Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't feel the pull to login and grind post mid 50s. I'm tons of paragon and drop only affixes away from build being "good" and fixing resource problems.

Tried rolling a sorc alt in story skip and yawn, can't be brothered with mana regen issues at low level.

I don't mind arpg loot grind but the penalty for respects coupled with a poorly designed power curve for builds due to reliance on too many drops just makes it slower than it needs to be.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Finished 100% map completion and over the last 3 days. All 115 dungeons was brutal monotony.
Why does a randomly generated franchise have 115 dungeons? Are they preset or limited randomness with copy/paste tilesets?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Why does a randomly generated franchise have 115 dungeons? Are they preset or limited randomness with copy/paste tilesets?
I've only played through the story once, so maybe I've not seen it yet, but from what I can tell there is no procedural area generation in this game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't mind arpg loot grind but the penalty for respects

I will never understand developers fascination with making it tedious or difficult to change your spec or skill load out. Especially in ARPGs where there are multitudes of options and a high desire to experiment for much of the player base.

This is why ARPGs turn into "meta" fests with people just copy/pasting build guides... because it's such a hassle to actually experiment yourself.

I didn't care for Lost Ark but I thought it's system of allowing you to change your skills wherever you wanted, anywhere in the game world, for free was a great system. Instead most games are bogged down by annoying limitations regarding what should be a fundamental aspect of the ARPG genre

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I will never understand developers fascination with making it tedious or difficult to change your spec or skill load out. Especially in ARPGs where there are multitudes of options and a high desire to experiment for much of the player base.

This is why ARPGs turn into "meta" fests with people just copy/pasting build guides... because it's such a hassle to actually experiment yourself.

I didn't care for Lost Ark but I thought it's system of allowing you to change your skills wherever you wanted, anywhere in the game world, for free was a great system. Instead most games are bogged down by annoying limitations regarding what should be a fundamental aspect of the ARPG genre

This

Dual spec or re specs should be free and easy to access. Period.

I will never understand the hard on for gating swapping spec.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So far, fairly impressed by the game. I see some of the monotony comments but what I like about what this team has done is make the necessary QoL changes and take steps towards evolving the franchise. It definitely took away from some of the core elements but I also think those are easily addressed with updates and/or expansions. I think they have added some long term ideas to the franchise.

In D3 you could complete the entire story in a day, you could PL other players or alts in minutes, and you did the same thing from one season to the next for ever with slight changes to the set pieces.

I could be wrong and time will tell but I think there will be some disappointment from core Diablo fans but I think folks will enjoy D4 much longer than previous installments. I just hope they don't wait too long to make updates and changes.

Overall, I really like the game. Much of what they have done I have wanted since the first Diablo. I'm just now approaching 50 on my first character so I very well may change my mind in the end game but several folks in my circle of gaming buddies have said the game completely opens up at 50 and they're having the most fun at that part of the game.

• 1Like

skylan

Trakanon Raider
They could have really like randomized a bit of the dungeon content. Every dungeon is go in, do x to unlock door 1, do y to unlock boss, kill boss.

Also , why am I level 42 and only getting item levels in the 20's ? I am playing on WT2 so I guess relative to WT1 I'm higher level at story checkpoints but just feels like I should be getting better shit at this point.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Is there's any way to have more than six active skills at a time, or am I missing something? Did my Necro golem unlock yesterday evening and looks like you have to drop the skill on the bar for it to summon. Had to drop one of the other skills I was using. Figured there'd be a "hold button"to shift to a secondary line of activatable skills.

If not, that's just kind of goofy.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I like that content is "scaled" for the fact that it allowed me to group with a friend and run through the story/quests with him while still being "rewarded" via drops. But I agree that it does tend to lead to areas feeling "boring".

There's no way they force you to rerun all that shit for aspects every season. If they do, there's no shot I'll play beyond the 1st season.
The problem with non scaled content in these games that have 100 levels is that at end game 90% of content you outleveled. I guess they could always be adding tiers of content at the end but what difference would that make anyway? It would still be leveled to your level, lol. So either you have scaled content where the whole world is your level or later on you have a world that you out leveled and 90% of it is trivial and high end characters are funneled to less and less areas.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They could have really like randomized a bit of the dungeon content. Every dungeon is go in, do x to unlock door 1, do y to unlock boss, kill boss.

Also , why am I level 42 and only getting item levels in the 20's ? I am playing on WT2 so I guess relative to WT1 I'm higher level at story checkpoints but just feels like I should be getting better shit at this point.
This is why everyone says to stay in WT1 until you do capstone and go into WT3 where the good shit starts dropping higher item levels again. WT1 and WT2 are locked to lv 50 and you will never get items higher.

• 1Like

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whats a decently fun trans class i can play solo? The druid? I usually play barb but looking for something a bit different

• 1Worf

Kaines

Potato Supreme

ARPG devs are still under the delusion that restricting the ability to respec gives your choices more "meaning".

You know what would ACTUALLY give your choices more meaning? MORE VIABLE BUILD COMBINATIONS!!!!

How are game developers so fucking stupid when it comes to this stuff?

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
So far, fairly impressed by the game. I see some of the monotony comments but what I like about what this team has done is make the necessary QoL changes and take steps towards evolving the franchise. It definitely took away from some of the core elements but I also think those are easily addressed with updates and/or expansions. I think they have added some long term ideas to the franchise.

In D3 you could complete the entire story in a day, you could PL other players or alts in minutes, and you did the same thing from one season to the next for ever with slight changes to the set pieces.

I could be wrong and time will tell but I think there will be some disappointment from core Diablo fans but I think folks will enjoy D4 much longer than previous installments. I just hope they don't wait too long to make updates and changes.

Overall, I really like the game. Much of what they have done I have wanted since the first Diablo. I'm just now approaching 50 on my first character so I very well may change my mind in the end game but several folks in my circle of gaming buddies have said the game completely opens up at 50 and they're having the most fun at that part of the game.

Like what? You mention a lot of positive assessments of features you don't list.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The problem with non scaled content in these games that have 100 levels is that at end game 90% of content you outleveled. I guess they could always be adding tiers of content at the end but what difference would that make anyway? It would still be leveled to your level, lol. So either you have scaled content where the whole world is your level or later on you have a world that you out leveled and 90% of it is trivial and high end characters are funneled to less and less areas.

I would have preferred that WT1 have absolute levels for the campaign. After that, scale away so the open world can be used for the endgame.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Whats a decently fun trans class i can play solo?

All the type 2 models look kinda trans. Go druid or barb type 2 if you want more butch, Necro if you want a more feminine but heroined out gayboy trans character. Hope this helps.

• 1Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker
Have any of you did the 70 capstone dungeon yet? i realized last night it's "recommended" 70 and not required so im gonna give it a whirl after work tonight at lvl 61. I've already been doing NM 15 dungeons which are like lvl 68 mobs anyway so it should be fine.

Not having the double exp feels so awful though, going from 45-60 felt like forever, i assume people get that 70 dungeon done asap so they can level a lot faster

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Have any of you did the 70 capstone dungeon yet? i realized last night it's "recommended" 70 and not required so im gonna give it a whirl after work tonight at lvl 61. I've already been doing NM 15 dungeons which are like lvl 68 mobs anyway so it should be fine.

Not having the double exp feels so awful though, going from 45-60 felt like forever, i assume people get that 70 dungeon done asap so they can level a lot faster

Yes. It's doable 60+, the only difficulty is the final boss, which is actually a decent challenge at that level.

• 1Like

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tried multiple new sorc builds today and arc lash is awesome.

Fireball and arc lash enchantments.
Hydra to apply burning for the crit damage passive. Flame shield/ice armor/frost nova for cc/barrier. All cooldowns stun due to arc lash enchantment. Stun does aoe dmg due to shocking impact passive. Both hydra and flame shield immobilize due to passives. Mana is no issue since hydra is your only mana spell. All three defensive cooldowns trigger a barrier, and all the cooldowns can be reset on a lucky hit, which happens as often as the cooldown allows. And then use unstable currents for boss dps.

The build is tanky as fuck and churns out dps and aoe.

Side note, the ball lightning aspect is hilarious with unstable currents active and a lot of attack speed. You can end up with like 10 orbiting around you.

• 2Like