Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Barb at level 78 is pretty fun, I'd recommend it.

Sucks that you're essentially limited to a WW/HOTA/Death Blow build though, but my Hota build is pretty fun, went a lil away from the maxroll recommendation since I didnt want to have 3 shouts, but overall pretty consistent dmg.

Granted, I'm only soloing t34-t37 so I am sure I'd need to refine it further if I gave a fuck about uber Lilith or NM100, but having fun casually hasn't been an issue.
I know some people don't like it but I love 3 shouts + Wraith of the Beserker, Lunging Strike and HOTA with the AOE aspect; focus on cooldown reduction, beserk dmg and uptime, and I never die except when I mistime elite burst dmg when my shouts are down or I am just not paying attention/run out of potions. Its super sweet, and I love the moment to moment gameplay. There are some issues with skills not firing at times, you can see the buttons being pressed in the UI and the skills not going off but the combat is super fun. I hear my lvl 100 buddies complaining about the overlapping ground effects in NM dungeons being deadly but I have played this more than I have played any game in a long time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I pretty much stopped playing in the 80's but the proper Arc Lash build is just as easy and I pretty much can kill anything without effort. I tried the build Mizake was talking about at lower levels and it was ok but ended up being ass since you have to worry about cooldowns. With the proper arc lash build you never even give a single rats ass shit about mana, you just buttfuck plow all monsters without any effort required at all.

As for it being squishy, yes you can be there are random fag mobs that 1 shot you in the NM 50+ range it's pretty much just this little American Inventor faggot here. Deadliest mob in the game everything else is piss easy.

kc7byzazs89b1.jpg

Lol, yes.

And the other faggot is that skelly archer that makes the red runway zone light up when he's about to cast, and if you are caught in that it's like instadeath also.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I pretty much stopped playing in the 80's but the proper Arc Lash build is just as easy and I pretty much can kill anything without effort. I tried the build Mizake was talking about at lower levels and it was ok but ended up being ass since you have to worry about cooldowns. With the proper arc lash build you never even give a single rats ass shit about mana, you just buttfuck plow all monsters without any effort required at all.

As for it being squishy, yes you can be there are random fag mobs that 1 shot you in the NM 50+ range it's pretty much just this little American Inventor faggot here. Deadliest mob in the game everything else is piss easy.

kc7byzazs89b1.jpg

I hate those damn things.

• 1Solidarity

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Barb really fucking sucks as a concept when 4 of your abilities have to be 3 shouts and your ult. Makes that shit kinda fucking gay.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Barb really fucking sucks as a concept when 4 of your abilities have to be 3 shouts and your ult. Makes that shit kinda fucking gay.
Pretty much every sorc build is 4 defensives. It’s a class that makes no fucking sense, all of the conjuration skills use mana and are worse than core skills which also use mana, so obviously no one ever uses them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Builders & Spenders (and resource management in general) is a retarded concept for a type of game that's only about perpetually blowing your load all over everything.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Agreed that's why I settled for 2 shouts and ground stomp to at least have a bit more options.

Honestly I had more fun with one shout and leap / ground stomp but it just wasn't strong enough to keep pushing NMs.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
All those barb shouts should be rolled into one shout with different passives points giving the one shout different effects. Because it is boring as fuck when 3-4 of your ability bar is shouts with 15+ sec CD. DUMB!

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Necro has that issue with corpse tendrils, decrepify , and blood mist. I guess depending upon your build your pigeon holed into you then get the pic maybe two skills max, but if you're going to run the mess bestest efficient whatever, there's not a single build that doesn't include at least those three.

The moment you decide to do summons you have to have your skeletons and your golem on your bar so you get one skill to pick from.

Need two more active skills and I think I'd be happy, but you can't do that but you probably can, with their stupid design to integrate the consoles. All I want to be able to do is hit shift and switch to a secondary bar of four skills, like the old days.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
All those barb shouts should be rolled into one shout with different passives points giving the one shout different effects. Because it is boring as fuck when 3-4 of your ability bar is shouts with 15+ sec CD. DUMB!
It's the same thing with necro and having to have your stupid skeletons and golem each taking up a slot on your bar. If a specific class gets buffs or some other abilities that are core to the class, it's a feature of the class and as such, you should be able to use it anytime you want. It's what makes that particular class different than the others. At least two more skill slots what alleviate a lot of problems with builds, run afterwards you can start looking at individual skills.

Shouldn't have to always shoe horn in specific things to be viable at higher tiers.

Last edited:

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
To sum up the last several posts, Blizzard is incapable of understanding what "fun" playstyles are like, and so every fucking build in this game has some sort of inherent sad trombone facet that sucks the life out of it.

And the resource maintenance in this game is bullshit. Just give us mana and health pots for fuck sakes. The build I followed isn't resource balanced until about LEVEL 80.

• 4Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Joe Shely confirmed nerfs are coming in Tuesday's patch, I'd put Druid and Rogue right at the top of classes getting hit. He didn't say anything about buffs other than that they can't always just buff stuff
Bone spear is gonna get fucked, too. Can't have anybody having fun, and it's not like that build is particularly enjoyable, just useful.

I'd rather be able to run my skeletons around and be effective, but that requires a little bit too much work on the back end.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Alkaiser did a review of barb unique items.

Every unique is in D tier, except Harragoths which is a C.

There is zero synergy between the uniques and the barbbskills that are useable.

Sad fucking shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Alkaiser did a review of barb unique items.

Every unique is in D tier, except Harragoths which is a C.

There is zero synergy between the uniques and the barbbskills that are useable.

Sad fucking shit.

heheheeeee

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
The console excuse is such bs. So many other games on console have abilities that go way beyond five or six choices. All you have to do is create a combo button and it opens up a lot more options. For example R1 (combo button) plus whatever other button. Bliz is just lazy or inept because they would have to balance for all those possible skill combos. That's my 2 cents.

Wasn't there a game on console that had little choices but you could select pro mode or some crap and it opened up a lot more possibilities? It was like turning off the hand holding. Probably several examples of that now days...

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I play Rimworld with a controller.

D4 too complicated for that.

What a shitshow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So happily bopping around at level 75 doing Tier 30 Nightmare Dungeons but I inspected a few level 100s at an event and their gear was about the same item level (~800) as my own. I take it that drops stop getting better past a certain current tier?

It seems bonkers to me that someone could do Tier 100 Nightmares in 750-800 gear, but I suppose the Paragon synergy is what makes up the difference. If so I should consider more survivability type nodes as my current path is mostly +damage oriented.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Items max out at 840. You have already reached the max as far as parameter ranges, which is the most important thing. Increasing your item levels only increase primary stat on the item, like armor and dps; sure, that’s important, but not as important as getting perfect rolls on increased critical strike, cool down reduction, etc…whatever else is important for your particular build. A 750 item with 4 perfect rolls is far more valuable than a 840 item with so-so rolls. Which is why upgrades are so hard to come by after level 70-ish, and why you still have to waste so much time looking at almost every rare item that drops.

They need to probably add another range for items that drop level 80-100, and also increase the item level range another 60 points, top out at 900, but of course that would make current content too easy so it’s a Blizzard no-no. God forbid our characters feel powerful.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Agreed that's why I settled for 2 shouts and ground stomp to at least have a bit more options.

Honestly I had more fun with one shout and leap / ground stomp but it just wasn't strong enough to keep pushing NMs.

I play 2 shouts with leap and enjoy it. I pop Ancient guys and that keeps my fury. I know it's not "by the book" and I'm only 73 but it seems to suit me.