Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The smartest guy at the company was the one who restricted open beta events to level 25 and limited any access to the full game for reviewers until 9 days before launch.

He knew what D4 was.

• 7Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
With the sheer retard budget they had for this project if they just hired talent instead of bus stop signs and whores they would be milking microtransaction cash for the next 10 years. Instead it's a one and done dumpsterfire.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Isn’t this the game they went out into the desert to record fire, insect noises and coyote farts? Bragging about how hard they went at the sound aspect it’s funny to hear they even fucked that up.
Which is even worse because the overworld feels completely dead. Sure, there are mobs, but they all make pretty much the same sounds, and there isn't a unique area in the entire game. It all feels like it was purchased on a Unity assets store for $14.99 and the team spent half a day placing them then forgot about it.

They spent a zillion dollars on those stupid cinematics that people only watch once, and put no unique NPC's or sounds in any of the towns.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Which is even worse because the overworld feels completely dead. Sure, there are mobs, but they all make pretty much the same sounds, and there isn't a unique area in the entire game. It all feels like it was purchased on a Unity assets store for $14.99 and the team spent half a day placing them then forgot about it.

They spent a zillion dollars on those stupid cinematics that people only watch once, and put no unique NPC's or sounds in any of the towns.

Yeah but bro they filmed themselves swinging fire around on ropes in the desert. Money well spent.

Hell I feel like McQuiad could have made a better Diablo with 90% of the budget going up his nose, and he was a complete fraud before he died.

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Got bored, reinstalled. Made it halfway through a NM dungeon, uninstalled. I thought there was a big patch to fix a bunch of things? Everything is 100% as bad as before. I quit before the boss because I remembered they buffed boss hp without giving me more power. Neat idea to go the opposite way when players complain about having no power...make the bosses live longer!

There is absolutely no fixing this game without firing 100% of the people working on it. Also, wtf is up with stupid "campfire chats", makes these morons look even faggier than they already are.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah but bro they filmed themselves swinging fire around on ropes in the desert. Money well spent.

Hell I feel like McQuiad could have made a better Diablo with 90% of the budget going up his nose, and he was a complete fraud before he died.
Wait he died?

• 3Seriously?
  • 1Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hated the stupid crap horse. I had up my rogues movement speed on release and that's so much better and intuitive. And now that seasons started with horses I hated them even more!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I quit before the boss because I remembered they buffed boss hp without giving me more power. Neat idea to go the opposite way when players complain about having no power...make the bosses live longer!

Not sure what class you play, but I can tell you that as a Barbarian I am now beating bosses that took me about 1 minute to kill, in like five seconds in level 70ish NM dungeons. It's silly really. But fun as shit to be killing shit at Rogue speeds.

The malignant hearts, especially the Barber have made builds that just wouldn't work unless you had perfect gear on Barbarian previously, not just viable, but good to great.

I'm level 93? I have tried several builds from Thorns to Double Swing. Every single one is pretty speed run viable.

Now, the stupidity of Blizzard is that they have put all the games gameplay/design eggs in one basket. I have zero faith that they will realize that aspects and malignant hearts just need to be toned down ,activated passives once discovered. Like the Barbarian expertise for all classes. Figure out a better way to have players build up their characters. Like I don't know...less fuckin useless stats on a gear to make up for the OP hearts?!

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
For whatever reason the Boss HP change didn't happen. Wudijo did an extensive test and ya, they are the same as they were still.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I got the coveted 3.1 Barber.

bbb.jpg

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Dungeon Design Process:
1) Make a dungeon
2) Add bells to backtrack for
3) Get critisism from senior designer who changes it but keeps the the core bell idea
4) Have a meeting for as many people as possible to playtest dungeon
5) Write ideas on a whiteboard
6) Swap dungeon with another designer
7) Try and reduce backtracking. Keep the backtracking bells
8) Despite all of this every dungeon is identical except for the backtracking gimmick
9) Nobody plays the dungeon because it isn't in the nightmare dungeon rotation
10) Accidentally reveal that the blizzcon demo version of the end boss had fake features that were cut from the final game

The Designers:
Masculine and Feminine Lesbian
Awkward laugh when asked how they got into game design
Both failed architecture school
Snort of derision when asked why they wanted to design dungeons full of monsters
Was mysteriously hired straight out of school
Spam 1 basic skill and die because potions were not being used
Celebrates beating a WT1 boss very slowly saying it's a tough SOB

This is worse than the D3 legendary design panel at an old Blizzcon which had a very similar whiteboards and big long meetings theme.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Why is 3.1 coveted? Would have thought that’s .1-.2 seconds too slow. Thought 2-5-2-8 was the good sweet spot.

Same here man. I finally farmed a 2.8 barber. Until I get an upgrade on my neck it will just sit in the bank

I think the going thought is that maybe you will always get the damage in that 3 second vulnerable window?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ya. I have to admit. Not in your best interest to have these two showcasing your game. They honestly were better off having this fuckin thing playing than those two...

View attachment 486404
Better off? Bro - I would fucking love having Beetle Juice play D4. Super nerd that shit up or Conan O'brien-esque that shit up. Not this cuck, low T bullshit they, for some reason, think is ok in a fucking Diablo game.

• 2Like