Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well that's funny, the new end game necro meta is a spec that allegedly achieves 100% uptime on invulnerability named infinimist.

Have to stack lucky hit. Here is the spec; I'm sure this was well tested, intentional, and in no way will be nerfed before season 1:
yea i started using something like this a few nights ago, i noticed the skellys were being wrecked so easily, it just got annoying resummoning, kept the golem still tho.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally got Renown maxed. I don't see me doing that again. I rather redo the story every season even if that is boring as hell also in games like these.

Doing PoE story every League is really what puts me off returning every new season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Finally got Renown maxed. I don't see me doing that again. I rather redo the story every season even if that is boring as hell also in games like these.

Doing PoE story every League is really what puts me off returning every new season.
PoE has a story?

• 1Cringe
  • 1Moron

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think itemization is fine, in fact I think there is too fucking many affixes on items diluting the pool too much. I dont get the beef with items in this game really. They even brought new shit to the game with such things as vulnerable, overpower, fortify, close, far, luck, and of course you have shit like crit, crit dmg, certain items buffing your tree skills +1 or more. I mean its all good shit. I dont understand why you guys thing itemization is shit. Plus on top of all this you have the unique which even give builds more options.

Plus they can always add more unique to the game, they already said, or at least I saw a youtube video that they will be adding and flershing out the skill trees over time. For what they have in release its fine. Im sure over time they will add classes, skills, items, etc...
Basically this. The itemization is good, there's just too large of an affix pool and too few slots on items.

5 affix rares at endgame would solve pretty much everything. That way you could get an item with 3 great affixes, reroll a 4th, and the 5th would just be a bonus. The few items with 4 or 5 great affixes would be chase rares worth actually selling in the trade Discord.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
PoE has a story?
Not in your face story with the player at the center of everything, like D3, D4, or Saturday morning cartoons. Most of it is more like D2 or Elden Ring, where you uncover and follow recent events and their repercussions. The 3.0 expansion was more in your face and involving the player in a savior role, but I'd not say that approach is any better than just putting the world/setting out there and let people figure it out (if they want).

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
PoE story is uh. Well you committed a crime and your punishment was exile to the POE island. This island is full of ancient civilizations and ruins... monsters... and whatnot. As you were sent there for the crime of severe autism you scour ruins and ancient mazes until you stumble upon the map traversal machine.

This lets you travel across the planes or some bullshit but you're bored so you just go fuck it and start running maps. Some cunt tells you that someone is shaping reality and he's probably bad news. So you autistically set out to find him and kill him. Along with the Elder because fuck that guy too. Whoever he is.

You also kill off the resurrected ancient emperor because that guy is also a prick and you have nothing better to do.

That is about all the story I ever got out of POE. Its better this way.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Not in your face story with the player at the center of everything, like D3, D4, or Saturday morning cartoons. Most of it is more like D2 or Elden Ring, where you uncover and follow recent events and their repercussions. The 3.0 expansion was more in your face and involving the player in a savior role, but I'd not say that approach is any better than just putting the world/setting out there and let people figure it out (if they want).
I actually really liked the 'story' of PoE, and the comparison to Elden Ring is spot on. The story is something you kinda construct in your mind from various flavor text. I really liked Izaro and the labyrinth particularly, thematically and mechanically.
because that guy is also a prick
He sure is!

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Meanwhile in D4 its more like, hey Wanderer, patiently wait while I take forever to open this door for you. Let me tell you about this cool Horadrim shit I found.

Bitch I do not care, hurry this up would you?

And Izaro that's his name! I remember now TY Mist Mist

• 2Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
In PoE endgame you may choose to use a program to see if +burning damage, or +fire damage, or -fire resists is more useful. PoE isn't perfect and you can absolutley critisise that.

But D4 has the same thing. I have no idea if +poisoned damage or +dazed damage is better because it's difficult to know the uptime of those status effects.

So essentially you are saying that D4 has better itemisation because nobody made the DPS parsing website yet.

PoE doesn't have plentiful garbage stats like "Lucky Hit: 5% chance to gain 30% movement speed if you hit a crowd controlled enemy with a critical hit" and the loot table being that shit. This is the issue, not minmaxing for pinnacle bosses and clear time.

You right, PoE has a copious amount of only meaningful stats such as light radius + accuracy, reduced attribute requirements, thorns, resistances on weapons so that you can do zero damage while wielding them and still being resist capped even without them, stun duration, + level of melee gems, stun and block recovery, leech of both varieties as well as life and mana on kill. I'm sure i'm forgetting some other amazing affixes. Oh ya, don't forget there are 25 tiers of all of these awe inspiring affixes, too.

• 2Moron
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

skylan

Trakanon Raider
Are there any viable necro minion builds ? I am considering trying one out but I hardly ever see necros with minions in game. Seems they're all copying the bone spirit / bone spear / whatever is classified tier S on icyveins or maxroll. I don't care about being S tier but I also don't want to play it if it's super weak, and if I'm going to be a caster without an army of undead I might as well just play sorc.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are there any viable necro minion builds ? I am considering trying one out but I hardly ever see necros with minions in game. Seems they're all copying the bone spirit / bone spear / whatever is classified tier S on icyveins or maxroll. I don't care about being S tier but I also don't want to play it if it's super weak, and if I'm going to be a caster without an army of undead I might as well just play sorc.
There are various minion builds that are slower to kill, but much less dancing around. I tried one of the hardcore builds, but it was slow and focused on not dying. So I hybridized it with the sever shadow build and it worked ok for T3 (mid levels). It needed some uniques to make it more useful/fun. HERE is the post to give you some idea (w/ some screen shots of the spec and link to original video).

I am sure there are better specs around for minion builds though, you just have to find them. Maxroll has a few specs that use various amounts of pets, under the leveling tier list. Icy-veins is supposed to be decent now days (?) and they have a few one endgame pet spec too: HERE.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
PoE story is uh. Well you committed a crime and your punishment was exile to the POE island. This island is full of ancient civilizations and ruins... monsters... and whatnot. As you were sent there for the crime of severe autism you scour ruins and ancient mazes until you stumble upon the map traversal machine.

This lets you travel across the planes or some bullshit but you're bored so you just go fuck it and start running maps. Some cunt tells you that someone is shaping reality and he's probably bad news. So you autistically set out to find him and kill him. Along with the Elder because fuck that guy too. Whoever he is.

You also kill off the resurrected ancient emperor because that guy is also a prick and you have nothing better to do.

That is about all the story I ever got out of POE. Its better this way.

Damn good story, compared to

GIANT FAGGOT HEAD " BWAHHAHAHA NEPHILAMLGBTQ+, YOU WILL NEVER GET PAST MY GENERAL OF AIDS"

GAINT FAGGOT HEAD "BWAHHAHHA NEPHILAMLGBTQ+, YOU GOT PASY MY GENERAL OF AIDS, BUT YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT PAST THE SPIDER CUNT OF QUEERS"

GAINT FAGGOT HEAD "BWAHHAHAHA NEPHILAMLGBTQ+, YOU GOT PAST THE SPIDER CUNT OF QUEERS BUT YOU WILL NEVER GET PAST...........BLAH BLAH BLEE BLUE BLAH"

• 5Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
You right, PoE has a copious amount of only meaningful stats such as light radius + accuracy, reduced attribute requirements, thorns, resistances on weapons so that you can do zero damage while wielding them and still being resist capped even without them, stun duration, + level of melee gems, stun and block recovery, leech of both varieties as well as life and mana on kill. I'm sure i'm forgetting some other amazing affixes. Oh ya, don't forget there are 25 tiers of all of these awe inspiring affixes, too.
Do those stats roll on every single item or rarely?

PoE has a story?
You are exiled from Oriath, which is the last outpost of a fallen empire now cursed with undeath.

You travel through and learn to survive in the monster haunted ruins of that fallen empire, arriving at the ruins of it's capital, Sarn.

You piece together that the place is built upon a previous fallen empire, Vaal, and these empires keep falling because of their excessive use of magical gems to enhance themselves, the same gems you have been using and now your Orathian oppressors are repeating that mistake.

You kill the remnants of the Vaal and Sarn as well as defeating the forces of Oriath. You make your way into the mountains and find the source of the magical gems, an enormous fleshy abomination which you destroy from the inside out.

However it is revealed that it was created by a god, Sin, to strip the gods of their powers. Now the gods are back and you get to kill them all, culminating in killing the cannibal god Kitava in the now ruined Oriath.

In the ruins a machine is found that turns dream into reality, there are powerful beings in those dreams and they want to break through back into reality...

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why do you feel as though Neversink is such a popular tool? What makes it so useful?
I'm not playing PoE with any tools or special filters.

The loot in D4 has noticably more pointless shit stats, on 95% of items.

PoE items have more powerful stats, preset mods or sockets which outweigh a rare +light radius roll.

In PoE you can opt out of rare farming and get good enough uniques with preset mods through trading or even drops. D4 has uniques so rare and untradable that it doesn't matter.

In PoE you can craft items, so you can look for partially good items or good bases and craft on extra mods. In D4 you can reroll 1 mod, but usually items have more than 2 shit mod.

Why is it so hard to accept that D4 has serious issues in itemisation?

I'm buying PS5 and FF16 tomorrow so the likelihood is that I'm playing a PoE league at some point this summer and not picking this up until an expansion (if it fixes the game).

I WANT the game to be good and roll a new character for Season 1, but Blizzard need to hear us and all this tribal cope is just going to make them think they can shit out a battle pass with a new world boss, a few new item and some trivial buff.

I spent more money on this than PoE so it's not like I'm a fanboy or have a vendetta, it's in my interests for this to be a good investment.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm not playing PoE with any tools or special filters.

The loot in D4 has noticably more pointless shit stats, on 95% of items.

PoE items have more powerful stats, preset mods or sockets which outweigh a rare +light radius roll.
LMAO ok.

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It will be good....eventually. Like I said the bones are there and they are solid. But this game just needs more content, more varied end game content, if they expect people to come back every season. I think this game needs like 1-2 yrs more.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
It will be good....eventually. Like I said the bones are there and they are solid. But this game just needs more content, more varied end game content, if they expect people to come back every season. I think this game needs like 1-2 yrs more.
Obvious thing is going to be bringing back the act bosses, they are all inaccessible right?

Make Andariel and Duriel to be super hard solo challenges and maybe drop a unique a week.