. Oopsie.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I did a stupid.

I thought legendary powers ripped from gear became "account bound" in the same way that the legendary powers you get from dungeons are account bound. This made me think that once I had an aspect in my inventory I could apply it to whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Sounded like fun.

Errrr, that's not how it works. Which I guess I should have figured out but I was too busy swimming in legendaries during beta to take any notice.

You'll imagine my surprise when I upgraded a shitty BP with my favorite power. And then was unable to apply that power to an infinitely better BP that dropped a few minutes later.

Aspects you rip from gear can only be applied once. And then, poof, they are gone until you find another legendary with that power. Oopsie.

Keep in mind that you can only apply Sacred aspects to Sacred gear etc too, so hording lower lvl legendaries is pointless outside of saving it for an alt or some shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Well the Bear Druid is officially OP. Now not only do I not die, but I basically erase mobs, and bosses are long enough to be fun, but not tedious. Doing T3 atm, trying all the new types of content. I am going to just play this dude until I 100% each zone. I am still in shock, that a jaded asshole like myself is having a great time. Not sure how my stats are, but the build is slowly coming along.

Oso.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I did a stupid.

It's good to learn this shit leveling up instead of at endgame. I've been testing the systems and it is a lot less costly to do it now than at max level when everything has some level of anal pucker attached to it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Just finished the campaign on hardcore.
Great boss battle. Nonsense epilogue.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

SeanDoe1z1

Tell that to the EQ thread :p

Saw some of the PoE guys hit 100 in HC , doing the 4 man dungeon spam for hours on end. Looks like wudijo hit 100 today, but pure solo(crazy people).

Can't imagine just sitting at one spot, killing the same dungeon every 1-2 minutes, for hours. I might actually go insane from that.

Dont forget the twitch drops started too. No clue what they are.

bruh this is an eq forum.

Would I do it now? Nah. But the poopsocking days are still vivid.

I remember my no life period as a wow pvper and people were amazed I would have no problem killing the same person 20 times+, often refusing to take the hint. I couldn’t even imagine doing that type of shit now, I would imagine blizzard just out right bans for excessive griefing if the complaints are loud enough. I remember people posting on forums to blues, real life wow south park episode.

Was very disappointed to see d4 follow d3 influences very heavily. I played more than half of the d3 seasons too, but I enjoy carrying DPS pushing rifts

I will enjoy a play through, honestly leaning more towards console at this point. I dislike generators because work + age + games I start to feel the years of spam clicks.

Other day I unironically thought to myself, “paladin class it is I guess, it’s been 10 years without playing one”. Looked at classes…lol oh well.

Witless

Trakanon Raider
Well the Bear Druid is officially OP. Now not only do I not die, but I basically erase mobs, and bosses are long enough to be fun, but not tedious. Doing T3 atm, trying all the new types of content. I am going to just play this dude until I 100% each zone. I am still in shock, that a jaded asshole like myself is having a great time. Not sure how my stats are, but the build is slowly coming along.

View attachment 476911
What is your current build? I have a poison rend build going but it seems disjointed. I’m not making effective use of all the abilities and it throws me off trying to make it all fit into proper combos.

I like that the game isn’t as linear as previous Diablos. It feels like you are exploring a more fleshed out world. But the UI elements are a step back from D3. Why can’t I have my transparent full screen map that comes up when I hold tab? Why do I have to scroll around to see the entire skill tree? And why is everything so shiny?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keep in mind that you can only apply Sacred aspects to Sacred gear etc too, so hording lower lvl legendaries is pointless outside of saving it for an alt or some shit.

Hmm it let me apply a aspect from a regular legendary to a sacred yellow. And it's a sacred legendary as a result.

So not sure what you say is correct. I wanted to test before tossing gear with good rolls.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I'm having to actively avoid blue exclamation points just so I can progress the story at a reasonable pace. Hopefully this doesn't screw me over later.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Im guessing its build related. Have you compared yours to one off the leader board from maxroll, for example?

I made it public again this morning. If its already at 50 join requests again, youll just have to friend request a battle tag. Shouldnt have to, but here we are. 🤷‍♂️

Nope. I'm sure part of it is build related, since i'm not following any build guides or anything. I much prefer to build my own chars in arpg's, at least for a while, and maybe use a build guide for harder end-game style content if I have to. I do fine against most things, that guy just hit me like a truck for whatever reason.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Ok so time for me to give an honest quick assessment on D4. I think that the game during the campaign is fun as fuck. After that, everything falls apart. My final verdict on the current state of the game: 6/10. I'm still playing it, but I rapidly lost all excitement of it after the post game.

Before I start, let's not forget that they nerfed the shit out of barbarian (and a few other class abilities) 1 day after the pre-launch. They knew damn well that some stuff was overtuned, but left it all in without announcing any nerfs because they didn't want to drop a nerf patch pre-release and have people cancel box sales. Really shitty to have people choose builds based on how the game was at release only to get nerfed right after when they had all the data from the closed beta and knew full well how overtuned some things were.

Anyway:

There is a massive amount of "workaround" and "hacks" in the game. For example, group up with a friend, and have him start kiling the boss. Go into the dungeon and b-line to the boss. Kill the boss within 2 minutes of YOU going into the dungeon, and you get the "complete a dungeon within 2 minutes" achievement. Or, better yet, just go into a party of 4 and have everyone solo different dungeons. Everyone will get completion for every single one, without actually having to step foot inside it. Or, what about side quests? Get all the challenges simply being in the group when the quest chain is complete, everyone gets it. There's numerous ways to exploit the grouping system to speed up dungeon reforms, abandoning dungeons, etc to avoid running back. It's all dogshit. While none of it has a huge impact on the game itself, its massive, glaring oversights that should not exist in blizzards flagship title.

The mount system is terrible, and the mount gets caught on every pebble on the ground, grinding you to a screaching halt. Combined with rubberbanding you'll find yourself wasting your mount speed charges constantly because you're standing in place rubberbanding everywhere.

If you want to play solo, you're purposefully fucking yourself. Everything about the game is better in a group. Even the aforementioned getting dungeon completion simply being afk in a group while others do it. Having to run to every dungeon is retarded. Events are very cookie cutter. There's about 20 of these, and they simply repeat. It's basically FATEs in FF14, in diablo form + cellars.

There's a gigantic amount of friction in this game. There's so much running around, so many things are inconvenient for no real purpose. Why are half the strongholds showing a clear open area on the map only to be blocked off and only have 1 entrance that actually works? Why is the tree so far from teh waypoint, and why can't I earn anymore points after 10? Why am I forced to constantly port back in and turn it in? Why do so many towns not have the vendors you need? Why if you want to port to your friends do you have to first go to a waypoint in a major town, then take a portal to your friend? Why the fuck is the portal in the middle of the stash and anvil when the stash in in a fucking house, upstairs, and the anvil is on the opposite side of a building? Why do you have to CONSTANTLY deal with gems cluttering your inventory for no real purpose. They basically pulled a PoE here, making you "feel the burden" of your inventory. It's really stupid. Too much bad loot drops, and putting (Sacred) and (Ancestral) on the name of the item itself is completely lazy. I feel like I deal with full inventory more in D4 than I do in PoE. That says something.

Combat is almost identical for every single class from what I can tell but I havent played every one so I can't say for sure. But every class has a generator and a core skill. Spam generator, use core skill a few times, rinse repeat. There's not a lot of originality here. It's very slow, boring gameplay, ESPECIALLY on a barbarian. Combined with the fact that EVERYTHING in the game scales with your level, you never really feel like your gear is having any real impact on performance outside of build-enabling uniques. Every other upgrade is there to simply keep up with the leveling curve. While the level scaling is neat, the fact you don't really feel more powerful is very bad and poor game design.

• 11Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Hmm it let me apply a aspect from a regular legendary to a sacred yellow. And it's a sacred legendary as a result.

So not sure what you say is correct. I wanted to test before tossing gear with good rolls.

I took what he said to mean the opposite, where you wouldn't be able to rip a scared aspect off and put it on a non-sacred item (I am not even at sacred yet tho so I dunno what a sacred aspect even is, if they're special/seperate from normal aspects)