Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Seems mostly irrelevant. What are you going to do, farm for 15 minutes in WT3, run to town, switch, teleport to helltide, run to the mystery chest and open it? Seems like a lot of work for mostly sub 70 players and who gives the fuck about them getting gear faster.

Because Sacred of Ancestral is a big upgrade in power. This seems pretty short sighted dumb as fuck of a reply.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Because Sacred of Ancestral is a big upgrade in power. This seems pretty short sighted dumb as fuck of a reply.
I wonder how many more dumb words they can tack on to loot tiers.

This game will be leet when we get Sacred Ancestral Ancient Prehistoric Evolved gear with purple borders on the loot icons.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I wonder how many more dumb words they can tack on to loot tiers.

This game will be leet when we get Sacred Ancestral Ancient Prehistoric Evolved gear with purple borders on the loot icons.

The next tier is probably "Transestrial"

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
Or the 5 hours it takes to go from WT3 to WT4 isn't a big deal? Maybe you'd have to git gud to understand.

BUT IMAGINE THE POWER IN THAT 5 HOURS FOR THE TWO HELLTIDES THEY COULD GET! OH MY GAWD!

• 1Moron

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh man it's even dumber than that. They'd have to HAVE World Tier 4 unlocked to do that. So what, you're in WT4 and you can't do Helltides so you go down to WT3 and then bring up your saved shards and spend them to help actually play in WT4. Man, what a bug. Gamebreaking really! I bet a woman designed it!

• 2Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Maybe not working as intended but you can do helltide in WT3 and switch to WT4 to open chests for better gear.

Got confirmation this wasn't hotfixed and is fully working? Hearing doubt on it and won't be able to check it myself until much later.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Seems mostly irrelevant. What are you going to do, farm for 15 minutes in WT3, run to town, switch, teleport to helltide, run to the mystery chest and open it? Seems like a lot of work for mostly sub 70 players and who gives the fuck about them getting gear faster.
Not to mention that t4 should be better exp so it's probably a net loss overall. Although I guess it would be good for lower level players trying to get ancestrals.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Its for late 50s n 60's to gear up who have a WT4 capstone carry.

Application for people who can get carried and then need to fill out their gear on their own.

If it hasn't been hotfixed I think they will leave it alone because it does involve getting a carry and Blizzard tends not to tread on that.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think this game does a really bad job at the mid-game; It feels so same-y from the moment you hit 50, even until you can hit tier 4, theres like 20 levels where you feel like you make literally no change in your strength and it just feels really dull.

I don't feel like this was even a thing in D3 because you could easily challenge yourself by upping rift dungeons and that shit was boring as all hell, but being able to kill shit 10+ levels with no issue, and getting no upgrades from it is kind of absurd

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I think this game does a really bad job at the mid-game; It feels so same-y from the moment you hit 50, even until you can hit tier 4, theres like 20 levels where you feel like you make literally no change in your strength and it just feels really dull.

I don't feel like this was even a thing in D3 because you could easily challenge yourself by upping rift dungeons and that shit was boring as all hell, but being able to kill shit 10+ levels with no issue, and getting no upgrades from it is kind of absurd
Hmm idk, i felt like 50-70 was solid and a massive spike in power. Unlocking multiple paragon passives and fully upgrading sacreds makes a massive difference.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Hmm idk, i felt like 50-70 was solid and a massive spike in power. Unlocking multiple paragon passives and fully upgrading sacreds makes a massive difference.
maybe it's just the build i have idk, i feel like i shit on everything just as much as i have killing 50 mobs versus 73 mobs, but it might just be the ice shard build im playing with the two uniques i have being very strong.

But the benefit of killing mobs that much higher doesnt exist, maybe i havent seen good ancestral drops yet though

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

I agree mostly. WT3 is a waste of time so if you can clear solo or get a carry into WT4 I'd recommend everyone do so instead of dicking around in WT3. Farming world events and the WT4 normal dungeons will get you your mid game power spike.

I went into WT4 at around L58 and was hard stuck at nightmare dungeon 20 and wary of soloing some open world activities but a few levels and drops later I could instantly do 25-30s (L79-84 npcs) and open world became trivial to solo.

Upgrades are as RNG as ever regardless of what you're doing so it should always be farm what you can clear most efficiently while ignoring NPC levels because quantity of items looted is all that matters when upgrading.

Currently I'm L77 w/ around 150 paragon points I'm farming 45-50 dungeons (L99-104 npc levels) just as fast as I would equivalent level mobs. The only thing holding me back from going higher currently is survivability (tried a 60 and could one shot trash/2-3 shot elites, but would get nearly instagibbed if touched) which will come from more paragon/glyph leveling. Haven't really felt gear gated other than the initial swap to WT4.

I'd say I'm already at the point where gear upgrades will predominately come from getting high roll values instead of searching for actual replacements for mediocre pieces. I got this weapon in a 28 dungeon and will probably be wearing it for the majority of my push to 100 without some insane luck and it didn't even roll great, but it's got all bis stats for me.

1686473561482.png

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
rolled a sorc and my god is it boring. constantly resource starved.
Yes this is by far one of my biggest issues with the game. It's a very poor "gameplay friendly" curve where some builds take into the 70s+ to feel fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Bone Prison with curses and corpse explosion is so fun.
Can't wait to find the Aspect of the Void to see if the blight pool inside the bone prison sucks enemies into it.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Finished the game at lv42, took me about 3 evenings, looks like it's tree time now.

Switched from Twisting Blades to Flurry, Flurry is far better for leveling at least.

Story is such a step up from D3 and Shadowlands, they must have gotten rid of the old writers. I hope Neyrelle dies though.

Lilith is passable as their third attempt at a tear stained morally grey woman and is voice acted really well. Mephisto was amazing, THAT'S what being tempted by a Prime Evil should be like - good voice acting for him too.

I liked the bit where Mephisto says "Don't give in to hatred over common sense" to reverse psychology you when he is the font of fucking hatred incarnate.

I just wish that you could make story choices around who to side with, since those choices are in the story but you don't get to make them.

Lots of cool call backs like the Sightless Eye and the Andariel area having an Inner and Outer Cloister.

Story is a solid 7/10. Actually looking forward to the sidequests.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
rolled a sorc and my god is it boring. constantly resource starved.
There is no setting between off and on, at least not at the level I am at. Go into a room, blow up the 25 mobs there in 2 seconds. Sit down and read a magazine and have a sack lunch. Rinse, repeat. I know this can change a zillion levels from now...but there's no flow to it.