Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like we needed more proof at just how inept the design of this game was. I get to killing a world boss. I had not collected the weekly Cache from this one. It is rather easy because of the 94 and 98 in the group. It of course dies.

The Cache : Requires level 80 to open.

If the loot requirement is that high, why am I even able to participate in the kill ???????????

Yeah its hilarious. You can get into wt4 around 60 to 70, yet the cache for the WB requires level 80 to open. It's been a problem for a while(since the hotfix that raised the WB levels), at least last I was on. I haven't logged in for a week or so,no clue if its fixed yet.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Are nightmare dungeons the best way to gear up as you get into T4? I'm about to be level 60, been doing T3 since level 51, feel like I haven't seen much in the way of upgrades in like 5 levels.

Still running the arc lash/chain lightning leveling build but have been gathering gear and planning on switching to ice shards. Maybe I should just pull the trigger and do that. I guess my question is will I start seeing more upgrades once I hit 60 or not until T4 at this point?
Helltides and whispers are better ways to gear than nightmare dungeons.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Are nightmare dungeons the best way to gear up as you get into T4? I'm about to be level 60, been doing T3 since level 51, feel like I haven't seen much in the way of upgrades in like 5 levels.

Still running the arc lash/chain lightning leveling build but have been gathering gear and planning on switching to ice shards. Maybe I should just pull the trigger and do that. I guess my question is will I start seeing more upgrades once I hit 60 or not until T4 at this point?
The best way to gear up in any new WT is by doing helltides. Especially if you hit all the event locations, because the chances are that there will be others there to "carry" you. Collect all your little embers and make sure you open at least 2 of the mystery chests (the 175 embers ones - those are the only ones you should be opening). If you go hard, you can push that to 4-6 but I'd shoot for at least two minimum. Helltides continue to stay a solid way to gear throughout the WT but they're super important early. They're also the only way to get enchant materials.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Well, we have 2 days of fixes coming, so hopefully these jackasses can fix what they broke earlier. Would like to play, but black screening 20 seconds to 5 minutes after starting, so no fun for me. Weeks of great gameplay, a hotfix and now can't do shit.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Also it's been posted a million times before but be sure to use Diablo 4 Helltide Event Tracker and Chest Locations when you are doing the Helltide event so you aren't wasting time trying to find the 175 chests.

I've also personally had pretty good luck getting unique items from nightmare dungeons, but it's a small sample size so I can't say definitively whether or not it's a better rate than open world.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Also it's been posted a million times before but be sure to use Diablo 4 Helltide Event Tracker and Chest Locations when you are doing the Helltide event so you aren't wasting time trying to find the 175 chests.

I've also personally had pretty good luck getting unique items from nightmare dungeons, but it's a small sample size so I can't say definitively whether or not it's a better rate than open world.
maybe Amod Amod can make the owner of the thread someone else besides a faggot thats gone, to put that in the info page

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm seeing so much negativity around this game right now on YouTube, seems like the game is done?

• 1Like
  • 1NPC
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Nah, it's just alot of people who have zero clue what an aRPG is, let alone a Diablo aRPG. They think this thing is an MMO that they should be logging on everyday for the next 5 years with the same character. They can't wrap their brains around the normal aRPG seasons concept, so we see hair pulling and the gnashing of teeth.

Then you get the people like myself, who are pissed because the game is optimized for shit, and many of us can't even play but want to.

Then you have the autistic META clowns who complete everything, hit 100, and have 300+ hours played crying that there is nothing to do.

When season 1 starts the game will be packed again, and the whole process will repeat itself.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm at lvl 67 still, can't imagine poop socking games nowadays. I enjoyed the story but can't be bothered to grind these games anymore. Might get to 70 but not really seeing the point to it.

Will try another class other than Necro when S1 arrives but for now I feel done with having done story and renown.

Taking a break now for some FF16.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm seeing so much negativity around this game right now on YouTube, seems like the game is done?

I know you're trolling but there's just so little reason to play in this window before S1. Don't really think anyone here wants updates on how my Altars of Lilith are going on my 73 druid.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Nah, it's just alot of people who have zero clue what an aRPG is, let alone a Diablo aRPG. They think this thing is an MMO that they should be logging on everyday for the next 5 years with the same character. They can't wrap their brains around the normal aRPG seasons concept, so we see hair pulling and the gnashing of teeth.

Then you get the people like myself, who are pissed because the game is optimized for shit, and many of us can't even play but want to.

Then you have the autistic META clowns who complete everything, hit 100, and have 300+ hours played crying that there is nothing to do.

When season 1 starts the game will be packed again, and the whole process will repeat itself.
There isn't enough content for regular players. The game has less content than Diablo Immortal.

• 2Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
there's just so little reason to play in this window before S1

IMO it's the other way around. There's no reason to play S1 because they're very unlikely to add enough content to make that experience more worthwhile than this one. I plan on playing my first character till I get bored and then revisiting in a year or two, unless the seasonal content wildly exceeds expectations. Right now the base content is too much of a slog to imagine doing it all over again. Once? Sure, I'm a masochist. Twice? I'm not that much of one.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There isn't enough content for regular players. The game has less content than Diablo Immortal.

The lack of live service in a live service game is the problem. The hope is that Season 1 will reveal changes to the live service experience.

Immortal just has a lot more live service MMO aspects. If ching chong gets put in charge of D4 expansion I think they could shape up the PvP and world bosses/raids to be on par with Immortal. But the current lead has a no confidence vote after that campfire chat. MrllamaSC also thinks that campfire chat did a lot of damage to hopes for the future. The D4 team just doesn't seem to get it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Opinion of a filthy casual 0-10 hours of gaming a week type player that has already been said twenty times:

One of my chief problems with the game is that it feels single player and dead and I hate that. I enjoyed Diablo 3 because I could easily hop in and out of groups and go right into gameplay. Grinding these bland ass dungeons would be at least more fun in a group. I get I could find groups on Discord but how the fuck do you not have that built in, in fucking 2023. I mean holy shit.

What in the mother of fuck were they thinking for making it like this.

Second the itemization is just boring. It doesn’t make me want to keep playing. It’s just awful.

Skill trees shouldn’t cost anything to redo. Neither should the paragon board. Where the fuck is armory to save sets and builds.

fuckinthingsucksbilloreilly.jpg

I like the “base” of the game and it probably WILL be better but it’s a really lame start and inexcusable.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I will agree that adding an "open world" without going full Lost Ark with it is just weird. Maybe there are some major things planned for S1+ to take advantage of it, but otherwise it seems insanely pointless to have spent time developing it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Opinion of a filthy casual 0-10 hours of gaming a week type player that has already been said twenty times:

One of my chief problems with the game is that it feels single player and dead and I hate that. I enjoyed Diablo 3 because I could easily hop in and out of groups and go right into gameplay. Grinding these bland ass dungeons would be at least more fun in a group. I get I could find groups on Discord but how the fuck do you not have that built in, in fucking 2023. I mean holy shit.

What in the mother of fuck were they thinking for making it like this.

Second the itemization is just boring. It doesn’t make me want to keep playing. It’s just awful.

Skill trees shouldn’t cost anything to redo. Neither should the paragon board. Where the fuck is armory to save sets and builds.

fuckinthingsucksbilloreilly.jpg

I like the “base” of the game and it probably WILL be better but it’s a really lame start and inexcusable.

I'm guessing you didn't see the campfire chat. There is no guarantee, probably is definitely the word you want to use very liberally here.

The D4 lead literally shrugged off group functions and said no ETA lol. "Probably" is right. Because that asshole can't even guarantee basic live service functions that other Diablo's have including D3.

I can click into a group in D2R also from the menu. What's D4's excuse?

• 2Like