Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It doesn't matter what happens with D4 moving forward. It broke sales records, Blizzard has no reason to change their formula whatsoever because people will buy their games no matter what. The story of D4 is not new with Blizzard games/expansions. This has been going on since D3's release. After every new Blizzard release people hem and haw about all the same shit we're seeing now. And then they trip over themselves to throw money at Blizzard whenever they release a new game regardless of what Blizzard's track record has been for the past 10 years.

Nothing will change and just as many people will line up to buy the next thing Blizzard releases (which will probably be these laughable yearly expansions)

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
It doesn't matter what happens with D4 moving forward. It broke sales records,

People still have hope that "The next thing" will bring them joy from something that previously brought them joy.

I'm not saying it can't happen but the fact that these companies are driving FURTHER into the territory that brought you this bullshit should be a constant reminder to people spending money.

OH WELL, DIABLO 5 WILL FIX ALL THIS AN TURN IT AROUND!

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
People still have hope that "The next thing" will bring them joy from something that previously brought them joy.

I'm not saying it can't happen but the fact that these companies are driving FURTHER into the territory that brought you this bullshit should be a constant reminder to people spending money.

OH WELL, DIABLO 5 WILL FIX ALL THIS AN TURN IT AROUND!

The D5 announcement may have done real damage this time.

D3 didn't have any comparable incident that would damage brand trust. D5 was closely followed by a "yearly expansion" patch DLC announcement that you have to pay full retail for.

I think there will be some reduction in wallets being opened. Instead of 700m $ it might be 600m, that's true.

But a downtrend in sales figures is inevitable based on the D4 rollout so far. This is unprecedented for Blizzard. They wouldn't be caught dead talking about D4 a few weeks after D3 started to struggle.

This time is different. Noticing will continue.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It doesn't matter what happens with D4 moving forward. It broke sales records, Blizzard has no reason to change their formula whatsoever because people will buy their games no matter what. The story of D4 is not new with Blizzard games/expansions. This has been going on since D3's release. After every new Blizzard release people hem and haw about all the same shit we're seeing now. And then they trip over themselves to throw money at Blizzard whenever they release a new game regardless of what Blizzard's track record has been for the past 10 years.

Nothing will change and just as many people will line up to buy the next thing Blizzard releases (which will probably be these laughable yearly expansions)
Ok but how much profit did it turn? Did it beat analyst predictions because they probably spent more in marketing then most games entire budget.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I spent more time in Diablo Immortal than I did so far on D4, though I did level one character to 100 in season 1.

Game needs a ton of work, sad but true, the loot system is purposefully terrible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What, you don't want live service micro transactions, slavery battle passes AND yearly expansions to pay for the "live service" content they aren't making??

• 2Like

skylan

Trakanon Raider
The D5 announcement may have done real damage this time.

D3 didn't have any comparable incident that would damage brand trust. D5 was closely followed by a "yearly expansion" patch DLC announcement that you have to pay full retail for.

I think there will be some reduction in wallets being opened. Instead of 700m $ it might be 600m, that's true.

But a downtrend in sales figures is inevitable based on the D4 rollout so far. This is unprecedented for Blizzard. They wouldn't be caught dead talking about D4 a few weeks after D3 started to struggle.

This time is different. Noticing will continue.

I agree. I will not buy another blizzard game unless it's been out and has overwhelmingly positive reviews and that's a huge change in attitude from where I was at the same point last year. Even after being burned by WC3 reforged I was willing to give them another shot, but this collosal piece of shit has pushed me over the edge. I was a blizzard kid in the 90's through and through, and my fondness for the diablo / warcraft / starcraft universe is incredible. I might even throw Rock and Roll racing from the sega genesis in there because my friends and I spent 100's of hours playing it (I don't know if it was the same team making that game, but it had a Blizzard logo on one of the load screens). So if someone like me that can easily be manipulated by nostalgic brands throws in the towel on this mockery of a gaming company, there HAS to be a lot more like me.

I know, people forget quickly. I'm sure there will be hype around the expansions whether media generated or not, that will convince a lot of people who are pissed right now to purchase it.. but I am no longer one of those people. The only way to cause change is to vote with our wallets and I will be doing that from now on.

• 3Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
What, you don't want live service micro transactions, slavery battle passes AND yearly expansions to pay for the "live service" content they aren't making??
If they're going to do it, at least make the game even remotely fun. Just a smidgen of fun even, just a single molecular drop of fun

Not what this game ended up lol

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
....there HAS to be a lot more like me.

I know, people forget quickly. I'm sure there will be hype around the expansions whether media generated or not, that will convince a lot of people who are pissed right now to purchase it.. but I am no longer one of those people. The only way to cause change is to vote with our wallets and I will be doing that from now on.
There are more people like you. However, there are more people that are not like you...than are like you and it will not make a dent.

Football for example, my favorite video games....has been decimated by EA and their absolute fucking trash of what Madden has become.

No matter how bad each new years Madden is, it still gets a shitnload of " hype " from influencers who state the game has changed...step in the right direction...blah blah ". Then Madden hits record sales year after year on launch week, and then the truth gets out that it's actually worse than the year prior....yet it still broke sales records!

Rinse and repeat...every..fucking..year.

The same will happen with D5.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Truth!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I know a lot of people don't like the following argument.

Even if the game was not great, I would venture to say a lot of people got plenty of game time from it., enough to justify it as a good purchase.

I know I played it enough to say I got my money's worth. I got around 100 hours from it during which I had fun. Played through the story, leveled a few character to 70ish, most of those hours were playing with friends which is always a bonus vs single player game.

Sure I wish the game was better, I'm not planning to play season 2 which is a disappointment, I actually don't know if I'll play it again.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Even if the game was not great, I would venture to say a lot of people got plenty of game time from it., enough to justify it as a good purchase.

I know I played it enough to say I got my money's worth. I got around 100 hours from it during which I had fun. Played through the story, leveled a few character to 70ish, most of those hours were playing with friends which is always a bonus vs single player game.

Sure I wish the game was better, I'm not planning to play season 2 which is a disappointment, I actually don't know if I'll play it again.

I'm in this camp.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hatar

Trakanon Raider
I'm in this camp.
Went back to D3 for season 29 and it is so much better than D4 at this point. However, D3 at launch (for me) was pure hatred as the only way I found to progress was lurking the rtm auction. Just garbage. Started POE and will not come back to D4.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

That's most people, despite what the retard brigade would have you believe

Chersk

Trakanon Raider

+1

but I'll definitely play again at some point. I even hovered over it a little recently but thought better of it.

One thing that would definitely peak my interest is if/when they rework some of the dumb as shit suffixes they rolled out with this time around. Fuck allll the way off with that shit.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"I got my money's worth" is a weird way to argue for leisure time. It's leisure, everything you're doing is wasting time and money. "I got my money's worth" could mean anything subjectively speaking. Just say "I had fun"

"Even if the game was not great"

"as long as you get your 40 hours"

This and more amazing selling points to the game. Thank god the masses agree with you guys and we can go on funding Diablo 5 so we can get some more amazing solid 6/10 games where we can reason our time with money spent like some abused house wife.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
"I got my money's worth" is a weird way to argue for leisure time. It's leisure, everything you're doing is wasting time and money. "I got my money's worth" could mean anything subjectively speaking. Just say "I had fun"

"as long as you get your 40 hours"

This and more amazing selling points to the game. Thank god the masses agree with you guys and we can go on funding Diablo 5 so we can get some more amazing solid 6/10 games where we can reason our time with money spent like some abused house wife.
They are accidentally giving away the truth that's all.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Sure just make shit up because your point's too fucking weak to stand on its own.

Thank god people enjoying this game while it lasted sends you retards raging, that's worth the box price by itself.

• 1Salty

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
that's worth the box price by itself.
More cope. Just come to terms man. You had a mediocre experience that could've been replaced by a million other things. It's totally fine but don't make yourself to be some holier then thou awakened gamer cause you "got your money worth" and anybody who criticizes this game is some autistic screeching moron. Admit your totally fine slurping up shit in a mediocre game from a pathetic company.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like