Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Chris

Potato del Grande
They screwed the pooch on gear in this game. Frost Sorcerer has two items to get. TWO. Exactly zero interesting weapons or jewelry. D3 Wizard had 5 sets to get, interesting weapons and jewelry; my stash was full of gear. D4 stash is completely empty at level 64 except for gems.

I love all these pointless affixes. +dmg to near/far enemies. Who in the fuck came up with that? So many shit affixes and so few good ones makes getting upgrades a PITA and rare.

ARPGs are about loot. Bewilderingly, devs left it out in D4.
Yeah matching 3 conditional damage boosts on an item is awful RNG when you get nothing if you have the wrong one.

At least with stuff like Crit/Haste you get something even if your build doesn't focus on it.

Feels more like Genshin Impact's itemisation... infact with the open world... I bet the devs play Genshin and not PoE lmao.

This is why you need item bases with preset stats, that way you know what to pick up and what to leave like "Oh it's a bow, it'll have damge to far and I'm melee so i'll leave it, i need crossbows since they have damage to near".

I only equip +dodge uses boots, yet I have to pick up ALL boots and sift through them. Why can't they just be called "leather boots" and the others have different names?

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Yeah matching 3 conditional damage boosts on an item is awful RNG when you get nothing if you have the wrong one.

At least with stuff like Crit/Haste you get something even if your build doesn't focus on it.

Feels more like Genshin Impact's itemisation... infact with the open world... I bet the devs play Genshin and not PoE lmao.

This is why you need item bases with preset stats, that way you know what to pick up and what to leave like "Oh it's a bow, it'll have damge to far and I'm melee so i'll leave it, i need crossbows since they have damage to near".

I only equip +dodge uses boots, yet I have to pick up ALL boots and sift through them. Why can't they just be called "leather boots" and the others have different names?
They identify as leather boots, but they are really socks

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I can do that, but I think my character might be bugged. Didn't get the first one that everyone is supposed to get from the ToW, and I can't create or dust sigils because those tabs at the Occultist are greyed out. (also Kirun Kirun , yes I'm in T3, and I completed the Capstone Dungeon and unlocked T3 before I did my first ToW hand-in.)

Going to look into it a little more, thanks.
Yeah same thing happened to me on my necro. I think I made it to lv55 in WT3 and wondering WTF, why dont I have a nightmare sigil yet? Many dungeons, many tree runs,etc. Thankfully I had my barb to look to, logged him in and put like 2-3 sigils in the bank and rest is history. But yeah something feels funky on some characters for sure, maybe a bug?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
So what's the leveling scheme in wt3? I'm 53 and that shit is slow molasses, doing a mix of tree chores and nm dungeons and renown shit, but the desire to log and play is waning quick cause it's just bland as fuck.

• 1Truth!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Youre doing something wrong if in 12 levels on t3 youve not found more than 2 sacred pieces worth using.
Yea, I'm doing something wrong such that the game keeps dropping useless gear. You must be right.

These are the typical shit I get:
helm.jpg
boots2.jpg
ring.jpg

Trash.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I can do that, but I think my character might be bugged. Didn't get the first one that everyone is supposed to get from the ToW, and I can't create or dust sigils because those tabs at the Occultist are greyed out. (also Kirun Kirun , yes I'm in T3, and I completed the Capstone Dungeon and unlocked T3 before I did my first ToW hand-in.)

Going to look into it a little more, thanks.
I'm guessing you haven't killed many World Bosses since hitting T3 because the Grand Cache will drop sigils, and you get at least 2 of those a week. If you want sigils, but you're not doing WB's or Tree, well, you're not going to get any. You won't be able to craft or salvage sigils until you've ran a T3 sigil.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Anyone got any tips? Haven't seen a Nightmare Sigil drop.

Have done 4 Tree of Whispers turn-ins and didn't get the Sigil for the first one anyway. Have reset the World Tier/re-logged etc. no dice. I have dust, but Occultist Sigil Tabs are greyed out.
Level 54 now and wondering if I'm missing something. Searching inconclusive, but a few others have reported it.

You do know the sigils are on the seperate consumables tab of your inventory, right?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nahh there is clearly a bug or something with sigils and some characters. My barb for example got his first sigil the first tree turn in WT3. And like I said I ran, many, many tree turn ins with my necro inWT3 and didnt get shit. Like I said went like 5 levels in WT3 and not one drop.

skylan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, the itemization is so boring / bad. I don't mind a grind if I see some improvement as a result of the grind or repetition. Right now though I can go waste an hour in a Helltide , get 3 mystery chests, 10 sacred legendaries and not get a single thing worth upgrading or even salvaging the aspect from. There's just so much BAD loot.

They really could make the game a lot more fun by making leveling a little quicker and consolidating to a much smaller stat pool. Also the enchant rerolling a single stat seems way too expensive and unpredictable. In D3 it would tell you what the potential reroll was at least. Am I missing that part here or do they just not tell you? So i'm going to drop 10% of my total gold on a chance of getting one of the 3 actually good stats versus the 97 shit ones? The math says i'm going to go broke and become enraged.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, I am missing something with the Barbarian Class. Why do I carry 2 extra weapons on the character sheet? I am guessing I can switch but not even sure how to.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nahh there is clearly a bug or something with sigils and some characters. My barb for example got his first sigil the first tree turn in WT3. And like I said I ran, many, many tree turn ins with my necro inWT3 and didnt get shit. Like I said went like 5 levels in WT3 and not one drop.
To add my experience: I did at least 6 tree boxes before stepping foot in a nightmare dungeons and probably averaged 1 sigil per box; I may have gotten up to 3 in one, and 0 in others. Then was getting 1-2 sigils in each nightmare dungeon.

When RNG is involved it can be difficult tell, as bugs can be hand waved as bad RNG runs.

• 1Truth!

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Some weapons are better for some skills.

In the skills menu you can set specific weapons for each skill you are using. By default it uses the highest dps weapon you have.

You get full stats from all the weapons you have equipped, so in practice 3 of them are stat sticks.

Mahes Mahes

Ps u should have 4 equiped weaps; 2x 1h, 1x 2h blunt and 1x 2h slash

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Wait until you guys get a load of the ARPG genre...hoo, boy.
It's different tho, in PoE you get to link a stack of 2000 divines or 20 mirrors if you grind long enough. Totally makes the grind meaningful. Also way different than having 5 trillion gold when you're sitting on 80k chaos orbs instead.
Right, and that’s why anyone that plays arpgs after the first month or two are fat sweaty incels
'Scuse me, sir, but i'm not fat.

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
Yea, I'm doing something wrong such that the game keeps dropping useless gear. You must be right.

These are the typical shit I get:
View attachment 478803 View attachment 478802View attachment 478801
Trash.
By the time a lot of people are 60 in T3 they are able to clear the lvl 70 capstone and progress to T4. You're telling me you've spent 12 levels doing stuff that gives you loot and have been so unlucky you have not been able to upgrade your normal items or moved aspects with better rolls unto new items? The game drops a lot of gear, so much so that you for sure are doing something wrong if you cant find items with 2 good stats and reroll a 3rd to something better and slap an aspect on it to improve your character.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I like how the solutions to fixing loot in D4 is that it isn't similar enough to D3...
The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

It's easy to spot all the casual ARPG enjoyers in this thread and apparently D4's big problem is that it isn't casual enough.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I like how the solutions to fixing loot in D4 is that it isn't similar enough to D3...
The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

It's easy to spot all the casual ARPG enjoyers in this thread and apparently D4's big problem is that it isn't casual enough.

No. The end game sucks and is boring as fuck. Paragon is completely uninspired as the rest of the bullshit "end game" which shouldn't shock anyone as they didn't have paragon boards done (With nothing but bullshit stat increases) until a week before launch. And the loot is completely terrible without any fun to be had in gearing builds against a horrid scaling system that always pulls you back from ever really feeling like you made any progress.

Actual fun activities, gearing higher loot rewards for harder content (It isn't scaling properly) or getting rid of the awful uninspired system they have in place would be a start. Hellfire is boring as absolute fuck and the rewards also suck. You are better off running side quests and going to the shop to keep purchasing random shit you need out of the vendor until you get a legendary (Unique's in WT3 are fucking retarded awful). Hellfires could have been infinitely better with a little foresight into creativity which doesn't exist at Blizzard, and Nightmare dungeons are also boring as fuck without a carrot. Trees are at least somewhat fun to do with hardly any reward anyway.

The entire end game is a train wreck and my guess with FF16 launching in a couple days this game will be a fucking ghost town or people just trying out a few other classes, finishing the main story on their main.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Plus in POE you can trade for stuff. So if youre not into the whole crafting thing but good at farming currency you can always buy that piece of gear that youre missing or get shit rolls on constantly. Its basically a shared RNG pool for the community. That is of course, if you do trade, not SSF.

All these games will be grindy as fuck, with respect to loot. They have to be in a way or 4else you would roll up a character, go through story or campaign, then farm gear for a week or so then you would be done. Its the nature of these games where RNG is shit because of all the possibilities so that you stay engaged longer and not quit after a week because youre essentially done upgrading.

Also the way this game drops loot is kinda shit. Everything is all front loaded when yo enter a new WT, so it feels great for the initial few levels in a new WT, but then feels like shit for the next 15 levels when no upgrades drop anymore, or they are so rare might as well not be any. Gear Score on items should be tied to character level. so that you dont go into WT3, upgrade al of your shit within a level or two to the highest gear score, and then get shit for drops for the next 15 levels until the next WT opens for you. It should be, say, Lv50-52 drops IL 500-525, LV52-54 drops 530-550...etc... You get the point. So there is a constant progression of gear upgrades.

POE had base item levels, where the better the item level was the bigger the numbers could roll on the item. So there was a sense of progression as your Level got bigger, higher level items dropped which had higher possible roll values. This game does not have this. Its all tied to World Tier.

Plus yeah, way too many affixes on items, plus the "buckets" are not all made equal. Since most of the item affixes are all additive, and only like 2-3 are multiplicative.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No. The end game sucks and is boring as fuck. Paragon is completely uninspired as the rest of the bullshit "end game" which shouldn't shock anyone as they didn't have paragon boards done (With nothing but bullshit stat increases) until a week before launch. And the loot is completely terrible without any fun to be had in gearing builds against a horrid scaling system that always pulls you back from ever really feeling like you made any progress.

Actual fun activities, gearing higher loot rewards for harder content (It isn't scaling properly) or getting rid of the awful uninspired system they have in place would be a start. Hellfire is boring as absolute fuck and the rewards also suck. You are better off running side quests and going to the shop to keep purchasing random shit you need out of the vendor until you get a legendary (Unique's in WT3 are fucking retarded awful). Hellfires could have been infinitely better with a little foresight into creativity which doesn't exist at Blizzard, and Nightmare dungeons are also boring as fuck without a carrot. Trees are at least somewhat fun to do with hardly any reward anyway.

The entire end game is a train wreck and my guess with FF16 launching in a couple days this game will be a fucking ghost town or people just trying out a few other classes, finishing the main story on their main.
Paragon is great. WTF you talking about? The problem is you level so god damn slow post 50, plus the runes level even slower that you dont feel the paragon unless you grind the ever living shit out of this game post 50. But yeah, the paragon system is great and despite what you think has a lot of depth to it.

• 1Like