Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Argarth

On the verandah
Playing on Eternal, ditched my seasonal, couldn't take the leveling slog again.

Lvl 84 and still no Ring of Mendeln for my summoner Necro. Many multiples of every other Necro unique except the "ultra-rare". Really enjoy the play style, but I'm basically a gimp without it. Sucks.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Playing on Eternal, ditched my seasonal, couldn't take the leveling slog again.

Lvl 84 and still no Ring of Mendeln for my summoner Necro. Many multiples of every other Necro unique except the "ultra-rare". Really enjoy the play style, but I'm basically a gimp without it. Sucks.
I feel your pain, finally passed my Eternal character with my seasonal Barb, stil haven't seen a single temerity pants drop, though I will say that the barber makes my HOTA build feel insanely fun.

Granted, am only capable of around NM50-NM52 currently, but at level 85 it has been a blast. The drops, on the otherhand, have been 99.9% trash. If they could make incremental upgrades more likely somehow I would enjoy it so much more.

Initially wanted to hit 100 before I quit but we'll see how long I can stck with it. Leveling becomes super slow, so 90-100 is gonna take forever.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I feel your pain, finally passed my Eternal character with my seasonal Barb, stil haven't seen a single temerity pants drop, though I will say that the barber makes my HOTA build feel insanely fun.

Granted, am only capable of around NM50-NM52 currently, but at level 85 it has been a blast. The drops, on the otherhand, have been 99.9% trash. If they could make incremental upgrades more likely somehow I would enjoy it so much more.

Initially wanted to hit 100 before I quit but we'll see how long I can stck with it. Leveling becomes super slow, so 90-100 is gonna take forever.
imagine how much more fun this would be if i could say
"yo dawg, login tonight and i'll give you my worst pair of temerity pants, i gots 5!"

farming for stupid shit that is essential to a "build" is phinigel levels retarded

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Guessing a WIP d4 private server still beats the real one.

I just wish people would stop trying to keep it always online and just release an open source tool to play "Solo", would be an instant overnight hit. It would allow things like running a private server on your "LAN" too. I dunno, I feel like everyone is just trying to take advantage of the grift.

---

Tried D4 reflection last night. Virus Scanning the whole way, 0 issues so far.

I can't tell if it's the host or the game, but the game is running about as well as it did for the early release. Currently they are on client 1.1.0 from blizzard.

A good amount of jankyness from trying to figure out how stuff works on their end. Stuff like being able to walk outside the intended map before you are officially allowed to explore, which means 0 mobs and interactable locations if you don't do the main act.

Still, a very good start for having D4 not bound to the clusterfuck that is Blizzard.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
imagine how much more fun this would be if i could say
"yo dawg, login tonight and i'll give you my worst pair of temerity pants, i gots 5!"

farming for stupid shit that is essential to a "build" is phinigel levels retarded

Phinigel Autropos would be offended, D4 is MUCH more retarded than he.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
did they up the barber drop rate? 5 tunnels i got 2, wife got 1

barber is stupid, i literally just walk up to mobs spam cast furry and just keep on walking

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
did they up the barber drop rate? 5 tunnels i got 2, wife got 1

barber is stupid, i literally just walk up to mobs spam cast furry and just keep on walking
Yep. They increased all the malignant stuff across the board (drop rates, mobs, etc.). There are and were so many things in this season pass that are just so time intensive and/or difficult to obtain (not difficult as in skill) that it just doesnt even make sense that anyone would want to pay for it until they are max level. Its great that theyre nerfing it as they go - but the fact that it was difficult/time intensive to finish in the first place should make everyone question the IQ of the people that implemented it. "Hey, lets take the thing that was suppose to give us a steady supply of money every 3 months and make it all but impossible for a casual player to finish! Genius!"

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
LOL this game

Wasn't the justifcation they used for not having more item slots. "Oh Gee every time you load into the world it has to load all your items too " Now you can't even trade anything.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Well populism and YT affectation aside he's right. Also I was really depressed after POE league 3.22 launch this weekend. POE really has its rough edges, but boy if you find a nice yellow at level 10 you are a happy player. They got the core gameplay so right it hurts. Whereas D4 really shit the bed when it comes to itemization and to me that is a hard not going to play anymore, sorry. I could stomach the boring grind from 60 to wherever if there was a carrot dangling that I would find some meaningful upgrades that are not completely autism mathematics.
Worst 70 USD of my post 2000 gaming life, no really.

• 9Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 11 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well populism and YT affectation aside he's right. Also I was really depressed after POE league 3.22 launch this weekend. POE really has its rough edges, but boy if you find a nice yellow at level 10 you are a happy player. They got the core gameplay so right it hurts. Whereas D4 really shit the bed when it comes to itemization and to me that is a hard not going to play anymore, sorry. I could stomach the boring grind from 60 to wherever if there was a carrot dangling that I would find some meaningful upgrades that are not completely autism mathematics.
Worst 70 USD of my post 2000 gaming life, no really.

The irony is there is no carrots coming. Just Greater Rifts in season 3, which has never been a real carrot. If I want a GR system I'll run D3 and actually have fun.

A game about loot has no loot. Also 9,000 people worked on D4. That's just embarrassing compared to Larian's 400 on BG3. It's over.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Holocure has better game design and it's a free VTuber waifu fan fame made by one? guy.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Can't wait for the conversational dev preview where the old faggot talks about how he was shitting out blood after his colonoscopy and got the idea for this season.

Why did the gameplay footage have Warcraft 3 graphics?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
"Kids love vampires, lets try that"

Fucking faggots, how about a little DIABLO in this fucking Diablo game.

• 1Like
  • 1Smuggly

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds pretty basic so far. But.. if Im even remotely interested in playing Season 2 - at least I wont have to do the fucking renown anymore. Thank fucking God.

• 2Like