Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lol, it's hilarious that you picked an actual build enabling unique, left out that it has FRW as well, and don't realize what replenishes quantity allows for. Both Eth, and huge QoL being able to play lightning fury without having to go back to town every 2 minutes.

Yes... that actually is a well thought out unique.

Never change bud.
You got me, i've totally never played D2 and didn't play D2R either. It provides convenience in the form of not having to go to town to repair as often (and yet you still needed 2 to effectively run cow levels because 1 was often not enough), it was build enabling due to the fact that javelins were dogshit without it (thanks for agreeing with my point that d2 "build diversity and amazing itemization" was just 0-3 builds per class that 100% required certain uniques and that was the extent of the "build diversity and itemization"). Oooh, faster run walk, that's a revolutionary stat that's never been seen before either, my mistake for not mentioning it along with the damage mods and other generic mods on there. You're arguing that more generic stats on an item make it more meaningful? If D4 items had 17 affixes each but were still chosen from the same pool, would that make them "more well thought out"?

• 2Moron
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I guess you need to git gud?

The only time I'm ever at risk of dying is when I'm CCed. And while there are numerous ways to gain unstoppable, it isn't like it has a 100% uptime and there's a fuckload of CC in this game.

So basically the RF build of D4.

Except sapphire is only 3% each, Topaz is 10%. Also, it isn't just hard CC like stun/freeze. It also includes chill, slow, the bees melee slow, etc.
I need to git gud because I use amethyst to reduce dot but you don't need to git gud because you use topaz to help with cc? Ok then.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You got me, i've totally never played D2 and didn't play D2R either. It provides convenience in the form of not having to go to town to repair as often (and yet you still needed 2 to effectively run cow levels because 1 was often not enough), it was build enabling due to the fact that javelins were dogshit without it (thanks for agreeing with my point that d2 "build diversity and amazing itemization" was just 0-3 builds per class that 100% required certain uniques and that was the extent of the "build diversity and itemization"). Oooh, faster run walk, that's a revolutionary stat that's never been seen before either, my mistake for not mentioning it along with the damage mods and other generic mods on there. You're arguing that more generic stats on an item make it more meaningful? If D4 items had 17 affixes each but were still chosen from the same pool, would that make them "more well thought out"?

Haha. There are tons of actually bad uniques in D2 and you chose one that is very well itemized. And now you're spewing paragraphs of unintelligible nonsense.

Like I said, never change. Lots of entertainment value there.

• 2Moron

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I need to git gud because I use amethyst to reduce dot but you don't need to git gud because you use topaz to help with cc? Ok then.
Except there are about 1001 more CC effects and mobs that have some form of CC than there are "press space to move out of the green shit".

In terms of "how often/how much does this benefit me"(aka "uptime"), Topaz pretty much always comes out ahead except in circumstances like Bears where unstoppable has at/near 100% uptime - which I'm betting gets nerfed at some point.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Except there are about 1001 more CC effects and mobs that have some form of CC than there are "press space to move out of the green shit".

In terms of "how often/how much does this benefit me"(aka "uptime"), Topaz pretty much always comes out ahead except in circumstances like Bears where unstoppable has at/near 100% uptime - which I'm betting gets nerfed at some point.
Sounds like you need to git gud. You can press space to move out of the cc hits just as much as you can to move out of the dot pools, not to mention all the mods on sigils that give extra dmg as dot or the big packs of 5000 toxic spiders.

• 1Moron

Argarth

On the verandah
Really enjoying the Flurry Rogue, so decided to uncover every last nook and cranny on the map. Really satisfying, and holy shit, that took a while.

NOT going to enjoy doing that again on an Alt. In fact it kinda puts me off, and will likely wait, or hope, for a toggle map option in Adventure mode.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like you need to git gud. You can press space to move out of the cc hits just as much as you can to move out of the dot pools, not to mention all the mods on sigils that give extra dmg as dot or the big packs of 5000 toxic spiders.
Yes, you can. Except the amount of CC hits vs. the amount of dot pools isn't even close. There's a fucking ungodly amount of CC in this game and again..it isn't just hard CC that it applies to either. And also Amethysts are 8%, Topaz is 10%.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Really enjoying the Flurry Rogue, so decided to uncover every last nook and cranny on the map. Really satisfying, and holy shit, that took a while.

NOT going to enjoy doing that again on an Alt. In fact it kinda puts me off, and will likely wait, or hope, for a toggle map option in Adventure mode.
They said you won't have to uncover the map or find statues again and that you'll get all the rep for those automatically, so likely level 3 rep if you have them all.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well that's funny, the new end game necro meta is a spec that allegedly achieves 100% uptime on invulnerability named infinimist.

Have to stack lucky hit. Here is the spec; I'm sure this was well tested, intentional, and in no way will be nerfed before season 1:

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Anyone playing ps5 couch coop experience crashes? Wife and I get a crash every hour or two while handling inventory in town, super annoying. At release we were getting crashes often when porting to town.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yes, you can. Except the amount of CC hits vs. the amount of dot pools isn't even close. There's a fucking ungodly amount of CC in this game and again..it isn't just hard CC that it applies to either. And also Amethysts are 8%, Topaz is 10%.
And by mixing them up I can survive dot pools and cc hits instead of being slightly more tanky vs one and then dying in 0.2 seconds if I happen to get stuck in a dot pool for more than 0.1 seconds (possibly due to one of the plethora of cc abilities to look out for).

Well that's funny, the new end game necro meta is a spec that allegedly achieves 100% uptime on invulnerability named infinimist.

Have to stack lucky hit. Here is the spec; I'm sure this was well tested, intentional, and in no way will be nerfed before season 1:
I'm sure it will get nerfed, just like all the OP stuff that gets found in almost every game. Is this supposed to be some "aha, gotcha blizzard shitters!" thing? It happens so often in PoE that i've become fairly certain the GGG devs specifically code in "bugs" and other stuff that they can abuse to farm for RMT and then "fix the bug" after they make their money off it (lol at pain attunement working with CI for a month in the last league, how does that happen accidentally).

• 1Moron
  • 1Truth!

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And by mixing them up I can survive dot pools and cc hits instead of being slightly more tanky vs one and then dying in 0.2 seconds if I happen to get stuck in a dot pool for more than 0.1 seconds (possibly due to one of the plethora of cc abilities to look out for).

I'm sure it will get nerfed, just like all the OP stuff that gets found in almost every game. Is this supposed to be some "aha, gotcha blizzard shitters!" thing? It happens so often in PoE that i've become fairly certain the GGG devs specifically code in "bugs" and other stuff that they can abuse to farm for RMT and then "fix the bug" after they make their money off it (lol at pain attunement working with CI for a month in the last league, how does that happen accidentally).
Nah, it's more just a funny use of mechanics and commenting that a proper testing team should have caught something like this. Actibliz notoriously fired a vast majority of their QC department, a few years ago though.

I don't know anything about GGG or their testing methods/budget, or lack thereof (or frankly care about much of anything PoE related).

Chris

Potato del Grande
I got half topaz half amethyst in my armor sockets. Considering how much people cry about poison pools being op, I dunno why you wouldn't want DoT reduction. I don't think it's bugged or anything because I certainly notice a difference in how fast I die to dot stuff if I don't have any amethysts socketed.
While it seems like a reasonable choice, I've never once died to floor poison. I dodge if I'm losing HP and dots take time to kill so pop a potion.

Meanwhile CC can happen out of nowhere, for example the little ice orbs that freeze you being hidden under the carpet of enemies.

Great itemisation that most gem stats are useless!

Almost as unique as Titan's
Titan's Revenge
Ceremonial Javelin
Throw Damage
: (70-79) To (185-212)
One-Hand Damage: (70-79) To (137-155)
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 109
Max Stack: 140
Javelin Class – Fast Attack Speed
(Amazon Only)
+150-200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 25-50 Damage
+2 To Amazon Skill Levels
5-9% Life Stolen Per Hit
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+20 To Strength
+20 To Dexterity
Replenishes Quantity [1 in 3 sec.]
Increased Stack Size [60]
+2 To Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)

It replenishes quantity and has + damage and + skills, such amazing item design, set the gold standard for centuries to come. A handcrafted, timeless masterpiece.

Look at this bad boy:
BG1 Varscona.png

Complicated doesn't mean good. These are clear, readable items with desirable stats which are better than the stuff that commonly drops.

D4 items have lots of shit stats you don't want, can often be opaque in if they are an improvement or not because of similar conditional +damage stats and this shit is dropping non stop.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
They said you won't have to uncover the map or find statues again and that you'll get all the rep for those automatically, so likely level 3 rep if you have them all.
Was that anounced for a future patch? Must have missed it.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
While it seems like a reasonable choice, I've never once died to floor poison. I dodge if I'm losing HP and dots take time to kill so pop a potion.

Meanwhile CC can happen out of nowhere, for example the little ice orbs that freeze you being hidden under the carpet of enemies.

Great itemisation that most gem stats are useless!

Look at this bad boy:

Complicated doesn't mean good. These are clear, readable items with desirable stats which are better than the stuff that commonly drops.

D4 items have lots of shit stats you don't want, can often be opaque in if they are an improvement or not because of similar conditional +damage stats and this shit is dropping non stop.
But that's still much better than POE where you need an external program like Path of building to tell what is an upgrade and what is not most of the time endgame

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
These are clear, readable items with desirable stats which are better than the stuff that commonly drops.

D4 items have lots of shit stats you don't want
I'm seriously questioning whether or not half this thread has ever played an ARPG before.

Why do you think Neversink is so popular for PoE? What makes it useful, would you say?

• 1Galaxy Brain

Chris

Potato del Grande
But that's still much better than POE where you need an external program like Path of building to tell what is an upgrade and what is not most of the time endgame
In PoE endgame you may choose to use a program to see if +burning damage, or +fire damage, or -fire resists is more useful. PoE isn't perfect and you can absolutley critisise that.

But D4 has the same thing. I have no idea if +poisoned damage or +dazed damage is better because it's difficult to know the uptime of those status effects.

So essentially you are saying that D4 has better itemisation because nobody made the DPS parsing website yet.

PoE doesn't have plentiful garbage stats like "Lucky Hit: 5% chance to gain 30% movement speed if you hit a crowd controlled enemy with a critical hit" and the loot table being that shit. This is the issue, not minmaxing for pinnacle bosses and clear time.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Anyone playing ps5 couch coop experience crashes? Wife and I get a crash every hour or two while handling inventory in town, super annoying. At release we were getting crashes often when porting to town.

Not as often as that, maybe once every other play session, but almost always related to opening inventory windows too quickly at blacksmith at same time.

• 1Like